CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online after finding the opportunity in TargetJobs. There were several stages:
    1. Phone screen (brief conversation about CEB and the role, more for HR to tell us about them), she immediately invited me to...
    2. Assessment day, which consisted of several talks from CEB employees, Q&A. The assessed portions were a 1-hour long competency-based interview (quite intense) and then pitches to all the managers on a random topic (mine was favourite band).
    3. Online test - you will usually do this before the assessment day, just personality based questions
    4. Phone call with offer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had a quick 15 minute interview and it was pretty simple. Most of the questions were behavioral and some H.R questions. The interviewer was very nice. I did have to take a online personality test as well as a critical thinking test before I interviewed.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had one phone interview. The recruiter asked me two questions and then told me that the salary would only be $40,000 so the interview ended there. She was very nice and I was thankful that she was upfront about the pay so neither of us wasted anymore time.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and geared toward getting to know the candidate on a personal level, understanding their background and ultimate career aims. The interviewer really took the time to get in depth knowledge on me as a candidate and wanted to gain insight on why I had chosen to apply and what qualified me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that pertains to the Business Development Associate position for which you are applying?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

You are required to fill out a few different personality assessments before your first interview. They use these assessments to figure out how well you will fit in to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a person with a diverse background and how did you handle the relationship?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I interviewed separately with 2 CEB employees. One interview revolved around a case, and the other interview was about personality and fit. I also completed a character/knowledge assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you were consulting on x case, how would you solve x problem? (after detailing a case)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online after close of business, and was contacted by a recruiter by 1 pm the following day. Scheduled a phone interview, which was subsequently missed by the recruiter, and had to reschedule. Decent phone conversation and was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager. Never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with project management?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Online interview on Hirevue, pretty informal process. Wore business casual, just try to be yourself. There were mainly behavioral questions. The second round interview, which I have yet to have is supposedly more technical as to why you pick sales

Interview Questions

• Run me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Give specific examples of a time where you had to mediate a negotiation and a time where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The Process was very long. I applied when the application opened in Dec. 2016. I waited until Feb 2017 and was asked for the first 30 minute phone interview. From there I was asked to take two online assessments. The first was a personality/ how I work portion and the second was a literary comprehension test. I waited about a week and was contacted again for the final interview that would be with 2 hiring managers and last 1 hour. Before that interview I had to finish an accomplishment record to prepare me. Very long process but I appreciate it because CEB can be confident in the people that they hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to negotiate
      Tell us about a time where you were able to build your credibility
      Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The company is just like every other big company that cares very little about the people they interview. I had two great interviews with the company and then heard nothing back from them. I had to send a email just to have them reject me. When someone takes the time to interview somewhere it would be nice if they had the decency to reply instead of leaving you hanging.