CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

495 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online after finding the opportunity in TargetJobs. There were several stages:
    1. Phone screen (brief conversation about CEB and the role, more for HR to tell us about them), she immediately invited me to...
    2. Assessment day, which consisted of several talks from CEB employees, Q&A. The assessed portions were a 1-hour long competency-based interview (quite intense) and then pitches to all the managers on a random topic (mine was favourite band).
    3. Online test - you will usually do this before the assessment day, just personality based questions
    4. Phone call with offer

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

One phone interview, some online assessments (Hogan and Raven assessments), and a 3-part in-person interview. The interviews were standard behavioral interviews, an "intellectual curiosity exercise" discussing whether it was important to measure happiness in employees, and a quantitative exercise involving designing a statistical model and interpreting graphs. The last interview person didn't walk me out, so I was left to wander around the building and find my own way out, which was not only awkward but also probably unsafe for the company. Once I got the offer, there was also a background check using a truly incompetent and frustrating third-party vendor called HireRight. These days there is also a drug test.

Interview Questions

• To build a statistical model predicting how many medals the US would win at the Olympics.   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB in June 2017.

Interview

Where do I begin...The first phone screening was HORRIBLE! I talked to Charlotte, and she didn't even seem to know ANYTHING about their company. She said they serve 100% of the top 100 companies and 90% of the top 50??? What does that mean! I ALWAYS do my research on companies before I apply to a position, however, like all people questions may arise. I had asked her what products the company actually sells because all I understood from my research is advisory and technology solutions. I wanted a more broader answer, and instead of giving me that information she had an attitude and asked me "did I not look at their website?" I didn't ask a question to be answered with another question. I was not trying to go back and forth with her. I simply wanted more knowledge, but just because of that initial interaction, I don't even want to be a part of a company who hires rude people, I don't even care for a second interview. CEB, your recruiters are your first line of defense, they are suppose to represent your company to the highest standard and be knowledgeable. Bottom line, train your recruiters better. By far, the worst experience with a recruiter I have ever had.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had a quick 15 minute interview and it was pretty simple. Most of the questions were behavioral and some H.R questions. The interviewer was very nice. I did have to take a online personality test as well as a critical thinking test before I interviewed.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had one phone interview. The recruiter asked me two questions and then told me that the salary would only be $40,000 so the interview ended there. She was very nice and I was thankful that she was upfront about the pay so neither of us wasted anymore time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and geared toward getting to know the candidate on a personal level, understanding their background and ultimate career aims. The interviewer really took the time to get in depth knowledge on me as a candidate and wanted to gain insight on why I had chosen to apply and what qualified me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that pertains to the Business Development Associate position for which you are applying?   1 Answer

Quantitative Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB in May 2017.

Interview

I'm not gonna drop name here but be aware that you may need to put up with the same recruiter if you are applying for the same role. This has to be the most unprofessional recruiter I've ever dealt with. I first applied to the position in April. Got an email from this recruiter to set up a phone interview. So we talked on the phone. Then I followed up but have never heard back from her again. No big deal. I moved on. A month later, I got another email from a HR coordinator at CEB saying a recruiter wants to talk with me about the exact same position. And I look at the name of the recruiter, guess what, it's the same person I talked with before. Curious about what all this is about, I got on the call with her a second time. She obviously didn't remember she interviewed me before and asked me pretty much the same questions. I didn't want to embarrass her on the call so I didn't point out that we already talked before. After the phone call, guess what, I followed up and still haven't heard back from her to this point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a team setting and how you led the team as well as how you dealt with disagreement among team members.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR representative asking simple behavioral questions. Moved on and had a final round interview with two employees for the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone to do something that they were initially against?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had a plan that was set back and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

You are required to fill out a few different personality assessments before your first interview. They use these assessments to figure out how well you will fit in to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a person with a diverse background and how did you handle the relationship?   Answer Question

Executive Advsior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a pretest and then a 2 hour interview based on some pre-reviewed material. During the first hour, the requirement was to give a brief to a senior member of a company and then answer personal questions. The second hour was more personal experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an occasion when you had to convince a senior leader to do something.   Answer Question