CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online after finding the opportunity in TargetJobs. There were several stages:
    1. Phone screen (brief conversation about CEB and the role, more for HR to tell us about them), she immediately invited me to...
    2. Assessment day, which consisted of several talks from CEB employees, Q&A. The assessed portions were a 1-hour long competency-based interview (quite intense) and then pitches to all the managers on a random topic (mine was favourite band).
    3. Online test - you will usually do this before the assessment day, just personality based questions
    4. Phone call with offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

It started with telephone interview, followed by online assessments. There are 2 rounds of face-to-face interviews in total. First round was with the line manager, second round was with the department head.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the most challenging projects that you managed.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and geared toward getting to know the candidate on a personal level, understanding their background and ultimate career aims. The interviewer really took the time to get in depth knowledge on me as a candidate and wanted to gain insight on why I had chosen to apply and what qualified me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that pertains to the Business Development Associate position for which you are applying?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy phone interview, was asked to set up next round interview at the end of the phone call. Received follow up email quickly after first phone call. They were flexible with my location and offered the final round of interview virtually.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

You are required to fill out a few different personality assessments before your first interview. They use these assessments to figure out how well you will fit in to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a person with a diverse background and how did you handle the relationship?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, intense and mind numbing. Phone screening looking for specific traits that a sales oriented. Led first by recruiter that is typically very junior...then by sales leaders who are simply looking for motivation.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem being managed by a woman?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Executive Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEB in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn as a passive candidate by a recruiter and had a positive conversation about the position itself. It sounded interesting and I was interested in learning more. I was then instructed to apply online, which I did after a full work day at my current, well-paying job. After applying online, before even speaking to a hiring manager or having an in-person interview, I had to take a weird competency exam that didn't align with the job description at all and one of those awful, bogus personality tests. This is lazy recruiting and tells you a lot about a company's culture when the leadership makes hiring decisions based upon computerized testing before even meeting a human being.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handled a difficult client situation.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had a quick 15 minute interview and it was pretty simple. Most of the questions were behavioral and some H.R questions. The interviewer was very nice. I did have to take a online personality test as well as a critical thinking test before I interviewed.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two individuals who did most of the talking the entire time. It seemed unorganized. I was asked about experiences and if I knew certain applications. Basically informal interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in customer service   1 Answer

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Heard from the recruiter a week or two after applying. Did a phone interview and then a Skype interview and had an offer within two weeks of my initial contact with the recruiter.