CDW Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a challenging process, but it is clearly thoughtful with the intention of hiring the right people. The process consisted of several steps. I was referred by an employee who handed my resume to a Sales Manager (very lucky). Next I was contact for an informal phone interview, where I was directed to complete a multiple choice behavioral assessment. After that, I had an formal phone interview with hiring manager implementing the STAR method asking behavioral/situational type questions. Lastly, an in-person interview with the Senior Sales Manager for the specific vertical I was interested in. I got an offer on the spot post-interview questions.

Pro-tips:
- Have some great questions to ask, specific to the vertical you're applying for. Be specific.
- Prepare. Prepare. Prepare. I may have spent 10 hours studying their company including a lot of reading, and memorizing key partners, products, services, and solutions provided.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question (In-person): "If you were on a cold-call and the first thing the person tells you is that they are not interested and already working with someone else, what would you say and how would you make the sale?"   1 Answer
  • Easier question (Formal phone interview): "What does CDW do?"   1 Answer
  • Medium level price objection question (Formal phone interview): "You are on the phone with a prospect (cold-call). They are a decision-maker for their company and are interested printer services, but have been quoted $100 less by a competitor. How would you respond to their price objection and inevitably make the sale?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW in July 2017.

Interview

This was, in a practical sense, a very easy interview. I applied through the CDW website and received a request for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. I was asked very typical questions such as: What is your range of sales experience (I have 3 years); What was your salary at your last position; What does CDW do ( I do my homework and gave a complete and thought-out response)? It was literally only those three questions.

Then I was asked if I had any questions and when I asked about office culture, quotas, benefits, salary, commission, etc, the interviewer became gradually more annoyed and frustrated. (I think you can agree, these are typical interview questions, and most of the time, as the interviewee, you don't have to ask them yourself -- they're specified at some point before the Q&A portion of the conversation.) After getting a huffy response to my questions, I was asked if I had any trips planned over the next 6 months. I said yes, that I had two days in the fall when I would be out of town, and that I would be visiting family for the holidays. Apparently, this pushed the interviewer over the Cliff of Frustration into the Valley of Anger. In a raised voice, and I was told that this was completely unacceptable, it was made clear that I was wasting everyone's time, and the interview ended right there.

I've never been treated with so little regard, unfriendliness and unprofessionalism in an interview. Maybe someone was having a bad day. Maybe they were dealing with family drama. Or maybe CDW allows terrible attitudes and extremely poor people skills to be the driving force of their business. Either way, I'll be avoiding them completely and I hope you don't waste your time (or theirs, apparently), either.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. I apologize this was your experience. I assure you this is not typical and in direct conflict with the expectations of our team... More

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

There was an extensive phone interview with many different types of questions. They let me know about the company and asked me questions about myself as well. I was then interviewed in person with a similar style of questioning.

Interview Questions

• What was one scenario where you had to learn something new in order to complete a task?   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and they called me less than an hour after filling the application and 30 minute questionnaire for a basic laid back phone screen. The woman was very kind and helpful. She really set me up for success, emailing me all pertinent information and what to study.

We scheduled a phone interview 2 weeks later. Basic STAR and a small sales related scenario. Actually rather easy! My mistake was I didn't read the e-mail or research the company! So don't be a pleb like me.

Interview Questions

• Name and explain a specific goal you had and how you achieved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with very kind and helpful employee.
    In person interview at office location. One hour 1 on 1 interview with a manager (usually the one you will work with).
    Received a phone call back within an hour after I had completed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a big challenge in your life and how you reacted.   Answer Question