CEB Account Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Account Management Associate Interview Questions

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Heard from the recruiter a week or two after applying. Did a phone interview and then a Skype interview and had an offer within two weeks of my initial contact with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview, then a Skype interview, took a skills and intelligence test, and then was asked to send in an Accomplishment Record of my prior work achievements.

Interview Questions

• What excited you most about the role and the broader organization at CEB?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a $2,000 raise and a higher position than the general placement per my previous experience.

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed twice for CEB. At the first interview, I was asked mostly about my resume and the how those experiences impacted my professional development. I was also asked to explain both the company and position. A few days after the first interview, I received an email and phone call that I was offered a second round interview. For this interview, I first had to complete a personality survey and then answer three questions pertaining to my past work and leadership experience. In the second interview, I spoke with two CEB employees. The second interview was behavioral and required quite a bit of thinking on my feet.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were able to display competence or credibility?   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had the worst experience with the interview process or more specifically, my CEB recruiter. They first schedule a phone screen during which she sounded completely disengaged and quite frankly like she was scrolling through Instagram the entire time. I thought I had blown it but at the end she said she wanted to move forward and I would receive an assessment to complete via email. However, it took me two weeks and several calls and emails to get her to actually send it to me. She told me the results were instant but took another two weeks to get back to me regarding mine- again after I had to call and email her several times. At that point, she said she would like to schedule the final, face to face interview. Surprise, surprise, that email took her four business days to send.

CEB was my first choice and the first company I applied to when I began my job hunt. But due to the slow process I received a different offer before I could attend the final interview so I did not attend it. I kept thinking I was out of the running for the position due to the gaps in communication so I had to pursue other opportunities which I probably would not have done if there was better follow up. As someone who has been a recruiter for four years, I don't believe it is acceptable to ignore multiple calls and emails from a candidate. It does not take any time out of your day to respond to an email and tell the candidate you don't have news yet if that is the case.

Ironically, when I emailed her to tell her I was not attending the last interview she responded immediately adding to my suspicions she was blatantly ignoring me before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about recent business you obtained and how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of diversity in your current role.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with a client or account.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very normal interview process. Phone interview --> Personality Test --> In-office interview (virtual if you are applying from outside the area of HQ in VA). Because this is a sales job, every answer should be focused around a sales-type personality or strategy.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with workplace diversity and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very standard interview process. 15-minute phone screen followed by one-hour on-site followed by offer. Easy.
    My on-site was weird because there was one person in the actual SF office where I was and one person on speakerphone, but the questions were somewhat challenging behavioral interview questions. They want you to answer using SAR - Situation, Action, Result. For example: I was house-sitting and the house caught fire. I knew I was the only one who could save the puppy, so I grabbed the puppy, found the emergency exit, and safely exited with the puppy, being sure to call emergency services and utilize the fire extinguisher. The puppy has now grown into an adult dog and the owners are still very thankful for my assistance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a customer or client who was angry.   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB in August 2015.

Interview

I was briefed on the company and the details of the role, had opportunity to ask questions, and then asked behavioral questions. They didn't ask much about my professional background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed and what you did to improve   Answer Question
    • Diversity is a big thing at CEB. Explain a time where you did something out of your comfort zone and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in your next position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and given the contact information of a CEB recruiter. After emailing the recruiter we set up a time for a preliminary phone interview. The recruiter was friendly, helpful and genuinely made me even more excited about working for CEB after answering all of my questions. After the interview I took a behavioral test online, was asked to produce a writing sample answering a few more behavioral questions and interviewed with two managers from the San Francisco office. Overall the process was timely and professional. Although the interview questions were challenging both interviewers made me feel comfortable and excited about the job opportunity.

Make sure to have specific examples to answer each question. They do not have to be related directly to sales but should demonstrate your ability to use specific transferable skills (communication, time management, persuasion, teamwork, etc.)

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the three most important steps to take in order to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I was interviewed by two guys in the Sales Department. I didn't have much sales experience at the time, but they were able to provide me with some good guidance on the industry. I did not get a job offer, but I thought the interview went okay and was professionally done.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was frankly very shoddy. I have interviewed twice with CEB and both times they did a very poor job of explaining the roles and how they decide where to place you. You do not get to have informational interviews with current employees, so it is hard to know what the job will be like.

Interview Questions

• nothing really unexpected. Very much the behavioral CAR/STAR method   Answer Question

Negotiation

they gave me plenty of time to consider, very flexible on that. They offered me a position lower than what I interviewed for, but I wanted to come back to DC so I accepted.