CEB Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated May 18, 2017

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

You are required to fill out a few different personality assessments before your first interview. They use these assessments to figure out how well you will fit in to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a person with a diverse background and how did you handle the relationship?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online after close of business, and was contacted by a recruiter by 1 pm the following day. Scheduled a phone interview, which was subsequently missed by the recruiter, and had to reschedule. Decent phone conversation and was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager. Never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with project management?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The Process was very long. I applied when the application opened in Dec. 2016. I waited until Feb 2017 and was asked for the first 30 minute phone interview. From there I was asked to take two online assessments. The first was a personality/ how I work portion and the second was a literary comprehension test. I waited about a week and was contacted again for the final interview that would be with 2 hiring managers and last 1 hour. Before that interview I had to finish an accomplishment record to prepare me. Very long process but I appreciate it because CEB can be confident in the people that they hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to negotiate
      Tell us about a time where you were able to build your credibility
      Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fairly easy and relaxed phone interview. Was told I was going to be getting an email with an activation link to an online assessment. Two days later, still do not have it. Email the recruiter, no answer. Next day, still don't have it, call the recruiter, no answer. One week later still no answers or follow up from the recruiter. Emailed again, was told they were looking into someone else's profile. If that were the case, then why would you tell me I was moving to the next step? Also, lack of response is so unprofessional and clearly indicative of how they run as an organization.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Heard from the recruiter a week or two after applying. Did a phone interview and then a Skype interview and had an offer within two weeks of my initial contact with the recruiter.

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and done fairly quickly. Applied late December then got an email from a recruiter who wished to set up a phone screening the next week. That took about 10 mins, where I was asked my salary and then she said she would get back to me. Then she set up an interview with the director and an analyst under him. Both lasted 30 mins each. Very informal, very nice. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume. Why do you want to work here. All behavioral questions   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews, one was a standard case interview and one was a standard behaviorial interview with two women that were relatively senior at the firm. Both were extremely friendly and kind, made me feel very comfortable. Important to know how CEB is different from other firms going into the interview and articulate why their business model appeals to you.

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioral and case questions, but does preface behavioral questions with what CEB values so its easier to tailor your answer to what they're looking for, which I found very helpful.   Answer Question

Very competitive offer but wanted to be in a different city

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by friend, so a recruiter reached out to me. we had a call to set up a phone interview. the phone interview was a standard set of questions; there were no weird or trick questions. after the phone interview I had to do a two part online assessment. part one was a timed reading comprehension. the second was where I really struggled. it was a personality test of sorts, where you have three choices and select which means most to you, and which means least to you (or which best/least describes you). the difficulty came when there were three things that were important or sounded like you, and were impossible to rank on a scale together. for example: A. It is important to be on time B. I am organized C. I am responsible. there are detectors built into the test to prevent you from answering untruthfully, but I honestly was so thrown by the large amount of questions where all or none applied that it was immensely difficult to imagine that the test provided an accurate representation of how I behave or if I would fit in on the team. on the other hand, I completely over thought ever answer I gave,

Interview Questions

• what are your sales records?

what is your customer base like?
      1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

1) phone screening - general personality questions about background and experience
    2) assessments - knowledge and reasoning test, kind of difficult
    3) 3 in-person interviews - Three 30 min interviews with management and whoever your boss will be

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and situational asking about previous experiences   Answer Question