CDW Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

CDW Interview Questions in Madison, WI

3.1

Technical Architect - Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI).

Interview

Round robin questions with panel of 6

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you implemented a solution and it failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None - I accepted with a great offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume online I was contacted by a recruiter to arrange for an initial interview over the phone. The recruiter held incredible knowledge about the company's history, benefits, work culture, etc. They were very prompt in getting back to me on questions and follow-up items.

The interview process was very intense. It lasted for a full two hours. every 45mins'sh they would rotate a new group of 2-3 people into the room to ask me question based on a script provided by HR. I took approximately 2-3 business days before I heard back on their decision.

After roughly 2 weeks of work I find the work environment to be very positive and uplifting compared to my previous work environment. The coworkers are more than willing to go out of their way to help one another.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take when a project is not on track.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate very hard. They offered me a matching salary to what I was currently making which is pretty "high" for our field.

Advanced Technology Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional, extremely engaging with CDW leadership. HR was very communicative and the process was as communicated. Overall, I was never left in the dark on where I stood in the process which was very appreciative.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your relationship to specific accounts.   1 Answer

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

They arranged flights, hotel, car - everything. Good experience. Group interview. They made me feel very comfortable. Showed me around the Madison, WI site.

Interview Questions

• Would I give up the NE Patriots and support the Packers or Bears?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, quick, painless - went back and forth twice over some points, then it was completed.

Associate Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI).

Interview

CDW did a great job of engaging and follow up From Pre-interview to post interview. Everyone I met with was well prepared and were able to keep the interview interesting, each addressing different needs of the company. Nothing was redundant.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was asking where I have failed in my career or personal life. It is difficult to tell anyone of a failure. Interviewer did a great job though of listing to how that failure was learned from and the steps implemented to avoid that failure in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was seamless. Initial offer was close to what I was expecting, CDW was able to accomadate two requests to make the offer more appealing.

Report Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

You are teamed up with a recruiting teammate. They will deal with most aspects of the hiring process. They set up the interview time, prep you for it, review with you after the interview and then if the manager wants you on the team, the recruiter will let you know and talk about the salary range.

I had a 3 hour interview with 6 people(2 at a time , an hour per set), and then an offsite meeting with the department manager (about an hour). Both where normal interviews of typical questions and answers. Everyone was nice and very polite.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of "give an example of a time when you BLANK" Those I find are the hardest questions and with so many, I found it hard to not want to repeat answers for things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called me back to let me know I was accepted for the position. He asked me what I was looking to make. It was back and forth a few numbers until we reached one that would work for both of us. Everything was done over the phone for salary negotiations. Still a very smooth process.

Engineer II Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went smooth although I was an internal applicant.

Negotiation

I was told by the recruiter that I should ask for one number. Management came back stating they wouldn't pay more than $10k less than what I had asked for. I told them I wouldn't do it for no less than $2500 more than their max offer and they accepted.

If given a position at CDW in engineering, ask for as much money as you can otherwise you will live your life broke while your friends with IT jobs start lower level positions $10k, $20k, or even $30k higher than you all while doing half as much work.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Madison, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

The scheduling part of my interview was a little clumsy. The HR person scheduled a time that didn't work for me before I had a chance to respond and tell her that time didn't work. I know she was having difficulty trying to coordinate all the CDW interviewers, but that should have been transparent to me. Once I arrived for the interview, everything went great. I was greeted by the hiring manager and taken to the interview room. I was offered a beverage and made to feel very comfortable, small talking with people while everyone arrived. We did introductions so I knew who everyone was and what their role is at the company and they got a little background on me. We then did a round table interview where each person asked a question and continued this for several rounds. The questions were both relevant and challenging. I was then given time to ask questions, which was very helpful for me.

Interview Questions

• From Paul Liesse - how would you calculate Earned Value using the Scrum Methodology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt like I could negotiate, but I wasn't sure who to negotiate with (HR or the hiring manager).