CEB Engagement Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Had an initial few calls with the internal recruiter (very nice), who asked for general questions, then a slightly more detailed interview to screen to see if I was a good fit.

Scheduled main interview - went into the CEB headquarters (great building) and interview with a few people, each a different type of interview. For all of them I was given an HBR article about a piece of the company's research (several days in advance), and for the first person I had to summarize the person mentioned in the article in one word (and explain why). For the second person I had to talk about how I would use the ideas from the article to persuade a C level exec. Third person was a standard behavioral interview where we talked about the role and the company.

Good process overall - took a little while but everyone was nice and helpful. Took the job, and am very happy at the company so far.

Interview Questions

• The piece around persuading the ceo was the toughest - I think its easy to slip into BS with those questions so the hard part is keeping it realistic while still doing a good job selling your ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate at all, which was pretty dumb. I was very excited for the offer and jumped on it too quickly.