CDW Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.5

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I had a friend currently working there and really sold it to me. He then sent me a 'refer a friend' email where I sent in my resume and took a pre-employment personality type test (to see if your choices and beliefs match the company's values). Next was a phone interview and face to face interview with a regional sales director and direct sales account manager

Interview Questions

• All very behavioral questions. For example "describe a time you yourself or a coworker made a mistake at work and what you did to resolve the issue for the customer?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward with recruiter in advance

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with the university recruiter. 30 minute interview that started out with the recruiter describing the job to me. She started out by asking me a couple behavioral the questions, then went into situational type questions specific to sales. interview ended with her describing to me where I would go after this interview and then told me how long it would take for the company to make a decision on if I would get a second interview or not.

Interview Questions

• If a competitor left you for another company for a cheaper product, what would you do to persuade them to stay with CDW?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

A very high spirited and positive recruiter contacted me a few days after I submitted my application. She gave me a detailed description about the position I applied for before asking if I would still be interested in a career at CDW. We scheduled for her to call back for a phone interview. I was given additional information about CDW to help me prep for the phone interview and then a face-to-face interview. I feel like the recruiter helped me a lot during my interview process and played a big role in increasing my confidence going into the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you'll have to face in sales?   Answer Question

CDW Response

May 24, 2016 – Senior Manager

We are proud our Talent Acquisition team created a positive experience for you. Thanks for sharing your feedback. Glad to have you on the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online via Indeed, took a brief personality assessment and was contacted by a recruiter via phone a few days later. After going over the initial description and compensation for the Account Manager position (ie: Vernon Hills vs Chicago, how I feel about inside sales & cold-calling, the base salary ($30k, non-negotiable, with uncapped commission after initial training period) scheduled a phone interview.

Phone interview asked about experiences and behavioral STAR method Q&A, not difficult to prep for, just have some good anecdotes on hand and be able to walk them through the specifics of how you handled a problem, and what the outcome was.

Had a panel interview a week later with the Sales Manager and the Training Manager--they were super friendly and were able to confidently ask and answer questions and led the interview in a professional manner. Gained more insight into the training process, which is classroom-based and supported with peer exercises, shadowing, feedback on calls, all seemed very supportive which I was looking forward to.

Ultimately declined due to low expected pay (would be 50% cut, even with commission, for the first few years). Had to wrestle with the decision though, and wished I could have accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond what the customer was looking for, and how this impacted the sale.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to break bad news to a client.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer wanted to go elsewhere for a better deal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a good interview, the hiring staff at CDW was amazing. They Ask the best questions to make sure youre a good fit for the company. Make sure you do your homework on CDW before you go in for the interview, that will help you a lot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked me a ton of behavior questions and other questions outside the normal scope of what I was used to so I was caught off guard, be prepared for anything. The lady was nice though overall and continued to make me feel comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to say a specific service of theirs that I particularly found interesting and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Very accommodating interview process. I was reached out to by recruiter after applying to job on university website. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, then Q & A with a top performing account manager. After both, in person interview with sales manager. Offered a job after follow up and is a perfect opportunity if you want to break into the technology sales force.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mainly followed by what if situations related to sales afterwards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview was fairly difficult, all situation based and she wanted you to be extremely specific. I had to explain myself multiple times when answering a single question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked toward a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I took an online assessment and sent in my resume. Then I had 2 phone interviews and a face-to-face interview. Overall the process was very smooth and I think they are mostly looking for someone who is hard working with a great personality. CDW is a great company to work for. Make sure you do your research on the company in advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you console a customer who believes the price is too high for a product?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Basic Behavioral based questions were asked. It was quite difficult because the Interviewer expected these questions to be answered in a specific way. I had a hard time getting my answers across as she continually interrupted me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to learn something new and how you learned it   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you worked in a team setting   Answer Question