CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

194 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

the interview is fairly easy. must have some sales and fitness experience. you talk with the assistant manager to review your background. They give you a tour of the gym and ask your skill set. wait on background check to come through. takes up to 2 weeks. is a plus if you have your certification.

S3 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very quick process once the ball got rolling. Had a short phone screen with the technical recruiter, then an in-person interview with the person who would be my manager.

The recruiter was very responsive and gave me updates frequently. Got the offer the week after my in-person interview and accepted.
    No trick questions, straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How technical are you?
      A time you overcame a challenge in sales?   Answer Question

K12 Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very competitive with over 1,500 applicants. There was a virtual interview through Hire View which was very easy to use, then a phone call with a recruiter which all of them are very nice and accommodating, finally an in-person interview at your location with a manager. Everyone is so nice and transparent about the interview process. It did not take very long and is something I would go through again.

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I basically had a phone interview with a recruiter and then I had an interview on-site. First the recruiter took me around the building for a tour for 30 minutes before the interview with the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• 1) What was an aggressive goal you set for youself? How did you achieve it?
      2) Tell a time when you have a disagreement with peers and how did you solve the situation? Result?
      3) Tell a time when you did a project alone. What did you do and how did you achieve result?
      4) Why CDW?
      5) How do you overcome objections with sales?
      6) If your products cost more than your competitor, how would you differentiate yourself from the competitors to close the deal?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online on out campus website and several days later, I got a phone call. Then, we scheduled a time to have a phone interview the days after the phone call. The hiring manager was kind and nice. And they provide a lot of information for you to prepare.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for very specific answers, which added an extra dimension of difficulty to the interview. Trying to guess what they want to hear is not easy. Do your homework before you go in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer couldn't get their products in time?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was harder than I had presumed it to be. The first step was an online recorded interview followed by two more over the phone. The recruiter was nice but was rough on scheduling a time around my schedule. The questions asked were relevant to any sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to overcome an obstacle at work and how you did it,   Answer Question

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. I met several different key people with whom I'll be working and had extensive conversations with each. The conversations ranged from the day-to-day essential job functions to some edge cases I could run into. They asked about my ability to transition from a technical role to a more customer-oriented role. I was also informed how I would be working with my colleagues to enhance our business and grow our portfolio.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my ability to transition from being an engineer to this role which is significantly different.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was conducted by Dione it was positive. Asked me to tell her about myself, my sales background, and overall experience. I was also asked about my technical knowledge and whether I was able to come to the office which is located downtown Chicago every day Monday -Friday

Interview Questions

• Do you have Inside Sales experience   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

1st Stage: Phone Interview/Email
    2nd Stage: HireVue (Video Recorded) Interview
    3rd Stage: Excel Assessment (this position works extensively with Excel - reporting)
    3rd Stage: In Person Interview with Program Manager of Sales

First three stages were simple and quick, but the actual in-person interview was the worst. The guy interviewing me wasted 2 hours of my time, only spending 15 minutes tops (if that) regarding actual interview questions. The rest of the time consisted of casual chatting, mostly him yapping about his previous jobs and hobbies---extremely unprofessional and at times, offensive (surprised he felt comfortable enough to use an ethnic slur to describe my father when I told him where he was from).

The interviewer could have cared less about interviewing me for the position, which could've easily been misconstrued for already nailing the position and your future manager getting to know you better. It took 2 weeks for the recruiter to let me know he went with someone else, BUT, wanted to know if I (a current Contract Analyst) was interested a Manager's Assistant position (aka Secretary), because they use Excel too.......

No. Thank. You.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. I will be looking further into the situation you shared. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to include any other details or information. Jen... More