CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.9

241 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB in June 2017.

Interview

Where do I begin...The first phone screening was HORRIBLE! I talked to Charlotte, and she didn't even seem to know ANYTHING about their company. She said they serve 100% of the top 100 companies and 90% of the top 50??? What does that mean! I ALWAYS do my research on companies before I apply to a position, however, like all people questions may arise. I had asked her what products the company actually sells because all I understood from my research is advisory and technology solutions. I wanted a more broader answer, and instead of giving me that information she had an attitude and asked me "did I not look at their website?" I didn't ask a question to be answered with another question. I was not trying to go back and forth with her. I simply wanted more knowledge, but just because of that initial interaction, I don't even want to be a part of a company who hires rude people, I don't even care for a second interview. CEB, your recruiters are your first line of defense, they are suppose to represent your company to the highest standard and be knowledgeable. Bottom line, train your recruiters better. By far, the worst experience with a recruiter I have ever had.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had a quick 15 minute interview and it was pretty simple. Most of the questions were behavioral and some H.R questions. The interviewer was very nice. I did have to take a online personality test as well as a critical thinking test before I interviewed.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had one phone interview. The recruiter asked me two questions and then told me that the salary would only be $40,000 so the interview ended there. She was very nice and I was thankful that she was upfront about the pay so neither of us wasted anymore time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Quantitative Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB in May 2017.

Interview

I'm not gonna drop name here but be aware that you may need to put up with the same recruiter if you are applying for the same role. This has to be the most unprofessional recruiter I've ever dealt with. I first applied to the position in April. Got an email from this recruiter to set up a phone interview. So we talked on the phone. Then I followed up but have never heard back from her again. No big deal. I moved on. A month later, I got another email from a HR coordinator at CEB saying a recruiter wants to talk with me about the exact same position. And I look at the name of the recruiter, guess what, it's the same person I talked with before. Curious about what all this is about, I got on the call with her a second time. She obviously didn't remember she interviewed me before and asked me pretty much the same questions. I didn't want to embarrass her on the call so I didn't point out that we already talked before. After the phone call, guess what, I followed up and still haven't heard back from her to this point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a team setting and how you led the team as well as how you dealt with disagreement among team members.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR representative asking simple behavioral questions. Moved on and had a final round interview with two employees for the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone to do something that they were initially against?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had a plan that was set back and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online after close of business, and was contacted by a recruiter by 1 pm the following day. Scheduled a phone interview, which was subsequently missed by the recruiter, and had to reschedule. Decent phone conversation and was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager. Never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with project management?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The company is just like every other big company that cares very little about the people they interview. I had two great interviews with the company and then heard nothing back from them. I had to send a email just to have them reject me. When someone takes the time to interview somewhere it would be nice if they had the decency to reply instead of leaving you hanging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fairly easy and relaxed phone interview. Was told I was going to be getting an email with an activation link to an online assessment. Two days later, still do not have it. Email the recruiter, no answer. Next day, still don't have it, call the recruiter, no answer. One week later still no answers or follow up from the recruiter. Emailed again, was told they were looking into someone else's profile. If that were the case, then why would you tell me I was moving to the next step? Also, lack of response is so unprofessional and clearly indicative of how they run as an organization.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter from their headquarters in Arlington, VA after applying online. After my phone interview with the recruiter, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview at their Minneapolis location. Following that interview, I had a third interview with a potential co-worker who worked remotely out of New York. All interviews were very basic and behavioral based. Nothing surprising. However, the whole process spanned over two months, which is way too long. After three interviews, I never heard back. Hours after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, I received an automated email stating that I was not selected. When I followed up to this automated email, I never received a response. When people invest a lot of their time into the interview process, the least a company could do is send a personal email or phone call.