CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.9

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

It was very very straightforward, one phone screen with an HR rep and then an hour long Skype with 2 team members who asked very straightforward questions about my problem solving skills etc.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly talked about projects on my resume, and asked machine learning algorithms, then asked about behavior question and schedule. People there are very polite and close to detail, the interview went very well and got the offer evetually.

Interview Questions

• why don't you use boosting? Which projects you find interesting? How to tune the model? Describe a challenge in teamwork.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on linkedin, contacted by recruiter via email for a phone screen. At the end of that, told me she wanted to schedule on site interview, so went and did a one hour interview at the location. So afterwards I went on site to interview at the minneapolis location.
    The interview questions were weird and tricky, and my interviewers were so rude, one of them even asked me why I rescheduled my interview, when it was for a family emergency... do not recommend. do not waste your time applying!
    The workplace looked so weird and groggy, quiet, and "business development associates" were in jeans and t-shirts (unprofessional.)

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were tricky and weird. Their company seems really messed up. I wouldnt work there, ever.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

1) phone screening - general personality questions about background and experience
    2) assessments - knowledge and reasoning test, kind of difficult
    3) 3 in-person interviews - Three 30 min interviews with management and whoever your boss will be

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and situational asking about previous experiences   Answer Question

Executive Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEB in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn as a passive candidate by a recruiter and had a positive conversation about the position itself. It sounded interesting and I was interested in learning more. I was then instructed to apply online, which I did after a full work day at my current, well-paying job. After applying online, before even speaking to a hiring manager or having an in-person interview, I had to take a weird competency exam that didn't align with the job description at all and one of those awful, bogus personality tests. This is lazy recruiting and tells you a lot about a company's culture when the leadership makes hiring decisions based upon computerized testing before even meeting a human being.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handled a difficult client situation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially it was good. I spoke with a recruiter and we discussed salary and interest in the role. A few days later she informed me that I'd interview with three people online. Three back to back interviews. Went well. The last guy- the senior most guy - told me at the end "this has been very good- you will hear from us soon". I had some other interviews and decisions I needed to make so took this as a good sign. I advised the recruiter- who had told me to let her know if I had any other offers- that I did have offers but that this was my number one choice. After 7 weeks and no response, I emailed asking for a status update and immediately got a rejection email. Very unimpressed and disappointing experience.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview 3 days later. Interview was with 3 individuals; lasted 50 minutes. Interviewers were very nice and helpful. All 3 had worked as commercial coordinators before and now had moved up the company ladder. CEB seems like a company where you can move up the corporate ladder very quickly. It seems like they really care about their employees and want to see them succeed.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time you solved a conflict?
      2. When have you had to explain complex subjects through email/writing?
      3. When have you solved a problem?   Answer Question

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview-questions were very odd. The call lasted maybe 10 minutes and it sounded like the interviewer could care less about this phone call. She came off as rude and sounded as she rather be anywhere else. Not once was I asked, why I wanted to work here, what I knew about CEB, why they should hire me, etc. Also did not talk about the position once. Very disappointed with how unprofessional & lack of attentiveness this "interview" held. If you are going to have an associate recruiter do the interview at least make sure they know how to give an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got an email the day after about a phone interview for a job at the Sydney office with an attachment about the role (basically a Sales role for the company's consulting services). Scheduling with the interviewer was efficient and done through email.

For the phone interview, I was asked what I know about the position, the company, a STAR approach in proving my experience in exhibiting attention to details and to tell them about a time I had to work with someone difficult and what I did. The interviewer emphasized the use of STAR in answering the questions.

The interviewer didn't ask me if I have any questions. She just said she'll let me know what the team decides and ended the call abruptly. It probably lasted around 20 mins. I sent a thank you email days later and I was informed that they chose someone else for the role a few days after sending the email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what you did.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR screening person was late and somewhat unprepared. Seemed distracted during the discussion. Did more talking than asking questions. The company has not given the courtesy of follow up, weeks after putting me through preliminary steps in the hiring process. At this point I assume it is not moving forward, but formal closure would have been appreciated.