CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2018

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

They had 2 parts to the interview- an hour long behavioral part and an hour long case study. I talked casually with my interviewer for 10 minutes, then she asked 6 straightforward behavioral questions (they care a lot about how you would fit into the company so be prepared to talk about your experiences with other people, your leadership skills, etc) and then I asked questions for the last 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you and someone very different than you had to get along to achieve a higher goal? how did you deal with this problem and were you successful?   1 Answer

Community Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

There were many other people interviewing for the same position. It seems like they are constantly hiring for this position. The asked some very awkward questions that I was not prepared for -- i.e. What other jobs are you applying to. The job also seemed to be a gloried solicitor, which was masked very well.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was simple and was done via email and phone. It was convenient because I did not have a job at the moment so I was available for any time. The people in charge of this process were very kind and flexible. I really enjoyed the interview. It was fun and slightly challenging, luckily I was prepared for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks for an email and then it was followed by a phone interview. The person who I interview with was very pleasant, and answered all my questions regarding pay, vacation time, religious holiday etc. The questions that were asked were very general questions, for example, what would I contribute to the company, where do I see myself within the next 2 years.

Interview Questions

• what would I contribute to the company, where do I see myself within the next 2 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth professional inteview process. I especially liked the fact that the hiring manager was in touch with me through the hiring process anticipating the potential questions. Very friendly and attentitive attitude, which minimized your stress and lets you show your professinal skills at your best.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an initial call with an HR recruiter, then a separate interview with them a few days later. I then was asked to complete a competency test and an accomplishment record with three behavioral questions. The final interview was with two current employees and consisted of a handful of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to sell a product that someone did not want. How did you do that? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Entire process took 6+ weeks. After applying online, received email communication requesting phone screening interview w/HR rep. Was referred to another HR rep, who took 2+ weeks to coordinate a 2nd phone interview. 2+ weeks later, scheduled for 2 back-to-back 1:1 interviews. 2+ weeks after interview, received email that was no longer being considered for position.
    HR reps were very encouraging, staff were not. Instead of a "let's learn more about you and see if this is a good fit" feel, it was much more, "Why are you here".

Interview Questions

• We are considering expanding our overseas operations. Where should we go, and why.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

Phone screen

TOUGH online assessment

interview with 3 people live, each with their own set of questions.

offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nasty - they played hardball. I was ready to walk until they came through at the 11th hour with what I wanted. This was a small glimpse of what life was to be like at CEB.

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The people, office, and work culture of the Corporate Executive Board seemed all very positive. The interview process did take a long time and it took a while for them to get back with me after the interview. Unfortunately, I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you thought outside of the box in a previous position.   Answer Question

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position I was e-mailed to schedule a phone interview. That phone interview was postponed 2 weeks. After a successful phone interview, I was asked to take the online assessment, which was a patterns test (you cannot study in advance). Then I was asked to come in for 2 behavioral interviews and one case interview. The behavioral interviews were standard and the case was relatively easy compared to other consulting firms (no math!). Unfortunately, I was not given an offer.