CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL | Glassdoor

CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Phone interview, then one on one. Every one was nice. Very easy interview. Company seems to be good to work for. Overall experience was good. Wish I would have received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you correct it and learn from it going forward   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call to set up a phone interview. The day of the phone interview I did not get a call. They flaked on my interview. I was very disappointed and thought it was very rude.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Senior Manager

We're sorry to hear this was your experience with CDW. We take pride in our service delivery and would like the opportunity to address your concern. Please feel free to call me directly and I can... More

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a friend who worked at CDW said it was a great company and even gave me a referral. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was simple enough, basic questions on my strengths/weaknesses what I wanted to achieve for the future. A week later I was invited to an in-person interview with the Senior Manager of Customer Relations. The interview was pretty simple, fairly easy behavioral and experience questions. About another week after, I got a call from a second round interview, where they had me do a quick proficiency test on their claims system. overall a fairly easy process but in the end they went with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• Q: In your past work experience, how did you handle a particularly angry customer?   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen for 30 minutes. HR phone interview with hiring manager for 30 minutes. Called to headquarters to interview with three members of the corporate communications team, including the hiring manager. One interviewer received a call from one of her kids and she moved to turn off the phone, but the hiring manager urged her to take it, saying, "Remember--family before work." It wasn't a display on my behalf, since the mom obviously felt badly that she hadn't turned off her phone. I don't have dependents anymore, but made a solid impression on me. In fact, the entire team made an great case for success through collaboration.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to be when you grow up?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?

If you weren't in this field, what would you be doing?   1 Answer

Data Warehouse/Data Quality Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

First step: Over the phone with a recruiter within the agency as the initial round of screenings
    Second step: HireVue, virtual technical screening to get a general feel and level of response, highly recommend having as plain of a background to maintain focus on you, dress casual, well lit area, no audio or noise in the background, good light that flatters you, reliable internet connection
    Third step: In-person interview with the team, it'll be a mix bag between one on one, two on one which will either have one on conference or both dependent on schedule.

Interview Questions

• You have a hand full of flower, # many of [type], # many of [this type], # many of [that type], # many of [another type], how many of [type] do you have?   Answer Question

Team Lead Mailroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Co-worker services will call to schedule a phone interview and if your phone interview is good it will be submitted to the interview manager of the department that you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Situations given by the interviewer that you should answer to the best of your knowledge and some microsoft applications like word. spreadsheet, excel.   1 Answer

Program Manager, Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The process up to meeting with the hiring supervisor went pretty smoothly. An HR phone interview and then I met with the team in person, which also went well. When I showed up for the F2F meeting, the hiring director was in the wrong location (downtown while I was in the suburbs). Took a while to reschedule due to her schedule and when we finally met, it did not go well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would go about putting together a Marketing Strategy given that you've never worked in the industry?   Answer Question

Solutions Manager Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and five face to face meetings. Two with the hiring manager and three with members of the hiring manager's team. The people who I met with were professional. The work environment very energetic. The only challenge I had was that there seemed to be some confusion about the type of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• I don't think you have strong enough technical background to do this job. Am I correct? (This after I was told by the HR representative and the hiring manager that a technical background was not what the position required.)   Answer Question

Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was presented with an itinerary with meeting times for multiple members of the IT team. One of the engineers did not show up until the first phase was half over. Another engineers took half of the first phase checking and replying to e-mails on his Blackberry. His attention was obviously occupied by his Blackberry because he was oblivious to the fact that he was repeating questions. The second phase was with the manager of the engineering team. The manager was obviously very ill with some sort of cold or bronchitis and could barely speak but was very thorough in her questioning of technical, organizational, and behavioral aspects. During the third phase, the senior manager was very condescending and made it a point for me to know that I was wasting his time.

24 hours after the interview, I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Did you write this resume or did someone else write it for you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Very good interview. Easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you grew your previous organization's revenue?   Answer Question