CEB Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.1

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I interviewed separately with 2 CEB employees. One interview revolved around a case, and the other interview was about personality and fit. I also completed a character/knowledge assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you were consulting on x case, how would you solve x problem? (after detailing a case)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through our on campus interview program and came in for back to back hour-long behavioral and case interviews. Both interviewers were great and helpful and seemed excited about talking to me. Received an offer about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a hiring manager to undergo a phone interview. Phone Interview was very standard and included basic questions about experience and career plans. After the interview I was told I would receive an online personality assessment, which was never sent to me. Calls and emails to resend the assessment were never returned.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you used your unique expertise for a project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews, one was a standard case interview and one was a standard behaviorial interview with two women that were relatively senior at the firm. Both were extremely friendly and kind, made me feel very comfortable. Important to know how CEB is different from other firms going into the interview and articulate why their business model appeals to you.

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioral and case questions, but does preface behavioral questions with what CEB values so its easier to tailor your answer to what they're looking for, which I found very helpful.   Answer Question

Very competitive offer but wanted to be in a different city

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a writing test, then a case interview followed by a 1:1 with country head. The writing test was submitted offline and was an elimination round. The 1:1 interview was done on phone since the head wasn't located in India. The whole process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the case-related questions, most questions were on my resume possibly test skills and fit.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about an interview a few weeks later. It was easy to arrange a time, and it felt comfortable speaking with the interviewer. The questions weren't too difficult. The interviewer wanted to know about my experience with different kinds of research and working in groups.

Interview Questions

• CEB has a complicated business model. In your own words, tell us how you understand it.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I got an email asking to set up a phone interview. It did require some back and forth, but the phone interview was set up and lasted about 20 minutes. No unexpected questions. There were a lot of questions about my experience with research and setting up research projects, as well as what kind of research projects I had been involved in.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call with a recruiter, which was basically a screener. She offered at the end of the call to set up another interview. A week later I had an hour of video/phone interview (using CEB's version of skype), with 30 minutes of case interview and 30 minutes of behavioral interview and a different CEB employee interviewing each time. It was unclear if they would have needed me to come in and get a drug test or interview again because they didn't mention it.

Interview Questions

• Case Interview had to do with a city's bus system, exactly what other posters have stated. It had 3 parts, and the interviewer withheld some information that you had to ask for.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Two-interview process. Behavioral interview on the first day (with a very nice recruiter guy) and case interview on the next day (with a more-difficult-to-impress recruiter). Behavioral and case questions were pretty standard, and there was very little math involved.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you thought outside of the box.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in October 2015.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks, applied through my campus career site. Had to do an online critical thinking assessment which lasted about 30 minutes before an on campus interview. Assessment was difficult, but it is meant to be difficult and should not discourage. On campus interview consisted of a one hour behavioral interview and a one hour case interview all in the same day. Heard back about a week later with a final decision

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume. What is one recent theory, discovery, or invention that has captured your interest and why?   Answer Question