CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Virtual/ computerized, self-taken interview, 1:1 interview with potential manager, and large panel interview with leadership of teams the position would support. I did a lot of preparation prior to this to understand the sales leadership needs and segment initiatives in order to best understand what my job would consist of.

Interview Questions

• How do you show leadership to others? How have you mentored others? What process improvement projects are you involved in and what were the results?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked me a ton of behavior questions and other questions outside the normal scope of what I was used to so I was caught off guard, be prepared for anything. The lady was nice though overall and continued to make me feel comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to say a specific service of theirs that I particularly found interesting and why.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviews can range from a few days to a spread of about two weeks. They will make you fill out a survey that will bring visibility to your character.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your last job that had to change the mind of a customer?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for very specific answers, which added an extra dimension of difficulty to the interview. Trying to guess what they want to hear is not easy. Do your homework before you go in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer couldn't get their products in time?   Answer Question

Maintenance Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Called and scheduled. Came out to location for interview met with Manager. Discussed the expectations of the position. Manager let me know what type of person that they are looking for to fulfill that position. Asked questions about my past roles and how I would fit in the role. The manager took me on a tour and explained to the culture of CDW. Answered any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills for this role.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Basic Behavioral based questions were asked. It was quite difficult because the Interviewer expected these questions to be answered in a specific way. I had a hard time getting my answers across as she continually interrupted me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to learn something new and how you learned it   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you worked in a team setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview was fairly difficult, all situation based and she wanted you to be extremely specific. I had to explain myself multiple times when answering a single question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked toward a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

PPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Applied online via CDW website. Phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with two managers. Final in person interview with department director. Offer came the following week. Overall smooth process, the recruiter was great about keeping in touch throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, position specific technical questions   Answer Question

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

In person interview, writing sample and final interview with department VP. Candidates go through a typical phone screen with HR and then arrange for an interview with the manager. Afterwards, candidates complete a writing sample. Once the writing sample is vetted by another senior proposal writer, a final interview is conducted with the VP. Once you get to that point, there is a 99% likelihood you got the job because the interview with the VP is like 3 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Experience in proposal writing, project management skills, organization, etc. There was also a writing sample that had to be completed.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. they give you good prep for the phone interview & for the actual interview too. if you read the prep & prepare answers, you'll do fine. The recruiter explained everything in full detail to me about the job. the interview questions are behavior based. I had a phone interview on a Friday & an in person interview on the following Monday. Offer made on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a customer complaint.   1 Answer