CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL | Glassdoor

CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Very good interview. Easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you grew your previous organization's revenue?   Answer Question

Bid Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Environment was very friendly, CDW is definitely family oriented. They ask questions to help determine a persons personality. I would say CDW is probably one of my favorite interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Was referred by employee. Had a Phone interview, in-person interview with HR rep and sales manager. Hired on the spot which was refreshing. Manager was very nice but was slightly missleading on salary range. Overall pleasant interview process.

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a friend who worked at CDW said it was a great company and even gave me a referral. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was simple enough, basic questions on my strengths/weaknesses what I wanted to achieve for the future. A week later I was invited to an in-person interview with the Senior Manager of Customer Relations. The interview was pretty simple, fairly easy behavioral and experience questions. About another week after, I got a call from a second round interview, where they had me do a quick proficiency test on their claims system. overall a fairly easy process but in the end they went with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• Q: In your past work experience, how did you handle a particularly angry customer?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Met with with HR person and person I would work. Last interview with with CFO who I did not "click" with.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was a little long they could have had more group /panel folks versus individual interviews initially. After the lengthy interview process I was roped along only to find out that i had to inquire that the position was given to someone who was promoted from within. The common courtesy is to let your candidates know that the position was filled ....

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied on CDW's website, received a phone call the next day from CDW's recruiter. Consisted of a brief phone interview, basically screening me to see if I'd be a good fit for the position. Went into CDW the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and an associate. Was very laid back. Both parties seemed very nice and knew what they were looking for. Received a phone call two hours later extending an offer. Was honestly the quickest interview process I've ever been through. The recruiter even said that this was extremely fast and was very surprised how quickly it went.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to defend a decision you made?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to persuade someone to see things your way?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer so didn't feel it necessary to negotiate.

Solutions Manager Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and five face to face meetings. Two with the hiring manager and three with members of the hiring manager's team. The people who I met with were professional. The work environment very energetic. The only challenge I had was that there seemed to be some confusion about the type of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• I don't think you have strong enough technical background to do this job. Am I correct? (This after I was told by the HR representative and the hiring manager that a technical background was not what the position required.)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

it was a pleasant experience, the recuriter was great she told me everything that would happen next. I was very happy to get the offer letter.

Program Manager, Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The process up to meeting with the hiring supervisor went pretty smoothly. An HR phone interview and then I met with the team in person, which also went well. When I showed up for the F2F meeting, the hiring director was in the wrong location (downtown while I was in the suburbs). Took a while to reschedule due to her schedule and when we finally met, it did not go well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would go about putting together a Marketing Strategy given that you've never worked in the industry?   Answer Question