CDK Global Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDK Global Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Conversation with HR.
2. Phone interview with Dev. Manager.
3. Another phone interview with another Dev. Manager.
4. In-person interview with hiring manager (not either of the Dev. managers).

I did not get to step 4, so don't know what would occur after that.

Strange answers to MY questions:
1. 'Can you describe the workplace culture?'
Interviewer proceeded to tell me how they use Agile.

2. 'Is this a new position or would I be replacing someone?'
Interviewer got defensive, wanted to know why I was asking, then explained that the new hire is expected to do whatever is asked, even if it means maintenance/support of legacy code. Never did answer the question.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a sorting algorithm given these 10 numbers?
    How would you improve the performance of your algorithm? (like with a hashing function)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDK Global

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Loved the turnaround time. It was really quick. The interviewers were amazing, very smart, technical and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for Cobalt, had an interview within a few days. Interview was standard I believe - 4-5 hours with multiple technical and management people. I liked that there were not any "gotcha" or silly questions, but that the technical engineers asked deep (and still difficult) questions.

Interview Questions

• Create a blocking queue without using standard libraries.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cobalt, due to ADP policies, will require you to take a drug test. Otherwise, negotiation was quick and I felt like I was treated appropriately.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by a consultancy. I traveled from another city to the interview location only for this interview. Initially they took a simple test on first day and told that they will tell me the result by next day. But did not receive any call or email from them. When I called the consultancy person, he told me that he will get feedback from company but he did not called me back. When I called him again, he told me that I have cleared the test. I told him that I am from another city (was on leave in current organisation) and requested him to conduct the interview on same day but he did not agree. Later when I told him that I am getting calls from another consultancy, he scheduled my interview on same day. The interview was good and it went for more than one hour. They also conducted a technical test in which they told me to write a program. I gave the test and was told that I will be informed but did not receive any call/email. When I enquired with consultancy person as well as contact person, both were just keep on telling me that they will get back to me soon but did not tell me feedback. They wasted my few days. On fourth day, I called the contact person again when he initially told me that I have cleared the first round and test and will schedule interview on same day but again he did not schedule the interview. When I called him again, he told me that I did not clear the round and technical test and gave me few vague reasons. These people did not respect other's time. They have bad interview process and also have miscommunication between hr, consultancy and interview panel. Please improve the I interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed for Java and Spring. Questions were asked on collection, multi-threading, string, Spring MVC etc.   Answer Question
    • How StringBuffer maintains mutability?   Answer Question
    • Interceptors in Spring MVC   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Pune (India)).

Interview

1. Written
    2. Technical (Java + Current project related question)
    3. Technical (SQL + PLSql)
    4. Technical (SQL + On phone from US)
    5. Technical (Java Conceptual mainly collections and Data Structure + On phone from US)
    6. HR(If you selected)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I have gone through 3 rounds of technical interview.2 were on the same day and in the next week they have called up and arranged for a 3rd round of technical interview.In the first 2 rounds, its of completely technical to test ur skills and asked questions on all technologies in .Net, asp.net, MVC, SQL Server, JQuery/javascript, WCF, Oops. in the 3rd round -kind of problem solving scenarios along with some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• questions on Design patterns, Entity framework, oops, MVC etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global in March 2010.

Interview

I am going through the interview process and have not finished it yet. I had the initial phone screen and the online skills test. I have a follow up phone interview scheduled in couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What unique contributions did I have in my previous job etc.   Answer Question

I am inclined to decline as the position does not sound to appealing.