CEB Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Send them your CV
    2. Telephone interview (I failed this)
    3. Online testing
    4. Interview with hiring manager
    5. (I think this is the final step) Assessment Centre

* They e-mail you by the end of the day if you have passed or not

Interview Questions

• Q: What questions would ask when finding out about a company?
      Q: Where would you look for this information?
      Q: What made you choose a career in sales?
      Q: What skills do you have?
      Q: What do you think you will be doing on a day-to-day basis?
      Q: What business news have you read recently?
      Q: How does CEB make its money?
      Q: What is the business model of CEB?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, competency based discussion about previous experience, strengths & skills covered in first 2 interviews. Third interview was a role play discussion in which I had to act as sales associate, final interview was on my commercial awareness, and how market factors may be impacting on CEB,.

Interview Questions

• Why you?
      Why us?
      And other questions related to CV info.

Southbank - Event Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

45 minute interview and they asked about 7 questions.

The room was very small so I was up close to the panel, this was distracting as I was able to see what they were writing on the paper which intimated me.

The team seems really lovely and easy going. I was not prepared enough for the interview

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to achieve our sales targets?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

BD Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly, I had sent in my CV a few wèeks ago but had no response, but got an interview through an agency, odd. The agency asked if I would like a call with CEB or a face to face as the first step in the process, I chose f2f to show my keenness and met the HR person in the London office, which felt a bit vacant and void of personality. She was late for the meeting and had not booked a room either, not a good start. We went through my CV and sh asked some general questions. About 10 minutes in I felt she was bored and wasn't making much of an effort in the conversation, and was proven right when I saw her look away a few times when I was providing clear, detailed answers; she came across quite cold and disinterested. I closed her and ended the meeting after 45 minutes, 15 minutes ahead of schedule as I felt she wasn't engaged. The feedback I got was that I wasn't open in my answers and was defensive, which is not true. CEB have an elevated opinion of themselves, if you're lively, energetic and open you will not be accepted there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Got through to the phone interview. Essentially it was a 30-minute discussion with the recruiter. However they stated that 80% of the time you will be cold-calling. Lost interest, as this is not what I wanted.

Make sure you know a lot about the company, since they will as you plenty of questions about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Tough competencies, covered prioritisation, teamwork, organisational, resilience, persistence and got asked some weird questions, role play scenario was engaging and you get to see what its like actually working for CEB.

Still waiting to hear back whether i have received an offer so ignore the section about not getting an offer! (Dont want to jynx it!)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a telephone interview one day after online application. The interview was on the following week. The interview took about 20 minutes. Started with education background and several behavior questions. What do you think about web and the specific role.

Managed Services Project Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

First of all I had a screening phone interview. The recruiter asked me a few simple questions about the CV contents. She sent me an email about the job requirements / salary etc. At the same time she asked me to complete the 2 online assessments (verbal reasoning / personality test) which I found quite challenging. After completing I arranged for a personal interview at the office. There were 2 interviewers which I was notified about but it wasn't much of a problem.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you think is your biggest strength   Answer Question
    • 2. What is your weakness and how do you think you can improve upon it   Answer Question
    • 3. Tell me about the time you feel pressured and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • 4. Tell me about the time when you had to follow instructions and procedures   Answer Question
    • 5. Tell me about the time you encountered a dramatic change in your life   Answer Question

Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

4 stage formal process - phone interview, online tests, Competency interview, then Research presentation. NOTE - they favour internal candidates for these positions, particularly those in the practice already, so if you are applying externally do not expect to get this position.

On the whole, a very cold interview - it's difficult to get your personality across when you're asked mostly personality questions throughout the process, and even then they still have more questions that the interview process does not fulfill. I received a message at the end stating I passed the formal process, but they wanted me to come in for an hour again to discuss 'internal stakeholder management and work flow processes' - clearly the process is not answering they want to, and with the amount of stages required you'd think they should hit all these touch points.

My feedback was that I was the strongest candidate for the position, and they wanted to move it forward after passing the formal interview. After waiting for a week, I learned that after notifying me of this an internal research advisor from the USA applied for the same position, interviewed him within a week, and hired him. Though I was the strongest candidate, they felt he was a better fit based on doing the job.

So while the interview process is thorough, you will always be fighting against it if you are not an internal candidate. If you do not hear from them after a week, expect that you didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Most of these are featured but these are the basic question my former practice director gave me:

“Tell me about a time when you …?” usually focused on an outcome/issue or task.
      “How did you go about organising the xx meeting?” usually a sales, advisory or client meeting
      “What did you do about xx problems?” usually around a project or task
      “What was the outcome of a project or task you led?”

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online after finding the opportunity in TargetJobs. There were several stages:
    1. Phone screen (brief conversation about CEB and the role, more for HR to tell us about them), she immediately invited me to...
    2. Assessment day, which consisted of several talks from CEB employees, Q&A. The assessed portions were a 1-hour long competency-based interview (quite intense) and then pitches to all the managers on a random topic (mine was favourite band).
    3. Online test - you will usually do this before the assessment day, just personality based questions
    4. Phone call with offer