CEB Business Development Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.8

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair, and scheduled a quick 30 minute call. Went over my experience, and the job role to make sure it was a good fit. Received feedback, and then was sent to another recruiter for a longer behavioral interview, again by phone. The next step was an in person/video interview, but I didn't take that step.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Oxford, OH).

Interview

difficult to get phone interview set up. was ignored for about 2.5 weeks before finally getting it set up. it was frustrating to not know how they felt about me.

Interview Questions

• about diversity and how i have dealt with it in my life   Answer Question
    • how i handled a situation where someone didn’t agree with a recommendation i had   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB in June 2017.

Interview

Where do I begin...The first phone screening was HORRIBLE! I talked to Charlotte, and she didn't even seem to know ANYTHING about their company. She said they serve 100% of the top 100 companies and 90% of the top 50??? What does that mean! I ALWAYS do my research on companies before I apply to a position, however, like all people questions may arise. I had asked her what products the company actually sells because all I understood from my research is advisory and technology solutions. I wanted a more broader answer, and instead of giving me that information she had an attitude and asked me "did I not look at their website?" I didn't ask a question to be answered with another question. I was not trying to go back and forth with her. I simply wanted more knowledge, but just because of that initial interaction, I don't even want to be a part of a company who hires rude people, I don't even care for a second interview. CEB, your recruiters are your first line of defense, they are suppose to represent your company to the highest standard and be knowledgeable. Bottom line, train your recruiters better. By far, the worst experience with a recruiter I have ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and geared toward getting to know the candidate on a personal level, understanding their background and ultimate career aims. The interviewer really took the time to get in depth knowledge on me as a candidate and wanted to gain insight on why I had chosen to apply and what qualified me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that pertains to the Business Development Associate position for which you are applying?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR representative asking simple behavioral questions. Moved on and had a final round interview with two employees for the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone to do something that they were initially against?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had a plan that was set back and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fairly easy and relaxed phone interview. Was told I was going to be getting an email with an activation link to an online assessment. Two days later, still do not have it. Email the recruiter, no answer. Next day, still don't have it, call the recruiter, no answer. One week later still no answers or follow up from the recruiter. Emailed again, was told they were looking into someone else's profile. If that were the case, then why would you tell me I was moving to the next step? Also, lack of response is so unprofessional and clearly indicative of how they run as an organization.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in November 2016.

Interview

Comprised of four steps: prior to first interview, had to complete a reasoning and personality assessments online; then, first round interview via video chat with a recruiter (all behavioral questions); then had to complete an "accomplishment record" (basically a written behavioral interview); then final round video chat with 2 more senior levels for about an hour (also all behavioral).

Make sure you really know your stuff about what CEB does, what the role entails, and why you're interested in CEB and sales.

Interview Questions

• LOTS of "tell me about a time..." all essentially focused on assessing your persuasion abilities, ability to learn new things / technology, working with others, creativity, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very helpful. Everything was very transparent and strategic. I enjoyed meeting the recruiting team. I liked the process because everyone told them what it was and talent assessment. I like CEB.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Many steps to the process. After applying, if they believe you may be a good fit they will send you an online evaluation. If the evaluation reports well (I assume) then they continue with setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule a face-to-face interview either in person or over Skype. I was close enough to the corporate office to attend an in-person interview. They provide you with some questions ahead of time so you can come prepared with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which you had to persuade someone of doing something they initially were against?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about changing someone's perception of a company? Give an example.   Answer Question