CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online after finding the opportunity in TargetJobs. There were several stages:
    1. Phone screen (brief conversation about CEB and the role, more for HR to tell us about them), she immediately invited me to...
    2. Assessment day, which consisted of several talks from CEB employees, Q&A. The assessed portions were a 1-hour long competency-based interview (quite intense) and then pitches to all the managers on a random topic (mine was favourite band).
    3. Online test - you will usually do this before the assessment day, just personality based questions
    4. Phone call with offer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, intense and mind numbing. Phone screening looking for specific traits that a sales oriented. Led first by recruiter that is typically very junior...then by sales leaders who are simply looking for motivation.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem being managed by a woman?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a very long time ago on a saturday afternoon because things were so busy with selilng the memberships to members but there were several interviews in a row

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

I believe that they had no gameplan for the interview since they were asking very deep technical questions in .net for the architect interview. These may be required if it is a product development company developing cutting edge products but from a captive stand point, it did not really make sense to have a 3 hour technical interview on almost areas in .net. For example they wanted to know how the browser creates a request to the ISAPI dll when it gets a request for a aspx page - sigh !

Interview Questions

• How would you implement an algorithm of a queue using 2 stacks ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very disorganized. They contacted me the week after i applied and asked for a phone interview. The interview was long and complicated. They asked behavioral questions that were difficult to answer. I never heard back from them after the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work through a negative group experience   Answer Question

Bureau Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Norwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (West Norwood, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I began by sending my CV through Reed and received an email a few days later inviting me to complete an online assessment. It was simple really and I got an email saying I has passed the same day. I set up a date and time to have a telephone interviews with the recruiter via email. She called me and was really pleasant to speak with and I got the impression that she understood where I was coming from. I passed the telephone interview and was invited to a competency based interview at the office. I arrived there and everything just didn't seem right to me. The receptionists weren't friendly at all. It was just like standard procedure to them dealing with me and carried on their loud conversation. All but one of the workers didn't smile with me. It's like they were robots and didn't want to be there. I was finally called up to the interview rooms by one of the male managers who was really nice but the other manager look uninterested. She didn't smile and she was looking out the window when I walked into the room. All of this negative energy I picked up didn't make the interview any easier. The main manager was looking at her nails, was hardly giving me eye contact and at one point I saw her rolling her eyes at her colleague while I was talking. I stumbled on nearly all my answers and just felt stupid for even being there. A few days later I received a call telling me what I already knew so it was no surprise. All in all not a good experience at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with technology?   1 Answer

Sales Associate, Middle Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked there. Recruiter was helpful, did a phone interview, then asked me to take an online assessment. This was two parts, one personality based, the other was aptitude (analyzing data, understanding what data means, graphs, logical order questions). Then I was handed a questionnaire of 4 behavioral questions to write my answer and submit before my in-person interview. This was tough, but they wanted writing samples and they told me I did very well. The in-person interview was very difficult and confusing. The first hour was an interview with a Director who asked me a number of behavioral questions, some similar to the ones I had already answered. He was very helpful, guided me through the process well, gave excellent feedback, and said I did very well. The recruiter informed me I did excellent on this part.

The second part was not such a great experience. They sat me in a room for an hour to review a "stack" of information, data they had run regarding a common problem in the HR industry. They also gave a situation sheet regarding the "sales situation" that I would be role-playing for. I was told before the interview that I would be demonstrating a sales process from start to finish. This is not what I was asked of in the interview. I interpreted the data just fine and was hoping to utilize my sales skills to "sell" or "pitch" the data as a solution for the "client". I met with a young, new sales manager, and then the sales director was over the phone. Rather than let me walk through a sales process, he broke it down into small sections, skipping parts of the process and instead asking me questions. The questions were confusing, jumped all over the sales process, from middle, to end, to beginning, to middle...it was very difficult to follow and I wasn't always clear on what he was asking. He had also interrupted one of my responses to his question saying "well what is it you sell, I don't know what it is you do." The situation sheet they provided me CLEARLY STATED "this individual you are selling to is familiar with your company and has used your services in the past." He then gave me a set of objections that I was to overcome. The "objections" he gave weren't objections, they were blow offs. It gave me the impression they weren't looking for sales professionals, but people who want to hound and annoy potential clients. I've done that before and I didn't feel that sales approach aligned with a consultative company like CEB, but I guess I may be wrong.

I'm a seasoned sales professional with a 7 year track record of success and have demonstrated my ability to deliver content to client and overcome objection. The evaluation process I was given did not effectively determine that and was pretty much a waste of my afternoon. I regret taking time off work to interview with them. When I left the interview I had decided I would not work for this company. They sent me a rejection email about 8 days later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions, asking for examples of how you've handled situations. Seem hard at first but if you practice by googling "behavioral interview questions" you'll find yourself very prepared.   1 Answer

Talent Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thames Ditton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Thames Ditton, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Psychometric tests and Ability tests after CV and personal letter screening. Followed by assessment centre that consisted of 2 interviews, verification tests + an additional numerical test. One interview was less formal with the department director, followed by a 1 hour competency based interview.

Interview Questions

• Negative questions, asking for times when you have felt the need to cut corners.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB in April 2010.

Interview

What an enormous waste of time. Interviewed first with HR. Two weeks or so later was sent a writing evaluation to complete. Second interview with Research Manager, which went very, very well. 2 weeks later get a message from HR to schedule final interview with senior associates "ASAP" and "tomorrow if possible." I called back, left a message, and did not hear back, so I called again to follow-up. Spoke to HR, who took TEN DAYS to schedule another interview. Had two interviews with three different people, none of who had been in the division very long, and all of who seemed to be reading down a list of interview questions and paying absolutely no attention to what I said. I knew it was not going well and tried to steer the direction of the interview several times, but to no avail.

Got a form rejection email two weeks later.

What a ridiculous process.

Interview Questions

• Vague questions about research experience,   1 Answer

Executive Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEB in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn as a passive candidate by a recruiter and had a positive conversation about the position itself. It sounded interesting and I was interested in learning more. I was then instructed to apply online, which I did after a full work day at my current, well-paying job. After applying online, before even speaking to a hiring manager or having an in-person interview, I had to take a weird competency exam that didn't align with the job description at all and one of those awful, bogus personality tests. This is lazy recruiting and tells you a lot about a company's culture when the leadership makes hiring decisions based upon computerized testing before even meeting a human being.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handled a difficult client situation.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The Process was very long. I applied when the application opened in Dec. 2016. I waited until Feb 2017 and was asked for the first 30 minute phone interview. From there I was asked to take two online assessments. The first was a personality/ how I work portion and the second was a literary comprehension test. I waited about a week and was contacted again for the final interview that would be with 2 hiring managers and last 1 hour. Before that interview I had to finish an accomplishment record to prepare me. Very long process but I appreciate it because CEB can be confident in the people that they hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to negotiate
      Tell us about a time where you were able to build your credibility   Answer Question