CDW Interview Questions in Shelton, CT | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

There was an extensive phone interview with many different types of questions. They let me know about the company and asked me questions about myself as well. I was then interviewed in person with a similar style of questioning.

Interview Questions

• What was one scenario where you had to learn something new in order to complete a task?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a pleasant one. The recruiter had a lot of knowledge and experience working with the department I was interviewing with. She took the time to explain various details about the role and company, to me. She never once hesitated when I had follow-up questions or concerns about various items. My first interview was held via phone with the recruiter for about an hour - again, very worthwhile! My second interview was a two-part in-person interview at the site with both a manager and director. Combined, it took about 2 hours and there several questions thrown my way (see interview questions for examples). The recruiter looped back with me and I had my final interview with the VP of the applicable department (via phone) for about 20 minutes. Again, everyone provided great information and were able to answer any and every question I had. The entire process, with waiting time, took about 2 months however, I expected that given that I interviewed during the summer months (vacation time, time out of the office, etc...).

Interview Questions

• Examples: How would you handle conflict with a customer or coworker, should it arise? How would you get to know others on your team and in the office? Describe your experience with various MS Office applications. Tell me about your knowledge / experience with legal terms and contract review? What's the largest project you've handled? Tell me about a time something went wrong on a project / program and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Very thorough, did a great job trying to see how I fit in. They really wanted to challenge you with compelling questions, at the same time they spelled how what is expected along with what you will be rewarded with. Although, it was a little intimidating at first, the challenge is worth the rewards.

Interview Questions

• What if someone's price was better not matter what, how would you get them to still buy from you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offers from company, salary, benefits, perks.

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

Be prepared to have to answer behavioral and hypothetical questions. Things like describe a time you face objection, what happened, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome. Phone interview is set up mainly to screen people out. Then you are sent in for an in person interview.

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly smooth thanks to the help of a dedicated recruiter. Said recruited provided useful information prior to interview and was extremely communicative throughout the entire process.

K-12 Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Was approached by a manager who knew of me and my experience. We spoke on the phone and emailed a few times and then I was brought in for an interview. It was very casual and open interview. Asked about my experience, talked about the job and my ideas for it. Explained some of the projects coming up and benefits. They then made me an official offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Did I like being busy at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT).

Interview

The interview starts with a phone call from the CDW recruiter. If you pass that round, an in person interview is set up with your potential future manager. The interview is pretty standard and not too hard. CDWG usually has three hiring classes per year and the entire process can range from as short as a week to up to three weeks depending on how close you apply to the hiring deadline.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you found yourself in the leadership position of a group project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base pay is standard for all Account Managers.