CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and done fairly quickly. Applied late December then got an email from a recruiter who wished to set up a phone screening the next week. That took about 10 mins, where I was asked my salary and then she said she would get back to me. Then she set up an interview with the director and an analyst under him. Both lasted 30 mins each. Very informal, very nice. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume. Why do you want to work here. All behavioral questions   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB in October 2016.

Interview

Started and ended with a phone Interview. Interviewer was pretty cold and seemed uninterested in the conversation. Whole thing took about 15 minutes. Interviewer seemed interested and positive about the conversation and asked me to take a personality quiz and online assessment. Two weeks later I took it upon myself to ask about my application status and within minutes received a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with diversity   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews, one was a standard case interview and one was a standard behaviorial interview with two women that were relatively senior at the firm. Both were extremely friendly and kind, made me feel very comfortable. Important to know how CEB is different from other firms going into the interview and articulate why their business model appeals to you.

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioral and case questions, but does preface behavioral questions with what CEB values so its easier to tailor your answer to what they're looking for, which I found very helpful.   Answer Question

Very competitive offer but wanted to be in a different city

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by friend, so a recruiter reached out to me. we had a call to set up a phone interview. the phone interview was a standard set of questions; there were no weird or trick questions. after the phone interview I had to do a two part online assessment. part one was a timed reading comprehension. the second was where I really struggled. it was a personality test of sorts, where you have three choices and select which means most to you, and which means least to you (or which best/least describes you). the difficulty came when there were three things that were important or sounded like you, and were impossible to rank on a scale together. for example: A. It is important to be on time B. I am organized C. I am responsible. there are detectors built into the test to prevent you from answering untruthfully, but I honestly was so thrown by the large amount of questions where all or none applied that it was immensely difficult to imagine that the test provided an accurate representation of how I behave or if I would fit in on the team. on the other hand, I completely over thought ever answer I gave,

Interview Questions

• what are your sales records?

what is your customer base like?
      1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Many steps to the process. After applying, if they believe you may be a good fit they will send you an online evaluation. If the evaluation reports well (I assume) then they continue with setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule a face-to-face interview either in person or over Skype. I was close enough to the corporate office to attend an in-person interview. They provide you with some questions ahead of time so you can come prepared with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which you had to persuade someone of doing something they initially were against?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about changing someone's perception of a company? Give an example.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

It was very very straightforward, one phone screen with an HR rep and then an hour long Skype with 2 team members who asked very straightforward questions about my problem solving skills etc.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly talked about projects on my resume, and asked machine learning algorithms, then asked about behavior question and schedule. People there are very polite and close to detail, the interview went very well and got the offer evetually.

Interview Questions

• why don't you use boosting? Which projects you find interesting? How to tune the model? Describe a challenge in teamwork.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on linkedin, contacted by recruiter via email for a phone screen. At the end of that, told me she wanted to schedule on site interview, so went and did a one hour interview at the location. So afterwards I went on site to interview at the minneapolis location.
    The interview questions were weird and tricky, and my interviewers were so rude, one of them even asked me why I rescheduled my interview, when it was for a family emergency... do not recommend. do not waste your time applying!
    The workplace looked so weird and groggy, quiet, and "business development associates" were in jeans and t-shirts (unprofessional.)

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were tricky and weird. Their company seems really messed up. I wouldnt work there, ever.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

1) phone screening - general personality questions about background and experience
    2) assessments - knowledge and reasoning test, kind of difficult
    3) 3 in-person interviews - Three 30 min interviews with management and whoever your boss will be

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and situational asking about previous experiences   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially it was good. I spoke with a recruiter and we discussed salary and interest in the role. A few days later she informed me that I'd interview with three people online. Three back to back interviews. Went well. The last guy- the senior most guy - told me at the end "this has been very good- you will hear from us soon". I had some other interviews and decisions I needed to make so took this as a good sign. I advised the recruiter- who had told me to let her know if I had any other offers- that I did have offers but that this was my number one choice. After 7 weeks and no response, I emailed asking for a status update and immediately got a rejection email. Very unimpressed and disappointing experience.