CEB Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible. So robotic versus trying to actually know the person and their background & how it relates to the role. They did not provide tools when asked to help prep for meeting, managers were not prepared and seemed scattered. Mostly read from their laptops versus actually having a conversation.

Note to management - giving someone 45 minutes to prep for a presentation is not normal. Most organizations give the details for the presentation at least 24 hours in advance so the candidate can prep and really show how they would present versus being put on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to figure out what a client's concerns were without them telling you?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Friendly and organized interview process. Recruiters have good control of the process and flow of interaction. They did good job of describing the roles and responsibilities of the position and were prepared to answer detailed questions.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

Since this was an internal interview, I did a brief in-person interview (in lieu of a phone screen) with an HR staffer assigned to the L&D department. After that, I was invited to a full day of interviews and a 30-minute mock content delivery session with a panel of prospective team members.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about about the learning and development function?
      What skills do you need to develop in order to fully contribute to the team?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an initial call with an HR recruiter, then a separate interview with them a few days later. I then was asked to complete a competency test and an accomplishment record with three behavioral questions. The final interview was with two current employees and consisted of a handful of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to sell a product that someone did not want. How did you do that? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Lead Qualifications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The Interview process took about 3 to 4 weeks. I applied through an employee referral and went through about 2 different phone calls with a recruiter. From there I had an in-person interview with two different individuals. From what I thought was an overall positive interview experience I received no word for about two weeks on the status of my interview. Overall, the recruiter was somewhat not helpful in regards to what my role was going to be. I also was very disappointed in how long it took the company to get back to me on my interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

One phone interview, some online assessments (Hogan and Raven assessments), and a 3-part in-person interview. The interviews were standard behavioral interviews, an "intellectual curiosity exercise" discussing whether it was important to measure happiness in employees, and a quantitative exercise involving designing a statistical model and interpreting graphs. The last interview person didn't walk me out, so I was left to wander around the building and find my own way out, which was not only awkward but also probably unsafe for the company. Once I got the offer, there was also a background check using a truly incompetent and frustrating third-party vendor called HireRight. These days there is also a drug test.

Interview Questions

• To build a statistical model predicting how many medals the US would win at the Olympics.   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

You are required to fill out a few different personality assessments before your first interview. They use these assessments to figure out how well you will fit in to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a person with a diverse background and how did you handle the relationship?   Answer Question

Executive Advsior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a pretest and then a 2 hour interview based on some pre-reviewed material. During the first hour, the requirement was to give a brief to a senior member of a company and then answer personal questions. The second hour was more personal experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an occasion when you had to convince a senior leader to do something.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online after close of business, and was contacted by a recruiter by 1 pm the following day. Scheduled a phone interview, which was subsequently missed by the recruiter, and had to reschedule. Decent phone conversation and was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager. Never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with project management?   Answer Question