CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter from their headquarters in Arlington, VA after applying online. After my phone interview with the recruiter, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview at their Minneapolis location. Following that interview, I had a third interview with a potential co-worker who worked remotely out of New York. All interviews were very basic and behavioral based. Nothing surprising. However, the whole process spanned over two months, which is way too long. After three interviews, I never heard back. Hours after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, I received an automated email stating that I was not selected. When I followed up to this automated email, I never received a response. When people invest a lot of their time into the interview process, the least a company could do is send a personal email or phone call.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Heard from the recruiter a week or two after applying. Did a phone interview and then a Skype interview and had an offer within two weeks of my initial contact with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in November 2016.

Interview

Comprised of four steps: prior to first interview, had to complete a reasoning and personality assessments online; then, first round interview via video chat with a recruiter (all behavioral questions); then had to complete an "accomplishment record" (basically a written behavioral interview); then final round video chat with 2 more senior levels for about an hour (also all behavioral).

Make sure you really know your stuff about what CEB does, what the role entails, and why you're interested in CEB and sales.

Interview Questions

• LOTS of "tell me about a time..." all essentially focused on assessing your persuasion abilities, ability to learn new things / technology, working with others, creativity, etc.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a hiring manager to undergo a phone interview. Phone Interview was very standard and included basic questions about experience and career plans. After the interview I was told I would receive an online personality assessment, which was never sent to me. Calls and emails to resend the assessment were never returned.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you used your unique expertise for a project?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very helpful. Everything was very transparent and strategic. I enjoyed meeting the recruiting team. I liked the process because everyone told them what it was and talent assessment. I like CEB.

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter asking me what times I would be available for a phone interview. I e-mailed her back the times and did not receive any reply. I followed up with her a week later, and she emailed back scheduling a phone interview on the Thursday of that week, which I confirmed. Come Thursday, I wait for the recruiter's phone call and don't get one. I was very confused so I emailed her asking about the situation. I didn't receive a reply, but two weeks later, I received an unexpected phone call from said recruiter telling me that "she is calling me for phone my interview." I have seriously never encountered a more incompetent recruiter in my life, and this experience has left on me a very bad impression of the company. I ended up accepting an offer at another company.

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and done fairly quickly. Applied late December then got an email from a recruiter who wished to set up a phone screening the next week. That took about 10 mins, where I was asked my salary and then she said she would get back to me. Then she set up an interview with the director and an analyst under him. Both lasted 30 mins each. Very informal, very nice. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume. Why do you want to work here. All behavioral questions   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB in October 2016.

Interview

Started and ended with a phone Interview. Interviewer was pretty cold and seemed uninterested in the conversation. Whole thing took about 15 minutes. Interviewer seemed interested and positive about the conversation and asked me to take a personality quiz and online assessment. Two weeks later I took it upon myself to ask about my application status and within minutes received a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with diversity   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews, one was a standard case interview and one was a standard behaviorial interview with two women that were relatively senior at the firm. Both were extremely friendly and kind, made me feel very comfortable. Important to know how CEB is different from other firms going into the interview and articulate why their business model appeals to you.

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioral and case questions, but does preface behavioral questions with what CEB values so its easier to tailor your answer to what they're looking for, which I found very helpful.   Answer Question

Very competitive offer but wanted to be in a different city

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by friend, so a recruiter reached out to me. we had a call to set up a phone interview. the phone interview was a standard set of questions; there were no weird or trick questions. after the phone interview I had to do a two part online assessment. part one was a timed reading comprehension. the second was where I really struggled. it was a personality test of sorts, where you have three choices and select which means most to you, and which means least to you (or which best/least describes you). the difficulty came when there were three things that were important or sounded like you, and were impossible to rank on a scale together. for example: A. It is important to be on time B. I am organized C. I am responsible. there are detectors built into the test to prevent you from answering untruthfully, but I honestly was so thrown by the large amount of questions where all or none applied that it was immensely difficult to imagine that the test provided an accurate representation of how I behave or if I would fit in on the team. on the other hand, I completely over thought ever answer I gave,

Interview Questions

• what are your sales records?

what is your customer base like?   1 Answer