CEB Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

CEB Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 26, 2017

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

You are required to fill out a few different personality assessments before your first interview. They use these assessments to figure out how well you will fit in to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a person with a diverse background and how did you handle the relationship?   Answer Question

Executive Advsior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a pretest and then a 2 hour interview based on some pre-reviewed material. During the first hour, the requirement was to give a brief to a senior member of a company and then answer personal questions. The second hour was more personal experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an occasion when you had to convince a senior leader to do something.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fairly easy and relaxed phone interview. Was told I was going to be getting an email with an activation link to an online assessment. Two days later, still do not have it. Email the recruiter, no answer. Next day, still don't have it, call the recruiter, no answer. One week later still no answers or follow up from the recruiter. Emailed again, was told they were looking into someone else's profile. If that were the case, then why would you tell me I was moving to the next step? Also, lack of response is so unprofessional and clearly indicative of how they run as an organization.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Heard from the recruiter a week or two after applying. Did a phone interview and then a Skype interview and had an offer within two weeks of my initial contact with the recruiter.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews, one was a standard case interview and one was a standard behaviorial interview with two women that were relatively senior at the firm. Both were extremely friendly and kind, made me feel very comfortable. Important to know how CEB is different from other firms going into the interview and articulate why their business model appeals to you.

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioral and case questions, but does preface behavioral questions with what CEB values so its easier to tailor your answer to what they're looking for, which I found very helpful.   Answer Question

Very competitive offer but wanted to be in a different city

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

1) phone screening - general personality questions about background and experience
    2) assessments - knowledge and reasoning test, kind of difficult
    3) 3 in-person interviews - Three 30 min interviews with management and whoever your boss will be

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and situational asking about previous experiences   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially it was good. I spoke with a recruiter and we discussed salary and interest in the role. A few days later she informed me that I'd interview with three people online. Three back to back interviews. Went well. The last guy- the senior most guy - told me at the end "this has been very good- you will hear from us soon". I had some other interviews and decisions I needed to make so took this as a good sign. I advised the recruiter- who had told me to let her know if I had any other offers- that I did have offers but that this was my number one choice. After 7 weeks and no response, I emailed asking for a status update and immediately got a rejection email. Very unimpressed and disappointing experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR screening person was late and somewhat unprepared. Seemed distracted during the discussion. Did more talking than asking questions. The company has not given the courtesy of follow up, weeks after putting me through preliminary steps in the hiring process. At this point I assume it is not moving forward, but formal closure would have been appreciated.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted within ~1 week by the HR person. Initial call was pretty easy, standard interview questions and mostly a description of the role. The interview did most of the talking; I asked a lot of sales-specific questions i.e. avg deal size, sales cycle, etc. but got very vague answers. Came to a mutual agreement that it wasn't a good fit after comp discussion

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

First was a 20 minute phone call a few days after I submitted my resume. They did not even ask me questions except for, "Are you still interested in working here?" after telling me about the position. The in person interview was super laid back. 2 half hour 1 on 1's and then 1 full hour interview with my would be manager. Everyone was super nice and it was relatively stress free.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you changed a process at work?   1 Answer