CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Maintenance Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Called and scheduled. Came out to location for interview met with Manager. Discussed the expectations of the position. Manager let me know what type of person that they are looking for to fulfill that position. Asked questions about my past roles and how I would fit in the role. The manager took me on a tour and explained to the culture of CDW. Answered any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills for this role.   1 Answer

PPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Applied online via CDW website. Phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with two managers. Final in person interview with department director. Offer came the following week. Overall smooth process, the recruiter was great about keeping in touch throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, position specific technical questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Laid back relaxing but high sales conversation and in depth questions. Many questions about your drive, competitiveness, and your definition of success. They stress a lot on expectations and if you're ready to meet and go above and beyond.

Data Warehouse/Data Quality Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

First step: Over the phone with a recruiter within the agency as the initial round of screenings
    Second step: HireVue, virtual technical screening to get a general feel and level of response, highly recommend having as plain of a background to maintain focus on you, dress casual, well lit area, no audio or noise in the background, good light that flatters you, reliable internet connection
    Third step: In-person interview with the team, it'll be a mix bag between one on one, two on one which will either have one on conference or both dependent on schedule.

Interview Questions

• You have a hand full of flower, # many of [type], # many of [this type], # many of [that type], # many of [another type], how many of [type] do you have?   Answer Question

Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

when hired I had a double interview and a working interview. Where i was required to build install hardware components into a desktop.

Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was presented with an itinerary with meeting times for multiple members of the IT team. One of the engineers did not show up until the first phase was half over. Another engineers took half of the first phase checking and replying to e-mails on his Blackberry. His attention was obviously occupied by his Blackberry because he was oblivious to the fact that he was repeating questions. The second phase was with the manager of the engineering team. The manager was obviously very ill with some sort of cold or bronchitis and could barely speak but was very thorough in her questioning of technical, organizational, and behavioral aspects. During the third phase, the senior manager was very condescending and made it a point for me to know that I was wasting his time.

24 hours after the interview, I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Did you write this resume or did someone else write it for you?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

the interview is fairly easy. must have some sales and fitness experience. you talk with the assistant manager to review your background. They give you a tour of the gym and ask your skill set. wait on background check to come through. takes up to 2 weeks. is a plus if you have your certification.

Senior Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

CDW has a 3-step interview process for new hires. You start with an initial telephone interview that lasts about 30 minutes. Then if you move onto the next interview the hiring manager interviews with perhaps a supervisor. Lastly, a Senior leader and perhaps another supervisor or manager will also interview you.

Interview Questions

• Initial interview: Share one conflict you've had and how you resolved it.
      First in-person interview: Software I'm familiar with.
      Last in-person interview: Why CDW? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional and overall a positive experience. The recruiter was accommodating and helpful to assist me with making sure I received my necessary information required to interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one of my strengths?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

2 Meetings, one phone and one in person interview. Process was very quick and led to an offer. Ultimately, I got a good sense of what the job entailed and knew the needs before taking the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any particularly difficult questions.   1 Answer