CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.9

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for very specific answers, which added an extra dimension of difficulty to the interview. Trying to guess what they want to hear is not easy. Do your homework before you go in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer couldn't get their products in time?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was harder than I had presumed it to be. The first step was an online recorded interview followed by two more over the phone. The recruiter was nice but was rough on scheduling a time around my schedule. The questions asked were relevant to any sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to overcome an obstacle at work and how you did it,   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

CDW uses a video interview system called HireVe. Basically you are asked questions and provided video recorded answers. It was odd as i have never done that for a job interview. From there a recruiter reaches out to you to follow up after they reviewed your video. My recruiter was very nice and answered any questions I had. I kept in contact with her throughout the process. I was set up with an interview with a female at the Chicago office. I had to take the train in and arrived an hour early. I walked around downtown and arrived to the office about 20 mins early.I checked in with the receptionist. She came and got me, 10 mins late, and took me to another floor. We ended up in a large interior room.
    It was a VERY uncomfortable interview. She was not welcoming and was as warm as a rock. Interviews are nerve wracking to begin with and I have never met an interviewer like her. There was no relating to her on a personal level. She has no warmth to her, no relatability. She also did not listen. My current position is complex so when asked about it, I give a broad view of what I do and the characters involved. She cut me off when I was explaining. She then asks "what do you do on a daily basis?" I proceed to tell her but she confused with my job and departments involved, had she let me finish my original thought she wouldn't have been.
    She explained the position at CDW, vaguely. You would process contacts from the sales department and that they would need to go out rapidly. I probed as to how many people were in the department, department environment and morale, training, dress code etc. The answers I would get were either dripping with disgust or plain rude. I got the vibe she didn't want to be interviewing me from the get go. She said she was a project manager so her along with 10 others work with this department. She couldn't even give me a headcount for the department. There was no way, had an offer been offered, would I have accepted based on this woman alone. I am a people person, there would be no way I could have worked with or for her.
    Before the in person interview, the recruiter called and we discussed compensation and benefits. The job is salaried and base pay is between 48k-50k. Low compared to the other reported salaries on Glassdoor for this position at CDW. The insurance was expensive. For the same coverage I currently have at my job, it would cost $100 more a month,roughly $175 a month out of paycheck.

It was a good experience until I met the interviewer. Everyone else I had met until then were pleasant and personable.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about your current role
      -What would your boss say about you
      -What do you need to work on
      -What is your end goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview took approximately 40 minutes. Very Straight forward interview. Interviewer asks several behavior type questions. Not much dialog between interviewer and interviewee. Interviewer was right to the point. Did not show much enthusiasm. Overall fair interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical Behavioral questions using the STAR method to answer them   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

1st Stage: Phone Interview/Email
    2nd Stage: HireVue (Video Recorded) Interview
    3rd Stage: Excel Assessment (this position works extensively with Excel - reporting)
    3rd Stage: In Person Interview with Program Manager of Sales

First three stages were simple and quick, but the actual in-person interview was the worst. The guy interviewing me wasted 2 hours of my time, only spending 15 minutes tops (if that) regarding actual interview questions. The rest of the time consisted of casual chatting, mostly him yapping about his previous jobs and hobbies---extremely unprofessional and at times, offensive (surprised he felt comfortable enough to use an ethnic slur to describe my father when I told him where he was from).

The interviewer could have cared less about interviewing me for the position, which could've easily been misconstrued for already nailing the position and your future manager getting to know you better. It took 2 weeks for the recruiter to let me know he went with someone else, BUT, wanted to know if I (a current Contract Analyst) was interested a Manager's Assistant position (aka Secretary), because they use Excel too.......

No. Thank. You.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. I will be looking further into the situation you shared. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to include any other details or information. Jen... More

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and passed 20 minute assessment test online. The very next day I was contacted by the Recruiter of CDW and we scheduled a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and included standard behavioral questions. The Recruiter with the name Dione was polite and helpful at certain moments. Although I was not invited for the in-person interview, the overall experience was very useful for my future employment search.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to handle irate customers? What communication techniques did you use?
      If your client found a HP printer for cheaper price at our competitor's shop, which steps would you take in order not to lose this customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter about an open position for sales. It was a weird process because the training class started in 7 days from when I was contacted, but he said that it was doable and I could get into the training class. Training class passed and I received an email from another recruiter about a phone screening. Set up and time and date, had the phone screening which took 40 minutes and was a waste of time. She only talked about the company and what the position was. We scheduled another phone screening later that week. I was prepared, researched the company, types of questions they would ask, and practiced. She was late for the phone interview and it was just awkward. When I was trying to answer the questions I was being talked over, and after answering there were long pauses. The whole process and experience was just weird.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Our sales training does start on specific dates. We share that information upfront with candidates to provide realistic expectations. I apologize the recruiter was late for... More

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone conversation with inside recruiter; second was 1/1 with hiring manager; third was panel with 5 CDW folks made up of managers and directors. The panel interview was a waste of time. They had their decision made prior. Despite best efforts of qualifying CDW, I could have done more to better understand requirements and it didn't help that hiring manager was only 3 months into his new role. Nice people; good environment for entry level. If interviewing with them, ask them to share ALL requirements, then ask again.

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Difficult to get in contact, was then asked to do a 10 minute recording of myself by answering 4 questions. IE why are you the best candidate for this position?

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants?
      What are some of your goals or what do you hope to get out of this position?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online hour long personality test that touched on various scenarios and real time problems. Then a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview took about 30mins. It involves talking about various scenarios of your experience, and going through your resume with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a tough decision, and how you faced.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to take charge, and how it went.   Answer Question