CEB Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview, then a Skype interview, took a skills and intelligence test, and then was asked to send in an Accomplishment Record of my prior work achievements.

Interview Questions

• What excited you most about the role and the broader organization at CEB?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a $2,000 raise and a higher position than the general placement per my previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very standard interview process. 15-minute phone screen followed by one-hour on-site followed by offer. Easy.
    My on-site was weird because there was one person in the actual SF office where I was and one person on speakerphone, but the questions were somewhat challenging behavioral interview questions. They want you to answer using SAR - Situation, Action, Result. For example: I was house-sitting and the house caught fire. I knew I was the only one who could save the puppy, so I grabbed the puppy, found the emergency exit, and safely exited with the puppy, being sure to call emergency services and utilize the fire extinguisher. The puppy has now grown into an adult dog and the owners are still very thankful for my assistance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a customer or client who was angry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and given the contact information of a CEB recruiter. After emailing the recruiter we set up a time for a preliminary phone interview. The recruiter was friendly, helpful and genuinely made me even more excited about working for CEB after answering all of my questions. After the interview I took a behavioral test online, was asked to produce a writing sample answering a few more behavioral questions and interviewed with two managers from the San Francisco office. Overall the process was timely and professional. Although the interview questions were challenging both interviewers made me feel comfortable and excited about the job opportunity.

Make sure to have specific examples to answer each question. They do not have to be related directly to sales but should demonstrate your ability to use specific transferable skills (communication, time management, persuasion, teamwork, etc.)

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the three most important steps to take in order to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy. Only took a few weeks and was pretty average. Had a phone interview and then came in a for an in person interview. The in person was with one head manager and also two people on the phone.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, intense and mind numbing. Phone screening looking for specific traits that a sales oriented. Led first by recruiter that is typically very junior...then by sales leaders who are simply looking for motivation.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem being managed by a woman?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process begins over the phone with a recruitment officer from the CEB Headquarters located in Arlington, Virginia. It's a fairly standard phone interview with the typical questions (strengths, weaknesses, sales experience, etc.) After the phone interview, depending on your location, you will be invited to an in person interview in one of the regional offices. I interviewed in San Francisco with two managers. They are very interested in your communication skills and like to see your personality. So dress your best, smile, and show a little bit of yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a sales experience went wrong, and how did you rebuild that relationship?   Answer Question