CDM Smith Engineer IV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CDM Smith

1 Interview Review

Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2010.

Interview

Being flexible I offered to interview at their location while I was on a personal trip. This interview costed them nothing. They invited me back for a second interview, again I was very flexible in taking time off from my job, staying with friends (no lodging costs), and minimizing transportation/meals costs. There were a lot of promises from Phoenix and from Cambridge and it seemed that I would get the job within a few weeks. However, the process dragged on into the middle of January. In the middle of January I was informed that they decided they weren't going to fill the position at all, but wanted to know if I was interested positions in Chicago, Houston, or their headquarters. I considered each position and said I would throw my resume in the hat. Two months went by on and off again - "I ran your resume by this office, but we want someone local there. We aren't hiring there." The process dragged on even to the point where I accepted another offer and they said they would hurry to try and find me a position in the office of the city where my new job was located. I respectfully declined at that point. Would you want to work for an organization that plays games with people, especially if you are flexible? My advice to you if you are looking for a job is to expense the hell out of the company you are trying to obtain a job from because then you become a lost investment if they don't hire you. Make them spend more on you and maybe they can't say no? I don't know...the whole process was bogus.

Interview Questions