CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online after finding the opportunity in TargetJobs. There were several stages:
    1. Phone screen (brief conversation about CEB and the role, more for HR to tell us about them), she immediately invited me to...
    2. Assessment day, which consisted of several talks from CEB employees, Q&A. The assessed portions were a 1-hour long competency-based interview (quite intense) and then pitches to all the managers on a random topic (mine was favourite band).
    3. Online test - you will usually do this before the assessment day, just personality based questions
    4. Phone call with offer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible. So robotic versus trying to actually know the person and their background & how it relates to the role. They did not provide tools when asked to help prep for meeting, managers were not prepared and seemed scattered. Mostly read from their laptops versus actually having a conversation.

Note to management - giving someone 45 minutes to prep for a presentation is not normal. Most organizations give the details for the presentation at least 24 hours in advance so the candidate can prep and really show how they would present versus being put on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to figure out what a client's concerns were without them telling you?   Answer Question

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

Since this was an internal interview, I did a brief in-person interview (in lieu of a phone screen) with an HR staffer assigned to the L&D department. After that, I was invited to a full day of interviews and a 30-minute mock content delivery session with a panel of prospective team members.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about about the learning and development function?
      What skills do you need to develop in order to fully contribute to the team?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an initial call with an HR recruiter, then a separate interview with them a few days later. I then was asked to complete a competency test and an accomplishment record with three behavioral questions. The final interview was with two current employees and consisted of a handful of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to sell a product that someone did not want. How did you do that? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Lead Qualifications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The Interview process took about 3 to 4 weeks. I applied through an employee referral and went through about 2 different phone calls with a recruiter. From there I had an in-person interview with two different individuals. From what I thought was an overall positive interview experience I received no word for about two weeks on the status of my interview. Overall, the recruiter was somewhat not helpful in regards to what my role was going to be. I also was very disappointed in how long it took the company to get back to me on my interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB in June 2017.

Interview

Where do I begin...The first phone screening was HORRIBLE! I talked to Charlotte, and she didn't even seem to know ANYTHING about their company. She said they serve 100% of the top 100 companies and 90% of the top 50??? What does that mean! I ALWAYS do my research on companies before I apply to a position, however, like all people questions may arise. I had asked her what products the company actually sells because all I understood from my research is advisory and technology solutions. I wanted a more broader answer, and instead of giving me that information she had an attitude and asked me "did I not look at their website?" I didn't ask a question to be answered with another question. I was not trying to go back and forth with her. I simply wanted more knowledge, but just because of that initial interaction, I don't even want to be a part of a company who hires rude people, I don't even care for a second interview. CEB, your recruiters are your first line of defense, they are suppose to represent your company to the highest standard and be knowledgeable. Bottom line, train your recruiters better. By far, the worst experience with a recruiter I have ever had.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

One phone interview, some online assessments (Hogan and Raven assessments), and a 3-part in-person interview. The interviews were standard behavioral interviews, an "intellectual curiosity exercise" discussing whether it was important to measure happiness in employees, and a quantitative exercise involving designing a statistical model and interpreting graphs. The last interview person didn't walk me out, so I was left to wander around the building and find my own way out, which was not only awkward but also probably unsafe for the company. Once I got the offer, there was also a background check using a truly incompetent and frustrating third-party vendor called HireRight. These days there is also a drug test.

Interview Questions

• To build a statistical model predicting how many medals the US would win at the Olympics.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had a quick 15 minute interview and it was pretty simple. Most of the questions were behavioral and some H.R questions. The interviewer was very nice. I did have to take a online personality test as well as a critical thinking test before I interviewed.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had one phone interview. The recruiter asked me two questions and then told me that the salary would only be $40,000 so the interview ended there. She was very nice and I was thankful that she was upfront about the pay so neither of us wasted anymore time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and geared toward getting to know the candidate on a personal level, understanding their background and ultimate career aims. The interviewer really took the time to get in depth knowledge on me as a candidate and wanted to gain insight on why I had chosen to apply and what qualified me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that pertains to the Business Development Associate position for which you are applying?   1 Answer