CEB Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Sep 28, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty brief interview about my background. Was not to difficult, then had to do a personality test online. It was kind of odd questions and I felt like it should not have been a tool to measure an accurate candidate. It was your basic interview questions. Nothing hard.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruited followed by a phone interview with the recruiter to gauge potential fit that involved generic description of resume and previous work experience. Invited back about a week later for an onsite interview and video interview. Generally related to fit with CEB and how i could see myself fitting in. still awaiting back on response.

Interview Questions

• Previous situation where I had to correct an error
      Time where I wasn't as prepared as I would like and how I tried to fix that issue
      Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall, the process had its highs and lows. I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After an initial phone conversation, I was routed to a different recruiter that was representing a different position. I worked with the recruiter through a formal phone interview process, which was followed by an online assessment/personality profile.

After completing the first steps, I was scheduled for an in person meeting in CEB's Chicago office. Upon arrival, I was brought to a tiny 8x8 room with a table and a video phone. I was left there with an example PowerPoint slide deck to be reviewed for a mock sales presentation. After about 5 minutes, I was joined by my first interviewer.

The process was completely impersonal. My interviewer read questions directly off of his laptop computer (word for word). As I was answering the questions, he kept his head down and typed my responses into his computer. This process went on for an hour. I was left with virtually no time to ask any questions or interview my interviewer to see if CEB is the right fit for ME.

After completing the first hour, I was left for an hour to study a PowerPoint and take notes to formulate a "pitch." I participated in a simulated sales call with my 2nd reviewer. She was on a video phone from her office (in the same building). As if trying to get someone to learn material and formulate a proper sales presentation within an hour wasn't difficult enough, to make them sit through a video phone interview with someone in the same office was just odd. Normally I would have expected to present a familiar sales presentation (say something that I have already been selling), where my confidence and rhythm isn't thrown off by new material and a talking head on a video phone. After completing the sales presentation, I was once again left with virtually no time to ask questions to my interviewer.

The next day, I was told that I would have feedback on my interview and a decision within a week. After waiting patiently, I was forced to initiate contact with my recruiter. She informed me that I should hold tight because she hasn't been able to receive any feedback from the interviewers. After over 3 weeks, I sent my notification that I was no longer considering the position, and that I had accepted another offer.

The message from the interviewers and recruiter was that CEB practices what they preach. In the case of sales, they believe in the Challenger method - which asks the sales executive to challenge the prospect to help expose the need. In this case, I would challenge CEB to take a look at their over formalized recruitment process. The whole process was very off-putting, and ultimately led to my decision to look elsewhere. Understanding that prospective employees have options in the workforce and don't ultimately have to work for CEB would be a good start. Allowing the interviewee to explore and ask questions to determine if CEB is the right decision would be a vital part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were disappointed in a sales related experience. How did you recover/overcome this experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I went through an on campus interview and then a second round in the chicago office. Jen Bayer was great to work with through the process. She was always available to answer questions which made the whole process easier. The second round interview was with two of the office managers in chicago and they were incredibly friendly. I even managed to turn the interview into an informal conversation about tennis, my dancing skills and our favorite foods.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a typical sales interaction   1 Answer

Negotiation

They allowed me an additional month to consider other offers. I was also offered a raise 6 months before starting

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty grueling-- the managers will ask you detailed questions and expect you to respond with concise, spot on answers. You must be able to think on your feet. You are given some interview prep, but expect questions that aren't included. Be sure to address the questions in a concise, straight-forward manner without getting off-topic or flustered.

