CDW Interview Questions in Herndon, VA | Glassdoor

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pre-interview was a phone interview with the department manager, who if impressed would recommend you to the office heads. That takes you to the second phase of the interview which is in the office building with the HR rep and the Corporate manager

Interview Questions

• If you heard a lot of bad talk from coworkers about the company how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I took an online assessment and sent in my resume. Then I had 2 phone interviews and a face-to-face interview. Overall the process was very smooth and I think they are mostly looking for someone who is hard working with a great personality. CDW is a great company to work for. Make sure you do your research on the company in advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you console a customer who believes the price is too high for a product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through university website and heard back in less than a week. Had one phone interview and a followup in person interview in the office. Whole process was very rushed, which did not make sense to me since the job doesn't start until July (I applied in January). Recruiter was very nice and helpful though.

Interview Questions

• traditional behavioral questions (everyone I had was previously posted by others...prepare those and you will be fine)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via CDW website and completed online assessment. Got a phone screen next morning and a phone interview the next day. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. Didn't get the in-office interview though. The recruiter was very nice. Most questions were "Tell me a time when..." types and about work history.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about CDW?
      2. Why would you want to work at CDW?
      3. Why would you want to work in sales?
      4. What was your biggest reason to leave the last position?
      5. Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill to solve a problem
      6. What was your biggest goal in the last 5 years? How did you achieve it?
      ...   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first time I was called I was given the description and expectations of the job. The second call was a phone screening/interview with a recruiter. The final interview was with Sales Manager in work location.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of one time that you had to deal with an objection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple and quick but they definitely overpromised and under-delivered in many ways. Its very difficult to move up or around in the company (it takes years and many certifications). It also very difficult to have work/life balance, and a flexible schedule; they told me other wise at the beginning so it was very disappointing. Very stressful and very low starting salary. Also I was never told that the training requirement was 6 months of rigorous cold calling where they track your every call and phone time, so I really felt like the interview process was misleading. On top of that you will need to pass a test after working your butt off for 6 months (the test is a joke a measures nothing of importance to selling IT), you will not have a job if you don't pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Originally met them at our school's career fair. Was invited to apply online. Submitted application and completed personality assessment. Was contacted same day and asked to participate in a phone screening. Phone screening was about two weeks later. Lasted about 50 minutes - half questions half selling CDW.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all about personal preferences. There were some very straight forward, standard behavioral questions at the end. Not difficult.   Answer Question

They straight up said I wouldn't be able to afford to live where the office location was from my first-year compensation. Not exactly how I want to start my career.

Sales - Entry Level - Inside-Herndon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

First phone call after online application and survey/personality online test, was with questions: If the location was good for me, if I’m available on the start date, and if 12$/h is satisfying me-non negotiable.
    Next phone call was a standard questions interview about my resume, experience, why I want to work for CDW, what makes me good in sales, what was my biggest achievement this year, what was the most difficult experience I had and how I handled it ETC.
    After few days I got automatically generated email that I wasn't considered anymore for the position and I cannot reapply for the same job within next following 6 months.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions over the phone interview   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was mainly about selling the interviewer on an item that would be hard to sell and overcoming objections customer raise. It wasn't a hard interview, people at CDW are cool.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you like about sales?
      What would make you a great salesperson?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

starts with a phone interview. Phone interview asked very basic background questions as well as a in depth description of the job. Next steps is a in person interview with 2 managers. In person interview consisted of basic sales rep questions as well as what if questions.

Interview Questions

• are you comfortable making 60 calls a day, hearing NO and keep pushing to find that YES?   Answer Question