CDM Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDM Smith Interview Questions

Interviews at CDM Smith

2.4

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

Initially spoke to the internship coordinator located at the Boston headquarters. Had an in-person interview with 4 members of the company. Talked about my resume and my previous work experience. Total time was about an hour and a half. Spoke to each person for roughly 30-40 minutes. Finished with a tour of the office where I was able to meet other people who worked there.

I interviewed pretty late in the game, so I was offered the position within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Are you considering graduate school?
      What was your previous internship?
      Are you organized?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had an enjoyable phone interview with someone in HR, who told me they'd get in contact by the end of that day to schedule an in-person interview. Four days passed with no word so I reached out via email to check back on the position and again never received a reply. I certainly understand when I'm not the right candidate for a position, however being notified of that is much more preferable than being completely ignored.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of your experience that would make you a good candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Received a call from HR and explained my experience/current employment situation. HR set up a call with the hiring manger and director. From there, they flew me in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manger and director. I received a call from HR a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions were asked regarding education, experience, current role, brought examples of my work.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith (East Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took almost 2 hours. I was interviewed by 5 different people. Very tiring because you end up repeating yourself 5 different times. All the employees were very kind and attentive, felt heard and the desire to be part of the team.

Automation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Heard back from HR about 2 weeks after application. Started with HR 10-min phone interview then one week later set up an in-person interview with hiring manager and his team at the job location.

Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview was easy, they had a direct need for my services and I was more than qualified to meet those needs. I was offered the job right after the interview, by the interviewer

Interview Questions

• Mostly task/job description focused   1 Answer

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

An in person interview with the hiring manager immediately followed by one with a developer. Offer given 2 days later although due to the fact I went through a recruiter no hard copy of the offer simply in words with a official offer letter if I were to accept.

Interview Questions

• A few generic interview questions such as the biggest problem I had on a project, etc. A few coding questions on a whiteboard nothing too difficult, implementing a singly linked list and a recursive function to reverse a singly linked list.   Answer Question

Specifications Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved an initial phone call with senior staff at CDM Smith. After I cleared that process, I went to a person to person interview in CDM Smith's local office. I was offered the job, but a formal offer with salary was brought to me weeks later. Overall, the interview process was direct but informal and the overall friendly and informative staff was very much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe your qualifications for this position?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

Very simple and basic phone interview about self and experience. Was not bad at all, however, the interviewer seemed preoccupied. Difficult to talk to someone and answer their questions when that person seems to not be interested in your response.

Interview Questions

Interview

I submitted my resume, was contacted by their HR, and then scheduled for an in-office interview. Receptionist was very nice and offered me something to drink (hot tea, coffee, or water) while I waited. I had multiple 1:1 conversations with both junior and senior staff and at the end they took me to lunch. Everyone was very pleasant.