CDM Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDM Copywriter Interview Questions

Copywriter Interview

Interview

Before bringing me in for a formal interview, CDM had me complete a "copy test" that involved responding to several hypothetical advertising/marketing tasks, e.g. design an ad for an eraser, write a fundraising letter from a nonprofit, etc. The test involved five or six tasks in all and took several hours to complete. After submitting the test, I received a call from CDM in several weeks and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with an HR generalist and then with the two senior vice president creative directors who headed the department. The interviews were pleasant, informal, and informative.

Interview Questions

• One of the SVPs asked me whether, having graduated from an Ivy League school, I might have difficulty working with people without "a pedigree." I found this question to be unexpected but refreshing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being right out of college with no agency experience to speak of, I did not have leverage to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for CDM

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDM.

Interview

Had first interview, with the Head of Copy this was followed by a writing test, and after that I was invited to a second interview with my immediate supervisor, the Creative Director and the Managing Director.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience in certain therapy areas, and about experience in digital.   Answer Question