CEB Business Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Business Development Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

1) phone screening - general personality questions about background and experience
2) assessments - knowledge and reasoning test, kind of difficult
3) 3 in-person interviews - Three 30 min interviews with management and whoever your boss will be

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and situational asking about previous experiences   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview that basically took care of the resume review process. It was with a fantastic recruiter who was diligent and asked a lot of great questions. Easy to engage with and ask questions back to.

Following up on this, the next round of interviews was an in-person, behavioral interview that asked a number of great questions about how you would act in certain situations (hypothetical) or how you have acted in certain situations (drawing on prior experiences)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you used your creative problem solving skills to get a successful outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Relatively quick interview process compared to other companies I applied to. I received an email/response within a week of applying, and the recruiting team was effective in setting me up for success with a different position than what i applied for.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). Major points were attention to detail, dealing with customer issues effectively, problem solving, and time management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate further. The offer was fair and above what I was offered at other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Asked about my background. Why sales? Difference between them and a typical consulting firm. Then I was asked to answer a series of behavioral interview questions and how I would respond to the questions. The recruiters were nice and however the feedback I got was generic we are moving on from you.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

1) Phone Screen (what are you interested in?, what makes you a good candidate?) 2) Computer test to see if your desired position matches your answers, and 3) behavioral interview (30 minutes and basic behavioral questions). All 3 components were easy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too alarming. I interviewed for sales, so they asked me on the spot to test out a sales pitch in front of them (more like a cold call script I would use).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what the position paid and the available sales incentive compensation.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process conducted by HR recruiter (Ms Regina Zang) was very professional and efficient. I had to complete an online personality and assessment test before being granted a live interview at the Singapore office (a very nice office in the CBD). HR was friendly, patient and understanding and willing to accommodate my schedule for the phone and live interviews. I met my direct supervisor and a senior director and was given the opportunity to speak with another associate to understand the day-to-day job scope in greater detail. I felt comfortable throughout the entire interview process and each staff provided sound advice and detailed insights on the role. CEB Singapore has a very positive vibe and it is obvious that your potential managers and colleagues are experienced and intelligent professionals. I declined the offer only because I found another role more suited for my skill sets but CEB appears to be an excellent company to work for.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CEB (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Video interview. It was weird speaking into the phone screen as it seems very impersonal. 8 questions were asked, mostly behavioural. In one of the questions, sub parts was generated, but no indication was made.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone screen with recruiter, one Competency Based Interview with two potential line managers and then another Competency Based Interview with two Sales Directors. You also have to take a verbal and numerical reasoning test and an OPQ.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

6 rounds including a psychometric test. A phone interview, a video interview, an psychometric test and three live interviews with various people. It was quick in response after each round and they asked questions that were not unexpected