CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL | Glassdoor

CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL

Updated May 11, 2017

Senior Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

CDW has a 3-step interview process for new hires. You start with an initial telephone interview that lasts about 30 minutes. Then if you move onto the next interview the hiring manager interviews with perhaps a supervisor. Lastly, a Senior leader and perhaps another supervisor or manager will also interview you.

Interview Questions

• Initial interview: Share one conflict you've had and how you resolved it.
      First in-person interview: Software I'm familiar with.
      Last in-person interview: Why CDW? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional and overall a positive experience. The recruiter was accommodating and helpful to assist me with making sure I received my necessary information required to interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one of my strengths?   1 Answer

Maintenance Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Called and scheduled. Came out to location for interview met with Manager. Discussed the expectations of the position. Manager let me know what type of person that they are looking for to fulfill that position. Asked questions about my past roles and how I would fit in the role. The manager took me on a tour and explained to the culture of CDW. Answered any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills for this role.   1 Answer

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Phone interview, then one on one. Every one was nice. Very easy interview. Company seems to be good to work for. Overall experience was good. Wish I would have received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you correct it and learn from it going forward   Answer Question

Applications Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The process started with an introductory phone call with an HR resource. Next there was a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an on-site interview and then a second on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview focused a lot on past experiences and situational questions.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call to set up a phone interview. The day of the phone interview I did not get a call. They flaked on my interview. I was very disappointed and thought it was very rude.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Senior Manager

We're sorry to hear this was your experience with CDW. We take pride in our service delivery and would like the opportunity to address your concern. Please feel free to call me directly and I can ... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

2 Meetings, one phone and one in person interview. Process was very quick and led to an offer. Ultimately, I got a good sense of what the job entailed and knew the needs before taking the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any particularly difficult questions.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Conducted two phone calls and then a panel interview with three members of the team. Being a new position, there was a lot of room to work in my experience. We discussed my background and what would be required in the first 90 days of employment with the company. Altogether, I was very impressed with the experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a job outside your preview that you took up?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with one of the manager and then site interview with 4 different manager. They asked technical question and team work questions. They were nice and polite all the time and I had a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• WPF and some software architectural question   1 Answer

PPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Applied online via CDW website. Phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with two managers. Final in person interview with department director. Offer came the following week. Overall smooth process, the recruiter was great about keeping in touch throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, position specific technical questions   Answer Question