CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume on-line and was contacted within a day for a phone interview which was followed up in a few days with an in-person interview. HR was very professional and responsive, but I was a little turned off by the arrogance of the Managers I interviewed with. In the end I was glad I didn't get the offer.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

A few staffing agencies reached out to me for the initial screening of this position. From there, you're handed four test questions, "Design a grid template for online, Design a Javascipt Menu, Design a series of Car Banner Ads, and another Javascript question." before you're passed onto CDK Global.

The staffing agency was really only great at re-describing the written job description, so I went in hoping I could get a better understanding of the position. I interviewed with four people, none of which had actually seen my portfolio (which I thought was rude considering I took the time to complete their tests). This of course makes it hard to relate your answers to your visual design work.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from "what is the difference between a div and span", "and how do you deal with repetitive work & how to stay positive".   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted my recruiter over the phone interview was great, in person interview was great as well. Waiting for a response has been an issue. No follow-up by recruiter or hiring manager

Cta Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Norwood, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Weird way of interviewing all on phone, never do you see a person face to face till your first day. nothing is in person a lot of computer work and hoops to jump threw just to get a job offer or a job for that matter,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Phone interview and then onsite interview. Very easy is you are a good salesperson. Just make sure you can back up your past experience. Final phone interview with VP. That was more of a courtesy than anything else.

Overall the process took about a month and a half as the company does extensive background checks. Just make sure that you fill out the application completely as they check that extensively.

CDK GLOBAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

They wanted to know that I had all the basic down and especially that I knew Microsoft Excel. Otherwise it was much of a culture fit interview. They were very friendly and kept me comfortable. I wasn't nervous around them like I usually am in interview settings. Not intimidating at all and they didn't try to catch you with any tricks. Very straight forward and they were awesome!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

I don't want to review my interview but for some reason it is necessary for me to do so. Apparently I don't have enough words now, so I"m just going to make this up so I don't have to talk about my interview. Hopefully this is long enough. That's what he said.

Interview Questions

• What's the air-speed velocity of a swallow?   1 Answer

Web Design Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

They seemingly don't look at your portfolio, so if you're brand new to the field this might be the job for you. They had me complete a couple exercises (a design exercise, a CSS/HTML exercise, and a JavaScript exercise) that was due 24 hours later. The interview was with three people (one manager and two employees), but the people in the department have changed since I interviewed so I can't guarantee they'll be as nice as who I spoke to. Talked with me for an hour or less and then let me know I was hired later that day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to juggle competing due dates for multiple projects and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

CDK Global Response

Mar 10, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

For all of our web design interviews, we do review portfolios and require the design exercise as part of the decision making process. We are glad you are a part of CDK and thank you for taking the... More

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Prepped with recruiter and met with two management staff. Relevant questions and great dialogue of past experience. The recruiter was really very insightful, very responsive and assisted in explaining a job that was hard to pin down. What I love about the company is their openness to people of all skillsets and background experience but who can execute the tasks with a customer service flair.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 project management skills you rely on?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

They took resumes at the career fair at my university. There was just one round, on site in their office in Seattle for about 45 mins. Recruiters were prompt and helpful throughout. They asked about my experience, favorite programming language, abstraction, and polymorphism. Interviewer was cooperative and helpful. It was my first interview so I was a little over the place. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Shuffling an array (deck of cards). Parsing a string of words and printing in descending order of frequency which word occurs how many times (format: word frequency).   Answer Question