CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online after finding the opportunity in TargetJobs. There were several stages:
    1. Phone screen (brief conversation about CEB and the role, more for HR to tell us about them), she immediately invited me to...
    2. Assessment day, which consisted of several talks from CEB employees, Q&A. The assessed portions were a 1-hour long competency-based interview (quite intense) and then pitches to all the managers on a random topic (mine was favourite band).
    3. Online test - you will usually do this before the assessment day, just personality based questions
    4. Phone call with offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online after close of business, and was contacted by a recruiter by 1 pm the following day. Scheduled a phone interview, which was subsequently missed by the recruiter, and had to reschedule. Decent phone conversation and was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager. Never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with project management?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Online interview on Hirevue, pretty informal process. Wore business casual, just try to be yourself. There were mainly behavioral questions. The second round interview, which I have yet to have is supposedly more technical as to why you pick sales

Interview Questions

• Run me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Give specific examples of a time where you had to mediate a negotiation and a time where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The company is just like every other big company that cares very little about the people they interview. I had two great interviews with the company and then heard nothing back from them. I had to send a email just to have them reject me. When someone takes the time to interview somewhere it would be nice if they had the decency to reply instead of leaving you hanging.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through our on campus interview program and came in for back to back hour-long behavioral and case interviews. Both interviewers were great and helpful and seemed excited about talking to me. Received an offer about a week later.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fairly easy and relaxed phone interview. Was told I was going to be getting an email with an activation link to an online assessment. Two days later, still do not have it. Email the recruiter, no answer. Next day, still don't have it, call the recruiter, no answer. One week later still no answers or follow up from the recruiter. Emailed again, was told they were looking into someone else's profile. If that were the case, then why would you tell me I was moving to the next step? Also, lack of response is so unprofessional and clearly indicative of how they run as an organization.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter from their headquarters in Arlington, VA after applying online. After my phone interview with the recruiter, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview at their Minneapolis location. Following that interview, I had a third interview with a potential co-worker who worked remotely out of New York. All interviews were very basic and behavioral based. Nothing surprising. However, the whole process spanned over two months, which is way too long. After three interviews, I never heard back. Hours after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, I received an automated email stating that I was not selected. When I followed up to this automated email, I never received a response. When people invest a lot of their time into the interview process, the least a company could do is send a personal email or phone call.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in November 2016.

Interview

Comprised of four steps: prior to first interview, had to complete a reasoning and personality assessments online; then, first round interview via video chat with a recruiter (all behavioral questions); then had to complete an "accomplishment record" (basically a written behavioral interview); then final round video chat with 2 more senior levels for about an hour (also all behavioral).

Make sure you really know your stuff about what CEB does, what the role entails, and why you're interested in CEB and sales.

Interview Questions

• LOTS of "tell me about a time..." all essentially focused on assessing your persuasion abilities, ability to learn new things / technology, working with others, creativity, etc.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a hiring manager to undergo a phone interview. Phone Interview was very standard and included basic questions about experience and career plans. After the interview I was told I would receive an online personality assessment, which was never sent to me. Calls and emails to resend the assessment were never returned.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you used your unique expertise for a project?   1 Answer

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter asking me what times I would be available for a phone interview. I e-mailed her back the times and did not receive any reply. I followed up with her a week later, and she emailed back scheduling a phone interview on the Thursday of that week, which I confirmed. Come Thursday, I wait for the recruiter's phone call and don't get one. I was very confused so I emailed her asking about the situation. I didn't receive a reply, but two weeks later, I received an unexpected phone call from said recruiter telling me that "she is calling me for phone my interview." I have seriously never encountered a more incompetent recruiter in my life, and this experience has left on me a very bad impression of the company. I ended up accepting an offer at another company.

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and done fairly quickly. Applied late December then got an email from a recruiter who wished to set up a phone screening the next week. That took about 10 mins, where I was asked my salary and then she said she would get back to me. Then she set up an interview with the director and an analyst under him. Both lasted 30 mins each. Very informal, very nice. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume. Why do you want to work here. All behavioral questions   Answer Question