CDW Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.5

256 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDW in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter from CDW found my found my resume on job site and asked if I was interested in a phone interview. First call was about 15 minutes long and we discussed the position. Next we set up a longer phone interview. This was 45 minutes long and consisted of behavioral questions and going over my resume. After this I was invited to the office for an in-person interview. Again, this was all behavioral based questions. Mostly they want to see you are energetic and goal-driven. The process was painless and the recruiters and managers were all easy-going and fun.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked towards a goal in the last year and what you did to reach that goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to convince someone something after their initial answer was no.   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical question about what you would do if a customer came to you after they had found a competitors printer at a cheaper price.   Answer Question

The position deals with a lot of cold-calling, which just wasn't for me.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through company website. Received a call to confirm interest. Set up phone interview. About an hour long interview. Stated that I would receive an email with the next steps if they decide to make a formal offer. Expecting that contact to occur within the next couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding selling a printer to someone that isn't interested and if they do become interested, they will buy from my competitor.   Answer Question

Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

3 interviews prior to offer. Recruiter, Supervisor/Manager, Panel of IT professionals. Recruiter interview was typical overview of the position and to answer any questions. Super/Mgr interview was more in-depth on the position requirements and answer any questions. Panel interview involved behavioral questions and lasted 60 minutes. Offer was made a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

CDW Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview. If that goes well, you will be called in by the recruiter to meet your potential hiring manager for a follow up interview. Study the STAR behavioral method before going into the interview, as the questions are formed in order to encourage candidate to give measurable results. It is a sales environment so tailor your responses to highlight persuasion capability.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where someone did not agree with you initially, and you changed their mind.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

My interview consisted of one phone interview and one in person interview with my hiring manager. The entire process was laid back. Typicality your to do two interviews with the hiring manager but i was offered the job on the spot. after that i was told that i would start the very next week training for my role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you over came objections from a customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. Was contacted by the HR department the following day. I interviewed with the hiring manager the following day and was hired. Extremely easy interview. Scenario based questions. Nothing hard at all. Just tell them your really competitive and you love money and you will probably get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a client call you and tell you they just found the printer that you sold them yesterday online at a lower price?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I met CDW recruiters at my university career fair, I then applied online and had a online assessment. After that I had two phone interviews which led to the final in person interview. The day before the in-person interview, I had a prep call with my recruiter. On the day of the interview I had an office tour and a in person interview. Before the interview started, the interviewer who I was assigned told me that he was in a rush and was going to cut the interview short. I have never felt so disrespected by a company as I had made it to the final step in the process and I had invested a significant amount of time into preparation for the interview and they had as well. It was a pleasure to deal with my recruiter but my interviewer made me feel rushed and it felt as if I was wasting my time with this company. I thought this was incredibly unprofessional of CDW to have given me a interviewer who did not want to be in the interview.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

May 5, 2016 – Senior Manager

We are sorry to hear your experience was unsatisfactory. Please know this does not reflect the pride CDW takes in establishing lasting relationships with our candidates. If you are willing to share... More

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

I was first sent a generic email telling me to call them if I was interested in the position. -If I applied I am obviously interested, why don't you have the decency to call me?-
    After the first phone call they again went over genetic information to confirm my expectations for the position. They then asked to schedule a second phone interview for approximately 45-60 minutes. The second phone call started out by going over the same information we covered
    in the first call. -Big waste of time- I then went over my resume and talked about how it related to the job. Next came the behavioral/situational interview questions.

Interview Questions

Very rude recruiter, constantly cut me off when I had answers, would change the original question when I was in the middle of answering it. The recruiter had no social skills, I felt very much that she didn't care if my personality would fit into the corporate culture at all. She just wanted to meet her quota and go through the motions.
    Overall a negative experience so much so that I finished the conversation not even wanting the position.
    If this is the norm for their employees, don't bother.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Applied online, which was followed by a phone call which basically asked when a good time to do a phone interview was. Following the phone interview, whether or not they like you they will ask you to come in and do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to convince someone something who did not agree with you to begin with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via CDW website and completed online assessment. Got a phone screen next morning and a phone interview the next day. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. Didn't get the in-office interview though. The recruiter was very nice. Most questions were "Tell me a time when..." types and about work history.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about CDW?
      2. Why would you want to work at CDW?
      3. Why would you want to work in sales?
      4. What was your biggest reason to leave the last position?
      5. Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill to solve a problem
      6. What was your biggest goal in the last 5 years? How did you achieve it?
      ...   Answer Question