CEB Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process took about four weeks. It consisted of a phone screening, two brief phone interviews and then two in-person interviews. There is a test you'll have to complete, too. It's a battery style assessment that looks at your problem solving skills and personality. You will probably feel like you failed the test when in reality, you did just fine. Everyone involved in the interview process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to convince a senior level executive to change.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter. Brief screening interview with her, followed by a phone interview with CEB HR team. Final round interview was a video conference call over a web application called hirevue. Very straight forward interview, asked about work experience and then about 5 behavioral questions. Not overly difficult if you follow the CAR apporach.

Sales Executive - Large Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hour BI followed by a 1 hour live sales demonstration, role-playing presenting to a potential client on a subject commonly worked on by CEB. You get 30 minutes to prepare after being given a case study, and your job is to present to two people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straightforward - they are competitive and reasonable with regards to direct comp, and their benefits are very good. They took about 10 days after the interview to present it to me, and after some small back and forth I accepted.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Like a conversation, very natural. Very informative. The interviewers were easy to talk to and they had intelligent questions. Not the typical questions you always hear. Felt they were genuinely interested in me and my future, and were very upfront about helping me get to where I want to be.

Interview Questions

• Career trajectory - where do you want to be?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and then was flown to the Arlington office for an in-person interview a week after the phone interview. I met with two managers for 30 minutes each. The first was great but the second seemed like she was rushing through all of her questions. There were a lot of behavioral questions (probably 10) and discussion of my experience and resume. There were also questions about what kind of manager and team I would like to work with. They also had me answer two situational questions and proofread a document. Questions were a little more difficult then I had expected for an entry level position and were fired at me very quickly from the second manager. Was informed a week later I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for CEB and what would I bring to the company?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone screening with HR and was then invited to come in for a second round interview the following week. My interview was in the Arlington HQ where I had a one-on-one in-person interview and phone interview. It was a very organized and structured process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding resume, give an example of how you dealt with a situation where things did not go as planned, give an example of how you took leadership or initiative   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy not many questions asked. The entire process took about a month. I had 2 phone interviews one with the recruiter and one with the manager. If you pass that then they bring you in for an in person interview. You will interview with two or three people. HR doesn't get back to you right away.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I only got the initial phone interview which consisted of highlighting points on my resume and 3 behavioral type interview questions. The interviewer was a very nice woman. I did not get a second interview. I did not use glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• How are you able to interact with a diverse groups of people?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later for the 1st round phone interview. The phone interview consisted of classic behavioral questions. There were a lot of scenario based questions based upon your leadership, work ethic, work organization, and teamwork capabilities. The interviewer was pleasant, but she expressed at the end of the interview they were only looking for immediate hires at this time. When I applied, I had thought I had applied to a summer position. She told she enjoyed our conversation and wanted me to get back to her in 3 weeks. I followed up several times and got no response. While the interviewer was kind during the interview, it was rude not to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed, and walk me through the steps you took to recover.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an overall easy process. Ask simple questions such as who you were what school you go to. Also ask for personality type questions along with scenarios. The lady was very nice and engaging. It is important to know different aspects about the company as that is one of the questions they will ask. Also it is important to know why you want that certain position and why CEB would be a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Thought it was average.