Interview Questions

• Look at the questions on the interview page, about half of those will be asked--and some you will not expect.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

A long process including several phone interviews followed by two onsite interviews. One interview was in DC and the second in Chicago. The second interview included a group interview and role play where I presented research to a fake business leader.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to look at CEB research and asked me to role play presenting it to a business leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Did two phone interviews and then an in person interview. Two phone interviews lasted around 30 minutes each, the in person lasted for about an hour and a half. The in person went very well and I was told to expect a call back within a week. I sent follow up emails to my interviewers thanking them, but never heard anything back. I emailed them, along with my HR contact, a week later but never heard a thing. Pretty rude honestly, I drove 3 hours for the interview and the night before they moved my interview from 3pm to 11am. Frankly I'm glad I didn't get the job but I was still peeved never hearing anything from them.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't difficult but they require you to really think in depth about past experiences, and have multiple takeaways from them.   Answer Question

Account Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I received an invitation for a phone screening the day after I submitted my application. The phone screening was very smooth; I was expecting behavior type questions but we discussed at length my resume and what opportunity I was looking for. The woman who interviewed me was great; she stressed that this is was as much me learning about them as it was them learning about me. It was a very natural conversation. It didn't feel forced like many other phone screenings can be. I'm currently waiting for a response to see if I advance to the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting a lot of behavior questions but we spoke at length about my resume and experience   Answer Question

Sales Associate, Middle Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked there. Recruiter was helpful, did a phone interview, then asked me to take an online assessment. This was two parts, one personality based, the other was aptitude (analyzing data, understanding what data means, graphs, logical order questions). Then I was handed a questionnaire of 4 behavioral questions to write my answer and submit before my in-person interview. This was tough, but they wanted writing samples and they told me I did very well. The in-person interview was very difficult and confusing. The first hour was an interview with a Director who asked me a number of behavioral questions, some similar to the ones I had already answered. He was very helpful, guided me through the process well, gave excellent feedback, and said I did very well. The recruiter informed me I did excellent on this part.

The second part was not such a great experience. They sat me in a room for an hour to review a "stack" of information, data they had run regarding a common problem in the HR industry. They also gave a situation sheet regarding the "sales situation" that I would be role-playing for. I was told before the interview that I would be demonstrating a sales process from start to finish. This is not what I was asked of in the interview. I interpreted the data just fine and was hoping to utilize my sales skills to "sell" or "pitch" the data as a solution for the "client". I met with a young, new sales manager, and then the sales director was over the phone. Rather than let me walk through a sales process, he broke it down into small sections, skipping parts of the process and instead asking me questions. The questions were confusing, jumped all over the sales process, from middle, to end, to beginning, to middle...it was very difficult to follow and I wasn't always clear on what he was asking. He had also interrupted one of my responses to his question saying "well what is it you sell, I don't know what it is you do." The situation sheet they provided me CLEARLY STATED "this individual you are selling to is familiar with your company and has used your services in the past." He then gave me a set of objections that I was to overcome. The "objections" he gave weren't objections, they were blow offs. It gave me the impression they weren't looking for sales professionals, but people who want to hound and annoy potential clients. I've done that before and I didn't feel that sales approach aligned with a consultative company like CEB, but I guess I may be wrong.

I'm a seasoned sales professional with a 7 year track record of success and have demonstrated my ability to deliver content to client and overcome objection. The evaluation process I was given did not effectively determine that and was pretty much a waste of my afternoon. I regret taking time off work to interview with them. When I left the interview I had decided I would not work for this company. They sent me a rejection email about 8 days later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions, asking for examples of how you've handled situations. Seem hard at first but if you practice by googling "behavioral interview questions" you'll find yourself very prepared.   1 Answer

Account Manager/Business Development Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, and just like every other review on here I was asked to come in for a face to face. The phone interview was a piece of cake and I'm not sure that anyone has done a phone interview with this company and not been asked to go in for a face to face. The face to face interview was all behavioral questions (6 of them) and seemed to me like kind of a joke. The two people interviewing me had only worked there for like 2 years and I am unsure how qualified they actually are to be interviewing. They did not have any meaningful follow up questions, I was dressed much more professionally than they were, and the entire process seemed too casual in general. After leaving the interview, which I thought I did very well, I immediately decided that whether I was offered a position or not, I was not going to work there. I would maybe suggest a place like this for someone coming right out of college, but if you have any experience at all my suggestion would be to look eslewhere.

Also, if you do interview here just google "behavioral interview questions" because that's definitely how they came up with their questions. You will definitely be prepared if you just do this.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions. Very standard behavioral questions. Literally google some and you will find the questions they have for you.   Answer Question