CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview over phone then in person

Interview Questions

• What sales expierce do you have   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was conducted by Dione it was positive. Asked me to tell her about myself, my sales background, and overall experience. I was also asked about my technical knowledge and whether I was able to come to the office which is located downtown Chicago every day Monday -Friday

Interview Questions

• Do you have Inside Sales experience   1 Answer

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

There was a phone interview with an HR manager. Then they brought me in for a face to face interview with the HR Manager and the Sales Manager for the SMB sales group. The interview was an enjoyable process, the company is well known and supposedly one of the top companies to work for. However their offer was way to low. Their base salary was $35K plus commission. When I asked for a commission schedule and an idea of what the average commissions a sales rep would make in their first year, HR wouldn't provide me with that. I had over 3 years of inside sales experience with another IT VAR, but all sales organizations are different, so I needed to see what types of commissions I could count on. When they made me an offer, I had to decline it, because they refused to tell me a key piece of information. Now I am with another VAR making over 100K per year.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult clients? And sensitive situations?   Answer Question

I had over 3 years of experience and a book of clients that I could call on. They weren't willing to pay for experience and didn't want to give me all of the information necessary to make a good decision.
    They wanted a body not an experienced IT sales rep.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Very good interview. Easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you grew your previous organization's revenue?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDW (Lake Forest, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

All I have to say is, if you have any type of sales experience at all and are NOT right out of college then RUN. Dont walk RUN and or dont even bother to attempt to get a job here. There base is 25k a year and you are required to cold call all day long hoping to land some accounts. The manager that hired me basically did the worst interview I have ever had. Could of chatted with him over the phone rather than waste my time going in to talk with him. This job should of been a slam dunk.......I have over 5 years of sales experience but I felt that during the interview that this manager wanted nothing to do with someone with actual experience!! Got the over qualified look plenty of times. Basically I think CDW likes to hire people to train from the ground up so they arent scared of someone with experience coming in and taking their job. Just my opionion.....

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CDW?

Really, this was the hardest question during my interview! Kinda comical. The rest was all small talk
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied through their website after seeing the job posting on my University job board. I was called for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview lasted 1 hour. At the end of the call I was asked to come in asap to meet with the person who would be my manager. I then met with the manager who I really really liked.

The HR person came back to go over the benefits package. Since it wasn't my first offer I asked for time to consider the offer. I was told that I could take a week but the start date would be 10 days out because they have a 6 week training period where they train groups all at once. During our phone interview he had mentioned another start date that would have been more than a month away but that was no longer on the table. I think that maybe the later start date would have been under another manager and that's why it wasn't part of what was available anymore.

The cubicles are really big. There are lots of prizes and free food but the pay for the first two years is the worst. I was also told that to get close to 6 figures in year 4 it would require working 10 to 12 hour days for the first year.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an objection.   Answer Question

Hours too long for low earnings initially.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

phone interview, 1 on 1 then offered the posiiton. very easy offered posiiton that day which idicates they do not care who they empliy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

They called for a phone screen and then invited me in for an interview. At that time I met with my Human Resources contact who then introduced me to a manager in Small Business. He was very nice but was not experienced. He extended an offer to me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not negotiations. He handed me an offer letter immediately.

Account Manager Small Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Interview

was referred by a friend who received a $50 bonus upon my completion of 30 days. i was called and briefly screened a week after submitting my resume, and asked to come in for an interview on the same call. i interviewed with a sales manager in a small interview room in the mettawa location. process was straight forward, and i was asked a short assortment of commonly asked questions regarding my skills, employment, and education. i received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• how does your education apply to your potential career in inside sales?   Answer Question