CEB Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was done through my college's on campus recruiting. You submitted your resume and they would reach out to you for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, the first day was the behavioral interview and the second was the case. Although the people I talked to were nice, they said they would tell me if I had a next round within 3 weeks and I never heard back from them again. Thought this was pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Case interview about Cleveland symphony wanting to figure out why their ticket sales were down   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and knew someone who worked at the company. A few weeks to a couple months later I was contacted for a phone interview. There was a phone Interview then an in person interview. It was straightforward other than the ridiculous consulting questions asked at the in-person. (That's really all I have to say)

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous consulting questions like how many ants can you fit in a football stadium on a saturday.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online & got an email a week later asking for a 30 minute phone interview to discuss previous experience and suitability for the role and the firm at large. Friendly recruiter and asked standard questions. Why interested in this particular role - Why CEB - Take me through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why interested in this particular role - Why CEB - Take me through your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

One behavioral and one case interview- the behavioral was standard and no real trouble if you've been preparing for questions about your skillset, background, etc. I found the case to be a bit difficult, as it was really open ended and not a specific type of case interview as you read about in Case in Point.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question about marketing/developing/executing the sale of a new type of corrective contact lens   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly contacted a couple days later to set up a phone screen for that day. That interview quickly went over basic questions about my background and understanding of the position. Immediately afterwards I was e-mailed an invite for a phone interview the next day with the direct hiring manager.

That interview was more in-depth about the position and, specifically, my qualifications. I received an e-mail follow-up just minutes afterwards about coming in the next week to meet with the team. I was also e-mailed an online skills assessment while simultaneously scheduled for an in-person interview. I had the option of doing the assessment before or after the in-person interview.

The in-person interview involved a 45-minute phone interview at the office with a remote-based senior employee on team. After that was done, the hiring manager and a peer employee came into the room to interview me. I was asked questions about my current job as well as previous jobs included on my resume. I was also given the opportunity throughout the interview to ask questions.

Upon asking when I should expect to hear back, I was told HR would contact me about next steps. Unfortunately, I was told on two separate occasions that I would hear back by the end of the week, but two weeks elapsed from the time of my in-person interview to the time I learned I would not be receiving an offer. I received an unusually personable rejection e-mail which indicated I was a finalist, but that someone else was their first choice, hence the delay in getting back to me. They wanted to keep me around in case their number one rejected the offer.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview with the hiring manager I was asked how I sort my e-mails (since they get a lot of e-mails at work). I found that to be a rather odd question. I was also asked for my GPA from college but nothing further after I stated the number.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial telephonic interview, few smart tests you must clear, then more rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for a position online, and within a day or two, someone emailed me about scheduling a phone interview. In this first phone interview, the interviewer suggested I was overqualified for the position I applied for and instead suggested talking with another recruiter about a higher level position. That same day, I heard from the new recruiter and scheduled a phone interview for the other position.

After the 2nd phone interview, they set up in-person interviews with 4 individuals in one day across 2 different positions, to see what would be the best fit. The next morning, they offered me one of the positions. The recruiter got me really excited about the position and was great to work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a salary that was slightly more than expected, and I was still able to negotiate simply by mentioning my previous earnings.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2009.

Interview

It was very simple and efficient. I met with the team and we had formal 1:1 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process usually has 3-4 rounds with the first round being a more general HR interview. The second and third round are usually case based interviews. You will be provided with some time to gather your thoughts and provide a solution. Cases can range from 'declining profit' to guesstimates. The final round is from a senior stakeholder who will ask you in general about your ambitions, goals, expectations.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

2 interview rounds.. It seemed like they were passing time. Not at all interested in hiring. First interviewer came and asked hr questions. Said second would be technical.

Second one made me wait for 4 hours. He passed atleast 5 times from outside interview place. Asked hr questions again. Didn't asked me anything technical.