CEB Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CEB Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The CEB interview is completely disorganized and includes a bait and switch element. I applied online and completed the online assessment. The following week I had a phone interview with HR. The next week I had three Skype interviews as CEB had no interest in flying from NY (must not be a super successful consulting company). The first person was 35 minutes late. The second was a case interview and the finally I had an interview with a Senior Analyst who asked basic questions.

The next week I was told I had a job but not with the division I interviewed and recommended another and also pointed out that I wasn't qualified for the Senior Analyst position. The following week I had another phone interview with the person who would be my boss and then another with potential coworkers the next day. All of this could have been handled much better if I was flown in for a day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did something wrong? What excites you about CEB?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through the online system and the process took about 3 weeks. After the phone interview, I had to do some online assessment tests and then the following week, they invited me to meet with three mangers at their headquarters. One have to be prepared to deal with multiple interviewers with different backgrounds. Everyone was super nice, very friendly and professional. It didn't feel stressful. Overall, quite enjoyable experience. They put a lot of weight on critical thinking, innovative and solid logic, having done some research is also very important, which could be school related as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an interesting idea or concept ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

For an HR best-practices company, CEB needs to seriously reconsider its hiring process. It started simply enough: I applied for a research analyst position while I was pursuing my MA. Soon after, I was invited to do a phone interview—just basic background questions. Soon after, the recruiter followed up with a personality and problem-solving online test. About a week after I finished the test, the recruiter invited me to an in-person interview in Arlington.

I flew out and interviewed with three people—two behavioral interviews and a case interview. The case interview question was the same that everyone else has posted.

But what happened after is where CEB fell apart.

I sent follow-up emails to the two recruiters I was in contact with and each of my three interviewers. Not a single one got back to me. Obviously I didn't get the job... but that can only be assumed because no one took the time to let me know.

But what happened afterwards is really the icing on the cake.

About a year later (now), another recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for the *exact same position.* She wanted me to start the process all over. I politely told her that I'm very happy at my current company and had no interest in CEB. A word to the wide: Take the time to treat applicants with respect.

TLDR: Disorganized and rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Recently had an interview for the Senior Research Analyst position with the company, consisting of two 1-hour behavioral interviews and one 1-hour case interview. Before that, I had to take a couple of pre-interview exams online (a Hogan personality test and a Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices test). Overall the process was very smooth and enjoyable. The interviewers were high caliber individuals and enjoyable to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question is same as a previous reviewer noted (you're a scientist that developed an eye drop solution that cures nearsightedness for 30 days/unit; it's FDA approved; you're presenting to a VC firm. Define a price point, the US market size, and a go-to-market strategy.) I would recommend using the interview toolkit on their website as far as what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial phone call - basic questions about my resume and my interests. Afterwards I completed the Raven and Hogan assessments, both of which are pretty straightforward and nothing to worry about.

On-site Interviews - consisted of two hour-long behavioral interviews and one hour-long case interview. The three people that interviewed me were from different practice areas (HR, IT, and Legal). The questions were pretty standard, "explain a time when..." Just make sure to have the problem, action, and solution mapped out because that's what the interviewers guideline sheets are formatted like. One I remember was "explain a time when you had to convince a group to follow your thinking or opinion on a project."

A week after my interviews I received an email saying that they were not moving forward with an offer, but that they really valued their conversations with me and that the recruiter would be happy to answer any questions I may have. I have sent two emails since then requesting feedback about why the felt I was not a good fit for the role and am yet to receive a response.

Interview Questions

• Case Interview (not difficult) - you'll notice a trend in these responses to interviewing at CEB. They have given the same case interview for the past two years. Even better, the one they gave before then is the one they have on their site as a practice case. Anyways, here it is:

You are a scientist and have discovered a new eye-drop solution to cure nearsightedness. You are presenting it to a VC and he wants to know what the price point, market size in the US, and go-to-market strategy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in January 2008.

Interview

One standard HR phone interview (walk me through your resume, career goals, why CEB? etc). I never met the HR person. They lost some of the documents submitted prior to the interview so I had to resubmit them.

Three one-on-one interviews (same day) with three different employees (2 consultants and one manager). I presented my resume and then solved three cases. The cases were not very difficult and did not require hard quantitative skills or finance/business knowledge. Be prepared to come up with numbers and justify any step in your analysis as they are looking to see how you think. They don't care about the final solution , they just want to know how you think. People were nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. They give you two weeks to consider their offer.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB in November 2015.

Interview

It was ment to be 1 HR round, 1 case study round, 2 PI rounds- each with two Associate Directors and two Directors separately.
    Since I am based out of lndia and the vacancy was for Gurgaon office, all the interview rounds were telephonic.
    1) HR round was more or less general talks which were around my interests, expectations and professional contributions which I might bring to the firm.
    2) The HR manager mailed me along with JD and following case study round details. Case was on wine industry followed up with 3 questions based on that. Time allocated: 24 hrs.
    3) Couple of days later to the case analysis submission, was asked by HR for my availability for the next telephonic rounds. Couldn't make through 1st round though, it was a good experience. The Associate Diro were friendly people. It started with introductions, followed-up with behavioural and guesstimate rounds. The case was based on providing consultancy to Indian railways ministry for the project of launching high speed train in India. The round lasted for an hour.
    All the rounds were elimination ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your prior work ex in the field of research.   Answer Question
    • How you would add value to the firm given your prior work ex and skills?   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

I initiated the dialogue by calling the recruitment team. I was directed to the recruitment manager from the human resource team. After a few followups I was sent a case study from Kenan Flager business school. I was asked to write a case analysis and send back the write up within 2-3 working days. It was instructure that I do not take more than 4 hours to complete the exercise. I did complete this task and sent a detailed case analysis in word format to the HR manager. She reverted back in one week's time with the feedback that they have liked my analysis and would like to meet me. I visited their office and was interviewed by a research manager. The interview was case based and I was given a typical consulting situation and then we discussed it in a solution approach style. The interviewer was warm and probing. He posed encouraging questions and made me comfortable. After that, I was interviewed by the HR head. The HR coordinator told me that both these rounds have gove well and now I will have to take the final partner round. As the partner was travelling in US, we fixed a telephonic appointment for the same day in late evening. The partner round went really well. Questions asked were general about my passions, likings and overall career goals. By the end of the conversation the partner told me that the firm will make an offer and that I should expect a call from the HR team with the offer in one week's time. I recieved the offer within one week.

Interview Questions

• The case that was discussed was a tricky one. It was about the pricing and valuation of a truly breakthrough technology.   Answer Question

We could not agree upon the remuneration