CEB Business Development Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Business Development Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fairly easy and relaxed phone interview. Was told I was going to be getting an email with an activation link to an online assessment. Two days later, still do not have it. Email the recruiter, no answer. Next day, still don't have it, call the recruiter, no answer. One week later still no answers or follow up from the recruiter. Emailed again, was told they were looking into someone else's profile. If that were the case, then why would you tell me I was moving to the next step? Also, lack of response is so unprofessional and clearly indicative of how they run as an organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in November 2016.

Interview

Comprised of four steps: prior to first interview, had to complete a reasoning and personality assessments online; then, first round interview via video chat with a recruiter (all behavioral questions); then had to complete an "accomplishment record" (basically a written behavioral interview); then final round video chat with 2 more senior levels for about an hour (also all behavioral).

Make sure you really know your stuff about what CEB does, what the role entails, and why you're interested in CEB and sales.

Interview Questions

• LOTS of "tell me about a time..." all essentially focused on assessing your persuasion abilities, ability to learn new things / technology, working with others, creativity, etc.   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Many steps to the process. After applying, if they believe you may be a good fit they will send you an online evaluation. If the evaluation reports well (I assume) then they continue with setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule a face-to-face interview either in person or over Skype. I was close enough to the corporate office to attend an in-person interview. They provide you with some questions ahead of time so you can come prepared with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which you had to persuade someone of doing something they initially were against?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about changing someone's perception of a company? Give an example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on linkedin, contacted by recruiter via email for a phone screen. At the end of that, told me she wanted to schedule on site interview, so went and did a one hour interview at the location. So afterwards I went on site to interview at the minneapolis location.
    The interview questions were weird and tricky, and my interviewers were so rude, one of them even asked me why I rescheduled my interview, when it was for a family emergency... do not recommend. do not waste your time applying!
    The workplace looked so weird and groggy, quiet, and "business development associates" were in jeans and t-shirts (unprofessional.)

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were tricky and weird. Their company seems really messed up. I wouldnt work there, ever.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in July 2016.

Interview

Process was very standard. Sent in resume, took a couple of behavioral and reasoning tests, and had two rounds of interviews. Everyone was super friendly and helpful--definitely one of the most pleasant interviews I have ever had!

Interview Questions

• They will ask you questions about sales--this can be a bit difficult to answer if don't have previous sales experience.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had an in person interview with a recruiter on campus. It was about 30 minutes and was mainly behavioral questions. The next day I was invited to the second round interview which was a video interview with two managers. Before the interview I was required to take a very long behavioral test to see if my skill set matched the position. I also had to write an accomplishment record before the video interview. This required answering about 3 questions in essay form using examples from work experiences. The video interview lasted an hour and was very heavy on behavioral questions related to sales experience. If you don't have any selling experience it can be very difficult to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most challenging time that you needed to be innovative and quick at the same time. Describe the situation and your approach in detail. What was the result?
      Think of a decision you made where you were initially baffled on how to proceed. Describe the situation. How did you simplify the situation? What did you do to come to a decision? What was the result?
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Sent in my resume and cover letter through university
    One phone interview, mostly behavioral ~ 30 min
    One web interview with two HR members, also behavioral(tell me about a time you did) ~ 1 hour

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were out of your comfort zone and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB in April 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was a phone Interview. This was followed by a couple of online screening tests, which I feel I did not do well on. I have a feeling this is why I was not asked back to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview lasting 20-30 minutes (3 behavioral questions and some administrative questions such as salary expectation and preferred start date). The second round consisted of personality/verbal reasoning inventories completed online. Once results were processed, the final round was a 1 hour video conference with 2 hiring professionals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with people different from you? What was the result?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in March 2016.

Interview

Got a referral from a current employee, had to fill out a lengthy application and do a timed online behavioral assessment which was like a reading comprehension test and sort of stressful, received a phone interview, then received final Skype interview which was with 2 people. They let me know the next day that I received the position. Pretty lengthy process for an entry-level job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to consider the customer's values in order to sell to them   Answer Question