CEB Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter from their headquarters in Arlington, VA after applying online. After my phone interview with the recruiter, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview at their Minneapolis location. Following that interview, I had a third interview with a potential co-worker who worked remotely out of New York. All interviews were very basic and behavioral based. Nothing surprising. However, the whole process spanned over two months, which is way too long. After three interviews, I never heard back. Hours after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, I received an automated email stating that I was not selected. When I followed up to this automated email, I never received a response. When people invest a lot of their time into the interview process, the least a company could do is send a personal email or phone call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews before being brought in for an in-person interview. I was joined by two other applicants in the lobby for a tour of the building, including the cafeteria and other facilities.

We were then separated for one-on-one interviews with three different CEB employees. Overall, took a few hours of time. Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the culture felt very collegiate.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions included, how would you decorate your cubicle if you worked here? other than this, what would be your dream job? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral the process was very easy, and I had 4ronds of an interview and all completed in one day, the last round was telephonic round with the director. all the HR were very friendly n director too. if yo are fresher then your all round depends on your academic project.

Interview Questions

• MS Excel-Vlook up,
      how to conduct industrial research
      Modes of secondary data
      Porters 5 model
      SWOT analysis
      Write down research model for any industry of your choice
      Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB in June 2016.

Interview

The process started with a case study and an online assessment which needed to be completed and sent across in 24 hours. After being shortlisted in that round I had a 30 minute long HR interview. The next day I received an email regarding the next round of interviews that I was going to have with the directors and senior consultants. The process was perfectly organised till this point. I was even asked to prepare for the interview since the rounds were supposed to be technical. After spending 3 hours and giving 3 interviews which were more market sizing questions and some questions on my previous role, I was not even informed about the decision. I had to mail the HR guy twice and then eventually call him up and that's when he told me that I wasn't selected. Considering I figured I'd done well in the technical rounds, and spent such a long time preparing the case study analysis and for the interviews, I'd expected a certain amount of decency in return but well I guess that's how their HR works.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

HR Round at Bangalore office- Very bad experience- All questions were Absurd- Busy with his laptop-Hurried up for lunch- Unknown about the role he was interviewing- He didn't know most of the terminology I was explaining to him. Whole interview went like a debate session of Parliament. Lack of interest in listening to my answers.

Interview Questions

• The HR who was interviewing unable to frame the questions properly. I was asking him to specify it. And he was busy with his laptop which shows his mundane in interviewing. Moreover, it was annoyed for me that he didn't know in which role he was interviewing me.   1 Answer
    • Suggestion:- When CEB team interviewing anyone please respect the candidate as if you are interested to take them in your company. Might be CEB team would miss out on the good candidates.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds:

Basic HR, Case Study, F2F. Interview was very tough, but was a good standard process.

HR was normal, Case Study is a bit tricky, answer smartly(tip), Face 2 face is going to be tough one. Interviewer were friendly.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The interview process is very long. HR took 2 months to communicate the final offer. However, the interviews were of medium-easy difficulty. They pay a lot of emphasis on communication and writing skills, and the process consisted of 2 written rounds apart from 3 interviews.There was one HR round (very basic), one technical round which consisted of a case study and a detailed discussion about my internship project and other projects, and a manager round which was quite general.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you tricky Excel based questions and case studies if you are applying for a Quant based role (and even for Research roles)   1 Answer