CDM Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CDM Smith

2.4

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Bellevue, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

They do a series of 1:1 or 2:1 interviews with the entire group you are interviewing to work with. There's not much coordination and it's pretty repetitive. They do not have a good method for getting back in touch or keeping you up to date.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDM Smith in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter the day after I applied to the position. We had a great conversation. She asked about my current job and what I was looking for in my next position. She asked my availability for the following week to come in for an in-person interview. I met with 7 people and had one phone interview at the end. Everyone was very nice and on time for the interviews. They do a benefits overview in the beginning of the interview process, which I think was very helpful and considerate. I was made an offer the following day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Everyone one asked about my current job situation. I was asked a lot of the same questions. What I was looking for in my next job, what I looked for in a manager, how I managed my time, my proficiency in Microsoft office, how I would handle an overloaded schedule, etc. Can you think of a time when you made a mistake in your work and how you handled that situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No price negotiation for me, but I know they do negotiate salaries in certain situations.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I received a call from HR, was asked a serious of telephone interview style questions. Invited in for a final interview. Interview was good. Met with 5-6 people of different backgrounds and levels. Offer made within 1 week of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a sustainable company? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a series of 4 interviews. 2 of them were with 3 staff members and the other 2 were one on one. The first group of staff members were in the same role. The second group were the level above. The last two one on one were with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume background and why you are interested in this position.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Albany, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I initially came into contact with them at our college's career fair. They then emailed me asking to interview in person at the Albany, NY office (closest to my school). The interviews were standard, no technical questions. Just questions about my past experiences and my familiarity with certain AutoCAD products. I had interviews with 3 people, and was out in 3 hours.

They were really nice there, and I enjoyed the small office feel of the company. Business casual work environment, friendly people, etc. Seemed like a very traditional engineering consulting company. The satellite offices operate almost as their own entities, so it really depends on what office you end up at.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, just about my past experiences and whether their kind of products interest me.   Answer Question

I received another offer for much better compensation, location, and projects.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter and after a quick phone screen I was flown out to Boston for an in person interview. The interview was part of some sort of hiring spree, lasted about 30-45 minutes and consisted of very few questions. It was mostly two of their engineers telling me things about themselves and asking the occasional behavioral question. This was supposedly the deciding interview for being hired. It was odd, I wasn't sure what exactly they were looking for, I'm not sure they did either.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

1st round called from HR for basic question, 2nd round with one of engineer and just went over resume. First two round was easy, however, last it was with four people individually. First two people were also easy and just go over your resume and asked some basic interview question. Last two people are asked many behavior question and I got around 10 behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your co-worker work in slow peace, how would you motivate him ?
      Tell me a time when your co-worker are lazy, what you going to do ?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Cambridge, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

In person interview went well. Interviewer seemed to know the company and position well.

I did end up taking the job and have regretted it ever since. If you are a new grad, spend some time here and you'll learn "what not to do" to take to a better firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past project, your role and how you were rated. What were your biggest challenges.   Answer Question

Negotiation

willing to negotiate.
    As said earlier, this is not the firm that it was sold to be, if you are 10+ years of experience, don't bother wasting your time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

Process was professional, efficient and straight forward. There was not a panel interview, which does not allow for much one-on-one interaction, but a series of interviewees whom were able to ask direct and follow up questions.

Geologist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Edison, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very much enjoyable and smooth. I really do appreciate CDM smith's thoroughness and follow-up that they displayed during their interview process.

It started out with an initial phone screening with one of their HR representatives, followed up with another phone interview with my manager, where he asked me about my experience background, personality and future goals. Once I got passed that, CDM smith requested a face to face interview in their Edison, NJ office, where I met with four different people from their infrastructure and technology field group.
    The whole interview was really enjoyable and insightful, I was very relaxed and I felt a very welcoming environment from all the people I met. I came out of the interview feeling very positive and happy.
    During the whole hiring process, one of their HR personnel was constantly following up with me, calling me and sending me instructional emails several times a week, I found that it was very helpful and projected the impressive work quality and culture that CDM smith has. After one week of my face to face interview I got a phone call telling me that the client they were working with approved my qualifications and they sent me a job offer explaining all the benefits and financial compensation I would be receiving if the offer was accepted, pending the background check, which they conducted fairly quickly.

The overall process was really professional and admirable, it brings me great joy to be part of such a well respected and renowned company.