CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially it was good. I spoke with a recruiter and we discussed salary and interest in the role. A few days later she informed me that I'd interview with three people online. Three back to back interviews. Went well. The last guy- the senior most guy - told me at the end "this has been very good- you will hear from us soon". I had some other interviews and decisions I needed to make so took this as a good sign. I advised the recruiter- who had told me to let her know if I had any other offers- that I did have offers but that this was my number one choice. After 7 weeks and no response, I emailed asking for a status update and immediately got a rejection email. Very unimpressed and disappointing experience.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview 3 days later. Interview was with 3 individuals; lasted 50 minutes. Interviewers were very nice and helpful. All 3 had worked as commercial coordinators before and now had moved up the company ladder. CEB seems like a company where you can move up the corporate ladder very quickly. It seems like they really care about their employees and want to see them succeed.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time you solved a conflict?
      2. When have you had to explain complex subjects through email/writing?
      3. When have you solved a problem?
      Answer Question

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview-questions were very odd. The call lasted maybe 10 minutes and it sounded like the interviewer could care less about this phone call. She came off as rude and sounded as she rather be anywhere else. Not once was I asked, why I wanted to work here, what I knew about CEB, why they should hire me, etc. Also did not talk about the position once. Very disappointed with how unprofessional & lack of attentiveness this "interview" held. If you are going to have an associate recruiter do the interview at least make sure they know how to give an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got an email the day after about a phone interview for a job at the Sydney office with an attachment about the role (basically a Sales role for the company's consulting services). Scheduling with the interviewer was efficient and done through email.

For the phone interview, I was asked what I know about the position, the company, a STAR approach in proving my experience in exhibiting attention to details and to tell them about a time I had to work with someone difficult and what I did. The interviewer emphasized the use of STAR in answering the questions.

The interviewer didn't ask me if I have any questions. She just said she'll let me know what the team decides and ended the call abruptly. It probably lasted around 20 mins. I sent a thank you email days later and I was informed that they chose someone else for the role a few days after sending the email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what you did.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR screening person was late and somewhat unprepared. Seemed distracted during the discussion. Did more talking than asking questions. The company has not given the courtesy of follow up, weeks after putting me through preliminary steps in the hiring process. At this point I assume it is not moving forward, but formal closure would have been appreciated.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted within ~1 week by the HR person. Initial call was pretty easy, standard interview questions and mostly a description of the role. The interview did most of the talking; I asked a lot of sales-specific questions i.e. avg deal size, sales cycle, etc. but got very vague answers. Came to a mutual agreement that it wasn't a good fit after comp discussion

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Test after test online. Many weeks waiting for response. More tests then more waiting. No response. Nice people but their processes do change frequently and they would benefit if they kept normal hiring practices. The people are great and have regular get together. Workstation and on boarding good and even down to a science.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

First was a 20 minute phone call a few days after I submitted my resume. They did not even ask me questions except for, "Are you still interested in working here?" after telling me about the position. The in person interview was super laid back. 2 half hour 1 on 1's and then 1 full hour interview with my would be manager. Everyone was super nice and it was relatively stress free.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you changed a process at work?   1 Answer

Copywriter/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

After a 20-minute phone interview that involved standard filtering questions for the position and a review of what the company did, I scheduled a follow-up.

The second interview was a panel including the HR Specialist and three senior members of the content team. They were all easy to speak with, and clearly a capable team. They all sat in for the first half of the interview, and during the second half, I met with each of them one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple deadlines? The questions were all standard fare.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a writing test, then a case interview followed by a 1:1 with country head. The writing test was submitted offline and was an elimination round. The 1:1 interview was done on phone since the head wasn't located in India. The whole process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the case-related questions, most questions were on my resume possibly test skills and fit.   Answer Question