CDW Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDW Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and passed 20 minute assessment test online. The very next day I was contacted by the Recruiter of CDW and we scheduled a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and included standard behavioral questions. The Recruiter with the name Dione was polite and helpful at certain moments. Although I was not invited for the in-person interview, the overall experience was very useful for my future employment search.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to handle irate customers? What communication techniques did you use?
      If your client found a HP printer for cheaper price at our competitor's shop, which steps would you take in order not to lose this customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day for a phone screening in March of 2016. Because they had set training dates and segments that didn't work for my schedule/needs, I didn't get to an in person interview for 10 months. My in person interview was in January 2017 and was offered the position a few days later. The interview is STAR heavy, and asks questions about your background. They also want to know why CDW and if you see yourself being with them for the long term.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a customer asked you about a product you knew nothing about. How did you handle that in order to get the sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then skype if you are out of state, it was pretty straightforward they are basically making sure you have a presence on the phone and then the second interview is more abotu your skills

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone conversation with inside recruiter; second was 1/1 with hiring manager; third was panel with 5 CDW folks made up of managers and directors. The panel interview was a waste of time. They had their decision made prior. Despite best efforts of qualifying CDW, I could have done more to better understand requirements and it didn't help that hiring manager was only 3 months into his new role. Nice people; good environment for entry level. If interviewing with them, ask them to share ALL requirements, then ask again.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

The interview process seemed pretty straight forward. they asked behavioral questions wanting you to answer using the STAR method. It was a two part process first interview was conducted after passing an personality test and was over the phone. the second interview was in the actual office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to act out side of your role?   1 Answer

Account Manager Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview was standard 30 min with a recruiter. She was very nice, asked the general work history and "tell me a time..." Questions.
    I was then called in for a series of 3 interviews back to back; slightly daunting. Similar questions in all three - repetitive but good to get to know the different layers of management.
    Showing personality & drive is key

Interview Questions

• How do you earn the trust of someone who is slow to trust?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online hour long personality test that touched on various scenarios and real time problems. Then a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview took about 30mins. It involves talking about various scenarios of your experience, and going through your resume with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a tough decision, and how you faced.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to take charge, and how it went.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Interview

One of the most disorganized unprofessional interviews I have ever been a part of. Started off by me doing an online application, followed by a short assessment test. Everything was well up to that point. After completing the assessment I was contacted by a recruiter based in Chicago I won't name. She scheduled a phone interview,l for a set date and time, and I rearranged my whole schedule and waited did not receive a call at that time. She finally emails me and reschedules long story short ultimately she had to reschedule on 4 different occasions! Unprofessional to say the least! When it finally came time for the phone interview I was no longer interested, if they are this unprofessional in the hiring process imagine working for the company, no thank you!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First step is a phone screen with a recruiter. This will take about an hour and go through all of the categories listed in "Interview Questions". If you make it past the phone screen, the next step, depending on what office you are applying for and where you currently live, will be a follow-up with the hiring manager (either in-person or via Skype). The managers still have to go through a lot of the same kinds of questions that the recruiter did, but they are mostly looking at your personality and whether or not you would be successful in a personable role.

Interview Questions

• Brief company history. Your understanding of the role you're applying for. Personal history/ skills. BEHAVIORAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS. Hypothetical situation questions.   1 Answer
    • "Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I took a personality assessment then had two phone interviews with a recruiter who was very nice and prepared me for my in person interview. I then had a in person interview and got offered the job a few hours after the interview