CDW Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDW Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day for a phone screening in March of 2016. Because they had set training dates and segments that didn't work for my schedule/needs, I didn't get to an in person interview for 10 months. My in person interview was in January 2017 and was offered the position a few days later. The interview is STAR heavy, and asks questions about your background. They also want to know why CDW and if you see yourself being with them for the long term.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a customer asked you about a product you knew nothing about. How did you handle that in order to get the sale?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then skype if you are out of state, it was pretty straightforward they are basically making sure you have a presence on the phone and then the second interview is more abotu your skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online hour long personality test that touched on various scenarios and real time problems. Then a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview took about 30mins. It involves talking about various scenarios of your experience, and going through your resume with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a tough decision, and how you faced.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to take charge, and how it went.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First step is a phone screen with a recruiter. This will take about an hour and go through all of the categories listed in "Interview Questions". If you make it past the phone screen, the next step, depending on what office you are applying for and where you currently live, will be a follow-up with the hiring manager (either in-person or via Skype). The managers still have to go through a lot of the same kinds of questions that the recruiter did, but they are mostly looking at your personality and whether or not you would be successful in a personable role.

Interview Questions

• Brief company history. Your understanding of the role you're applying for. Personal history/ skills. BEHAVIORAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS. Hypothetical situation questions.   1 Answer
    • "Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I took a personality assessment then had two phone interviews with a recruiter who was very nice and prepared me for my in person interview. I then had a in person interview and got offered the job a few hours after the interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

A very high spirited and positive recruiter contacted me a few days after I submitted my application. She gave me a detailed description about the position I applied for before asking if I would still be interested in a career at CDW. We scheduled for her to call back for a phone interview. I was given additional information about CDW to help me prep for the phone interview and then a face-to-face interview. I feel like the recruiter helped me a lot during my interview process and played a big role in increasing my confidence going into the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you'll have to face in sales?   Answer Question

CDW Response

May 24, 2016 – Senior Manager

We are proud our Talent Acquisition team created a positive experience for you. Thanks for sharing your feedback. Glad to have you on the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online via Indeed, took a brief personality assessment and was contacted by a recruiter via phone a few days later. After going over the initial description and compensation for the Account Manager position (ie: Vernon Hills vs Chicago, how I feel about inside sales & cold-calling, the base salary ($30k, non-negotiable, with uncapped commission after initial training period) scheduled a phone interview.

Phone interview asked about experiences and behavioral STAR method Q&A, not difficult to prep for, just have some good anecdotes on hand and be able to walk them through the specifics of how you handled a problem, and what the outcome was.

Had a panel interview a week later with the Sales Manager and the Training Manager--they were super friendly and were able to confidently ask and answer questions and led the interview in a professional manner. Gained more insight into the training process, which is classroom-based and supported with peer exercises, shadowing, feedback on calls, all seemed very supportive which I was looking forward to.

Ultimately declined due to low expected pay (would be 50% cut, even with commission, for the first few years). Had to wrestle with the decision though, and wished I could have accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond what the customer was looking for, and how this impacted the sale.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to break bad news to a client.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer wanted to go elsewhere for a better deal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a good interview, the hiring staff at CDW was amazing. They Ask the best questions to make sure youre a good fit for the company. Make sure you do your homework on CDW before you go in for the interview, that will help you a lot!

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Very accommodating interview process. I was reached out to by recruiter after applying to job on university website. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, then Q & A with a top performing account manager. After both, in person interview with sales manager. Offered a job after follow up and is a perfect opportunity if you want to break into the technology sales force.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mainly followed by what if situations related to sales afterwards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I took an online assessment and sent in my resume. Then I had 2 phone interviews and a face-to-face interview. Overall the process was very smooth and I think they are mostly looking for someone who is hard working with a great personality. CDW is a great company to work for. Make sure you do your research on the company in advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you console a customer who believes the price is too high for a product?   Answer Question