CEB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Copywriter/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

After a 20-minute phone interview that involved standard filtering questions for the position and a review of what the company did, I scheduled a follow-up.

The second interview was a panel including the HR Specialist and three senior members of the content team. They were all easy to speak with, and clearly a capable team. They all sat in for the first half of the interview, and during the second half, I met with each of them one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple deadlines? The questions were all standard fare.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a writing test, then a case interview followed by a 1:1 with country head. The writing test was submitted offline and was an elimination round. The 1:1 interview was done on phone since the head wasn't located in India. The whole process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the case-related questions, most questions were on my resume possibly test skills and fit.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I was proactive in contacting the hiring team and it took several weeks for someone to contact me to schedule a job interview. I was very quick to respond and take one of the slots, but then the HR personnel never responded. The following Monday I got a rejection email. I tried to clarify, and they said they never received my response about scheduling the interview. Apparently, being disorganized is a consistent character of CEB's HR dept, based on several recent comments here on Glassdoor just this year.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about an interview a few weeks later. It was easy to arrange a time, and it felt comfortable speaking with the interviewer. The questions weren't too difficult. The interviewer wanted to know about my experience with different kinds of research and working in groups.

Interview Questions

• CEB has a complicated business model. In your own words, tell us how you understand it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

phone x2, then in person. met with 5 people. good experience all around, through completely normal. for a best practices company, i would think they had a really smart cool process.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to college?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in July 2016.

Interview

Process was very standard. Sent in resume, took a couple of behavioral and reasoning tests, and had two rounds of interviews. Everyone was super friendly and helpful--definitely one of the most pleasant interviews I have ever had!

Interview Questions

• They will ask you questions about sales--this can be a bit difficult to answer if don't have previous sales experience.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Basic Phone screen then had to complete an excel test which was 30 questions and not too difficult. Easy to try in your own desktop excel before in the test. 3 Interviews with hiring manager and two directors. I thought I did well and was excited about maybe getting an offer. Standard email rejection two days after my interviews. One of the directors seemed very focused on what my previous role was and couldn't seem to get passed the fact that that role doesn't necessary relate to the one i applied for....yet I have a finance degree. . Pretty pissed off about it but glad they sent an answer pretty quickly

Project Manager Interview

Interview

1. Email from recruiter, 2. Phone call with recruiter (3 weeks after that first email), 3. Online assessment (a week after the phone call), 4. Talk to the team you will be working with (2 weeks after the online assessment), 5. Business case review to see how you think (3 weeks after #4). Overall, I was extremely dissatisfied. The recruiter was not responsive to follow up emails. The whole process took about 2
    months. Too much step for a salary of 60K for the PM position in Washington D.C. They may need to re-classify this position title. The job description is more like an analyst position.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions - Tell me about a time...you disagree with your boss's decision...something along those lines.   Answer Question

All the work and days off they put me through from my current job, they decided to give me a significant pay cut. Too much time and effort for a job that pays only 60K. This is the DMV area. Average PM makes 80-90k.

Finance Associate Interview

Interview

Reached out to me for an interview, asked me to complete an assessment which was not set up properly. Reached out twice to let the recruiter know and ask if she was still interested in an interview - NO REPLY. Very unprofessional

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had an in person interview with a recruiter on campus. It was about 30 minutes and was mainly behavioral questions. The next day I was invited to the second round interview which was a video interview with two managers. Before the interview I was required to take a very long behavioral test to see if my skill set matched the position. I also had to write an accomplishment record before the video interview. This required answering about 3 questions in essay form using examples from work experiences. The video interview lasted an hour and was very heavy on behavioral questions related to sales experience. If you don't have any selling experience it can be very difficult to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most challenging time that you needed to be innovative and quick at the same time. Describe the situation and your approach in detail. What was the result?
      Think of a decision you made where you were initially baffled on how to proceed. Describe the situation. How did you simplify the situation? What did you do to come to a decision? What was the result?
      Answer Question