CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got an email the day after about a phone interview for a job at the Sydney office with an attachment about the role (basically a Sales role for the company's consulting services). Scheduling with the interviewer was efficient and done through email.

For the phone interview, I was asked what I know about the position, the company, a STAR approach in proving my experience in exhibiting attention to details and to tell them about a time I had to work with someone difficult and what I did. The interviewer emphasized the use of STAR in answering the questions.

The interviewer didn't ask me if I have any questions. She just said she'll let me know what the team decides and ended the call abruptly. It probably lasted around 20 mins. I sent a thank you email days later and I was informed that they chose someone else for the role a few days after sending the email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what you did.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR screening person was late and somewhat unprepared. Seemed distracted during the discussion. Did more talking than asking questions. The company has not given the courtesy of follow up, weeks after putting me through preliminary steps in the hiring process. At this point I assume it is not moving forward, but formal closure would have been appreciated.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted within ~1 week by the HR person. Initial call was pretty easy, standard interview questions and mostly a description of the role. The interview did most of the talking; I asked a lot of sales-specific questions i.e. avg deal size, sales cycle, etc. but got very vague answers. Came to a mutual agreement that it wasn't a good fit after comp discussion

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Test after test online. Many weeks waiting for response. More tests then more waiting. No response. Nice people but their processes do change frequently and they would benefit if they kept normal hiring practices. The people are great and have regular get together. Workstation and on boarding good and even down to a science.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

First was a 20 minute phone call a few days after I submitted my resume. They did not even ask me questions except for, "Are you still interested in working here?" after telling me about the position. The in person interview was super laid back. 2 half hour 1 on 1's and then 1 full hour interview with my would be manager. Everyone was super nice and it was relatively stress free.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you changed a process at work?   1 Answer

Copywriter/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

After a 20-minute phone interview that involved standard filtering questions for the position and a review of what the company did, I scheduled a follow-up.

The second interview was a panel including the HR Specialist and three senior members of the content team. They were all easy to speak with, and clearly a capable team. They all sat in for the first half of the interview, and during the second half, I met with each of them one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple deadlines? The questions were all standard fare.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a writing test, then a case interview followed by a 1:1 with country head. The writing test was submitted offline and was an elimination round. The 1:1 interview was done on phone since the head wasn't located in India. The whole process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the case-related questions, most questions were on my resume possibly test skills and fit.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I was proactive in contacting the hiring team and it took several weeks for someone to contact me to schedule a job interview. I was very quick to respond and take one of the slots, but then the HR personnel never responded. The following Monday I got a rejection email. I tried to clarify, and they said they never received my response about scheduling the interview. Apparently, being disorganized is a consistent character of CEB's HR dept, based on several recent comments here on Glassdoor just this year.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about an interview a few weeks later. It was easy to arrange a time, and it felt comfortable speaking with the interviewer. The questions weren't too difficult. The interviewer wanted to know about my experience with different kinds of research and working in groups.

Interview Questions

• CEB has a complicated business model. In your own words, tell us how you understand it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

phone x2, then in person. met with 5 people. good experience all around, through completely normal. for a best practices company, i would think they had a really smart cool process.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to college?   1 Answer