CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I interviewed separately with 2 CEB employees. One interview revolved around a case, and the other interview was about personality and fit. I also completed a character/knowledge assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you were consulting on x case, how would you solve x problem? (after detailing a case)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online after close of business, and was contacted by a recruiter by 1 pm the following day. Scheduled a phone interview, which was subsequently missed by the recruiter, and had to reschedule. Decent phone conversation and was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager. Never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with project management?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Online interview on Hirevue, pretty informal process. Wore business casual, just try to be yourself. There were mainly behavioral questions. The second round interview, which I have yet to have is supposedly more technical as to why you pick sales

Interview Questions

• Run me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Give specific examples of a time where you had to mediate a negotiation and a time where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The Process was very long. I applied when the application opened in Dec. 2016. I waited until Feb 2017 and was asked for the first 30 minute phone interview. From there I was asked to take two online assessments. The first was a personality/ how I work portion and the second was a literary comprehension test. I waited about a week and was contacted again for the final interview that would be with 2 hiring managers and last 1 hour. Before that interview I had to finish an accomplishment record to prepare me. Very long process but I appreciate it because CEB can be confident in the people that they hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to negotiate
      Tell us about a time where you were able to build your credibility   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The company is just like every other big company that cares very little about the people they interview. I had two great interviews with the company and then heard nothing back from them. I had to send a email just to have them reject me. When someone takes the time to interview somewhere it would be nice if they had the decency to reply instead of leaving you hanging.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fairly easy and relaxed phone interview. Was told I was going to be getting an email with an activation link to an online assessment. Two days later, still do not have it. Email the recruiter, no answer. Next day, still don't have it, call the recruiter, no answer. One week later still no answers or follow up from the recruiter. Emailed again, was told they were looking into someone else's profile. If that were the case, then why would you tell me I was moving to the next step? Also, lack of response is so unprofessional and clearly indicative of how they run as an organization.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through our on campus interview program and came in for back to back hour-long behavioral and case interviews. Both interviewers were great and helpful and seemed excited about talking to me. Received an offer about a week later.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter from their headquarters in Arlington, VA after applying online. After my phone interview with the recruiter, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview at their Minneapolis location. Following that interview, I had a third interview with a potential co-worker who worked remotely out of New York. All interviews were very basic and behavioral based. Nothing surprising. However, the whole process spanned over two months, which is way too long. After three interviews, I never heard back. Hours after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, I received an automated email stating that I was not selected. When I followed up to this automated email, I never received a response. When people invest a lot of their time into the interview process, the least a company could do is send a personal email or phone call.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Heard from the recruiter a week or two after applying. Did a phone interview and then a Skype interview and had an offer within two weeks of my initial contact with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in November 2016.

Interview

Comprised of four steps: prior to first interview, had to complete a reasoning and personality assessments online; then, first round interview via video chat with a recruiter (all behavioral questions); then had to complete an "accomplishment record" (basically a written behavioral interview); then final round video chat with 2 more senior levels for about an hour (also all behavioral).

Make sure you really know your stuff about what CEB does, what the role entails, and why you're interested in CEB and sales.

Interview Questions

• LOTS of "tell me about a time..." all essentially focused on assessing your persuasion abilities, ability to learn new things / technology, working with others, creativity, etc.   1 Answer