CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDK Global Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global in October 2015.

Interview

I have been contacted by several recruiters for the same types of positions involving training and development they have changed the title many times over the months and were seeking FT then to contract role. After a while I noticed a theme. They were just searching and not taking anything seriously. I had few phone interviews and never really heard back.

PSC - Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Telephone, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the CDK website. I was contacted within two weeks of my application. My initial phone screening was performed by Talent Acquisition in Texas. The second interview was conducted via telephone with the Professional Services Manager. I was assured by all parties that I would be contacted regardless of the hiring decision.

Unfortunately, I never heard back from anyone at CDK. At all. As in, I was not contacted again. Nor did I receive replies to follow-up emails. The feedback loop is too important to overlook. Therefore, I accept this unfortunate difference in values and will not be recommending or considering CDK in my future job search endeavours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you were faced with on the job, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a quick technical chat at a career fair and was scheduled for a full interview for the same time. The full in-office interview was less than an hour long and mainly was a behavioral interview. They asked questions about me and about my various projects. It was very low pressure and the interviewer seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. They did not ask overly-technical questions and mainly focused on culture fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project you worked on and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part of the stack to work in   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process - I applied via LinkedIn with a staffing agency and received an initial phone screen with a recruiter to talk about my experience and salary expectations. After that, I had a 30-45 min phone interview with the CDK hiring manager a few days later. I then interviewed in person with 3 people for about 30 mins each. Very smooth and organized interview process with all of the common/expected questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how have your past roles prepared you for this job, why do you want to work for CDK, what do you know about CDK?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter found me on LinkedIn. She was energetic and summarized the position responsibility very well. She said she will check the work authorization with the immigration team and reply me, but I never get reply later.

Interview Questions

• Past experience. I worked for automobile industry before and I heard she typed this in her notes. Mentioned it if you have related experience/industry.   Answer Question

Bilingual Digital Advertising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Really smooth, friendly, and professional interview process. I did an initial phone interview, then a second phone interview, then an in-person interview with the person who will be my boss, and he had some other managers from the Seattle office on teleconference. Everyone was great; they asked pertinent questions and gave me a very positive impression of the company. The recruiter was very organized and helped throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Digital marketing changes all the time: what kinds of resources do you use to keep up to date?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. Two people interviewed me at the same time. Questions were general, conversation was casual, seemed like a great fit. The position was supposed to be temp to perm but the CEO stepped down at the beginning of 2016 and the new CEO froze all but critical permanent placement. Once the CEO transition completed at the end of June 2016, the CEO cut 500 permanent long term employees. If this location is here at the end of 2018 I'd be very surprised.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Excel skills and experience with ERS systems.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process seemed a bit long, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing; they did some internal shifting and the original job for which was applying got filled internally. However, the recruiter was quick to shift me to another opportunity that opened as a result of the shifting - kudos there.

The interview process, after making through the first gate with the recruiter (making sure you should even be applying), was lengthy, but considerate; in other words, I understand why it was the way it was. It began with a phone interview with my future boss. Essentially, she talked to me about the direction of the company, she asked me some questions concerning my past, etc - pretty standard stuff. We then scheduled a meeting where it felt like a more "cultural fit" Starbucks-type interview than a standard interview. After that, she provided me with some material and instructed me to familiarize myself with it and be prepared to discuss my strategy with regard to offering the solutions to an existing/perspective client. She gave me a couple days and then we had another phone call - It was a challenge interview and I really liked it; it allowed me to prove myself by displaying my proficiencies.

The final interview was with her boss, which seemed a bit more like a formality than anything. However, it allowed me to get an even higher level overview of where CDK Global is headed and what their long term goals were with regard to the DSMs and their teams.

Overall, the process was long (a month or so) but they were always considerate of my time. The company invests a lot in their employees (or so it feels). Additionally, this is a client facing position responsible for major accounts; in other words, they have to be sure. I have been told that it is challenging to get hired here and even more challenging to leave. I hope that's right!

Interview Questions

• How would you present "x solution" to a client?   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Referred to CDK Global through the Creative Circle staffing agency. Creative Circle coordinated the interview and negotiated on my behalf. There was an in-person interview as well as a phone-interview. The interviewer was late to the interview, but when he arrived he was very thorough and I felt he gained a good understanding of my skills.

Interview Questions

• How I remain relevant in the social media space/stay up on trends.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

It is easy. They informed me about how the job would look like most of the time of the interview. For most of the Interview question, they are all basic.