CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

the interview is fairly easy. must have some sales and fitness experience. you talk with the assistant manager to review your background. They give you a tour of the gym and ask your skill set. wait on background check to come through. takes up to 2 weeks. is a plus if you have your certification.

Drop Ship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was okay. They went through a series of questions and I answered them. Sometimes there were follow-up questions and I got to go more in depth with my answer. At the end they gave me the opportunity to ask some questions of my own.

Program Manager - Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Originally the interview process for CDW seemed logical and systematic when described. That was all thrown out the window and it appeared no one interviewing me had a clue as to what they were looking for and who had ultimate decision making criteria. The process did not follow what the recruiter described and took at least twice as long (everything was "virtual" nothing was face-to-face). Two weeks after the final interview I was contacted that more final interviews were needed which added another 2 weeks on top of the two weeks of waiting to hear after the final interview. In the end I was "unofficially" provided an offer and "everyone was waiting on approvals". After week three of this "waiting" I seriously questioned if the funding for this position had even been secured prior to the posting and this very unusual interviewing process. I moved forward with a tangible offer from a more legitimate organization. That process was less than four weeks from applying online and receiving an offer "in writing". I had heard so many wonderful accounts about CDW from others that it was a huge disappointment to experience such a disastrous candidate selection process. I have had many jobs in my lifetime and have placed professionals for staffing and consulting and this was the strangest, most questionable employer treatment of a potential candidate that I have ever heard of.

Interview Questions

• The interview process involved creating a PowerPoint presentation on their specific questions. It had to be completed and submitted several days prior to the panel interview of CDW leadership. It was timed and you had to complete the content in 30 minutes. After that, the next 60 minutes involved questions on your presentation and/or your skills set from the panel.

Some questions included:

What is the most important function of a Program Manager?
      How will you establish trust - relationships?
      What is a time you had to take responsibility for a failed delivery, describe this.
      How do you establish credibility with technical architects?
      Provide an example of leading organizational change
      How do you resolve personality conflicts?   Answer Question

CDW Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It's important to know when we haven't delivered our best. Please feel free to contact me (Jen Sommesi Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition ) directly... More

S3 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very quick process once the ball got rolling. Had a short phone screen with the technical recruiter, then an in-person interview with the person who would be my manager.

The recruiter was very responsive and gave me updates frequently. Got the offer the week after my in-person interview and accepted.
    No trick questions, straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How technical are you?
      A time you overcame a challenge in sales?   Answer Question

K12 Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very competitive with over 1,500 applicants. There was a virtual interview through Hire View which was very easy to use, then a phone call with a recruiter which all of them are very nice and accommodating, finally an in-person interview at your location with a manager. Everyone is so nice and transparent about the interview process. It did not take very long and is something I would go through again.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online on out campus website and several days later, I got a phone call. Then, we scheduled a time to have a phone interview the days after the phone call. The hiring manager was kind and nice. And they provide a lot of information for you to prepare.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for very specific answers, which added an extra dimension of difficulty to the interview. Trying to guess what they want to hear is not easy. Do your homework before you go in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer couldn't get their products in time?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was harder than I had presumed it to be. The first step was an online recorded interview followed by two more over the phone. The recruiter was nice but was rough on scheduling a time around my schedule. The questions asked were relevant to any sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to overcome an obstacle at work and how you did it,   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I basically had a phone interview with a recruiter and then I had an interview on-site. First the recruiter took me around the building for a tour for 30 minutes before the interview with the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• 1) What was an aggressive goal you set for youself? How did you achieve it?
      2) Tell a time when you have a disagreement with peers and how did you solve the situation? Result?
      3) Tell a time when you did a project alone. What did you do and how did you achieve result?
      4) Why CDW?
      5) How do you overcome objections with sales?
      6) If your products cost more than your competitor, how would you differentiate yourself from the competitors to close the deal?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. I met several different key people with whom I'll be working and had extensive conversations with each. The conversations ranged from the day-to-day essential job functions to some edge cases I could run into. They asked about my ability to transition from a technical role to a more customer-oriented role. I was also informed how I would be working with my colleagues to enhance our business and grow our portfolio.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my ability to transition from being an engineer to this role which is significantly different.   1 Answer