CDW Interview Questions in Mettawa, IL | Glassdoor

CDW Interview Questions in Mettawa, IL

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. they give you good prep for the phone interview & for the actual interview too. if you read the prep & prepare answers, you'll do fine. The recruiter explained everything in full detail to me about the job. the interview questions are behavior based. I had a phone interview on a Friday & an in person interview on the following Monday. Offer made on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

Phone interview and screening with simple interview questions, followed by a face to face interview with management that consists of more professional questions pertaining to a career in sales, why you would like to do sales, strengths, weakness, situational questions about times of adversity.call back if accepted and then drug screening before job is finalized

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who took some time to go over my expectations and get to know me. He then set up a phone interview with himself about a week later. At the conclusion of the phone interview, he requested to set up a face-to-face interview with a Hiring Manager, which I gladly accepted. On the date of my face-to-face interview, the recruiter met me at reception and spent a few minutes making sure I didn't have any questions or concerns before the interview, followed by a brief tour of the building and some of the benefits of working for CDW. After the tour, I sat down with the Hiring Manager for roughly an hour, during which he conducted a "behavioral" interview. It seemed like he was more interested in having a conversation and getting to know me and my personality than he was in reviewing my Resume, yet again. All in all, a very refreshing and seemingly effective process!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you went above and beyond the call of your job or performed a task that was not specifically expected of you.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

While it took a long time to get in to interview the interview process went smoothly and the hiring process after that wasquick. The interviewer was very friendly and to the point but helped me feel comfortable throughout the entire process.

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fair. The hiring manager and I went back and forth on a few points. I feel the hiring manager truly heard me and told me what they could and couldn't do and why. It was a win/win situation in the end.

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

After speaking with an HR representative on the phone and being asked many behavioral-type questions, I was then offered an interview at an office with a sales manager. I met with someone who showed me around the building first, and then prepared me for the interview by answering questions and giving me expectations for the interview. I then met with the manager, who was laid back and asked me more behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• The manager noticed I had changed professions and industries, so he asked me why I decided to leave the industry I was in for a job in sales.   1 Answer

Account Manager Small Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Interview

was referred by a friend who received a $50 bonus upon my completion of 30 days. i was called and briefly screened a week after submitting my resume, and asked to come in for an interview on the same call. i interviewed with a sales manager in a small interview room in the mettawa location. process was straight forward, and i was asked a short assortment of commonly asked questions regarding my skills, employment, and education. i received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• how does your education apply to your potential career in inside sales?   Answer Question

Account Manager Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview Process was handled perfectly. I was well informed regarding the process and kept up to date regarding follow up steps as well. Everyone was very professional but made me feel completely comfortable at the same time. From the beginning to the end, the transition of the interview process to becoming employed went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question for me was "how I go about handling a task with my team when we needed to by analytical"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Standard stuff. Tell me about your resume, a time you overcame a challenge, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

100+ cold calls a day for $25k a year? Uh, no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was ridiculously rushed. I was interviewed by phone and after a day I got a call back telling me that if I wanted to be considered for the job, I had to do an onsite interview within 4 days. (I got that call on a Wednesday night). I went to the interview got an offer a day later.

But then, I get told by the recruiter. "Oh, and if you want the job you have to start Monday." This was during a phone call on the Friday night before.

Right there I declined the offer. They have no sense of courtesy towards the people they interview and have no respect for people's time.

Interview Questions

• You have a customer that ordered a printer of a certain brand and model, but we don't have the printer in stock. What do you do in order to 1) not loose the sale 2) give the customer what he wants?   Answer Question

I was given a few days notice of a MANDATORY starting date. If I couldn't make their starting date, I wouldn't be hired. So I told NO.