CDW Inside Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDW Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online on out campus website and several days later, I got a phone call. Then, we scheduled a time to have a phone interview the days after the phone call. The hiring manager was kind and nice. And they provide a lot of information for you to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for very specific answers, which added an extra dimension of difficulty to the interview. Trying to guess what they want to hear is not easy. Do your homework before you go in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer couldn't get their products in time?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was conducted by Dione it was positive. Asked me to tell her about myself, my sales background, and overall experience. I was also asked about my technical knowledge and whether I was able to come to the office which is located downtown Chicago every day Monday -Friday

Interview Questions

• Do you have Inside Sales experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview took approximately 40 minutes. Very Straight forward interview. Interviewer asks several behavior type questions. Not much dialog between interviewer and interviewee. Interviewer was right to the point. Did not show much enthusiasm. Overall fair interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical Behavioral questions using the STAR method to answer them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with possibly the best recruiter (Lynn S.) I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with. It felt like talking to my mom about what I've done at work for the last 5-10 years. Mostly behavioral based questions for the onsite interview. About a week later I had an offer letter in and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a challenging situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and passed 20 minute assessment test online. The very next day I was contacted by the Recruiter of CDW and we scheduled a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and included standard behavioral questions. The Recruiter with the name Dione was polite and helpful at certain moments. Although I was not invited for the in-person interview, the overall experience was very useful for my future employment search.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to handle irate customers? What communication techniques did you use?
      If your client found a HP printer for cheaper price at our competitor's shop, which steps would you take in order not to lose this customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter about an open position for sales. It was a weird process because the training class started in 7 days from when I was contacted, but he said that it was doable and I could get into the training class. Training class passed and I received an email from another recruiter about a phone screening. Set up and time and date, had the phone screening which took 40 minutes and was a waste of time. She only talked about the company and what the position was. We scheduled another phone screening later that week. I was prepared, researched the company, types of questions they would ask, and practiced. She was late for the phone interview and it was just awkward. When I was trying to answer the questions I was being talked over, and after answering there were long pauses. The whole process and experience was just weird.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Our sales training does start on specific dates. We share that information upfront with candidates to provide realistic expectations. I apologize the recruiter was late for ... More

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Eatontown, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a text message from a CDW recruiter after submitting my on-line application. A phone screen interview was then scheduled. The communication from CDW recruiter was prompt, friendly, and professional.

I was told during the phone interview that I would be invited on-site for an in-person interview, and to expect an email within a week, with a date/time for my interview with the hiring manager. Recruiter followed up as promised.

The CDW recruiter greeted me upon arrival for the in-person interview, and gave me a tour of the office prior to meeting the hiring manager. Again, professional, friendly, and welcoming.

I met with the hiring manager for over an hour. The hiring manager created a comfortable atmosphere so that I could be at my best during a stressful/nervous situation. Questions were a combination of STARS-type (scripted and non-scripted), and some highlights of my resume. All questions were relevant and the interview was encouraging.

I received a phone call the same day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

The interview process seemed pretty straight forward. they asked behavioral questions wanting you to answer using the STAR method. It was a two part process first interview was conducted after passing an personality test and was over the phone. the second interview was in the actual office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to act out side of your role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Interview

One of the most disorganized unprofessional interviews I have ever been a part of. Started off by me doing an online application, followed by a short assessment test. Everything was well up to that point. After completing the assessment I was contacted by a recruiter based in Chicago I won't name. She scheduled a phone interview,l for a set date and time, and I rearranged my whole schedule and waited did not receive a call at that time. She finally emails me and reschedules long story short ultimately she had to reschedule on 4 different occasions! Unprofessional to say the least! When it finally came time for the phone interview I was no longer interested, if they are this unprofessional in the hiring process imagine working for the company, no thank you!