CFA Institute Interview Questions in Charlottesville, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.9

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Due to time difference it was mainly web calls and one visit to the office.
    While not offered the position but got to the last stage of the interview process, it would have be helpful to receive a feedback rather than "copy and paste" email with the decision. I did ask for feedback one but have never received any reply not even an email refusing to provide one.

Staff Level Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter within a few days of applying for the role. Had a in depth conversation regarding the company, the role, and my skills and qualifications. Interviewed on site the following week with members of the staff and leadership, along with a tour of the facility. Heard back with an offer a few days later.

Expectations and timelines were clearly stated, the process moved forward as anticipated.

Interview Questions

• In depth questions regarding my experience, career history, motivational fit   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

A short, cordial phone call with HR. Very laid back, enjoyable conversation. One day later, received an invite to an in-person interview. That interview consisted of a meeting with the hiring manager, followed by co-interview with three team members (one via video conference). Afterward, HR was excellent about staying in touch with me, letting me know of any delays in the hiring process. Three weeks later, I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions regarding my background, my writing style, what groups of people I've worked with previously, if I'm ok with a cubicle, if I have had experience working with people spread around the world.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant - Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and I was called a few days later. The recruiter set up a phone screening and then we had a short meeting in person before I interviewed with my potential future boss. The experience was positive and the recruiter was very professional, timely, and he immediately put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational and pleasant with typical interview questions such as tell me what you know about CFA, why do you want to leave your current position, tell me about yourself, etc. I was used to formal panel interviews but this was nothing like that and I felt like I could connect to the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant - Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from their recruiter a few days later requesting a phone interview. The phone conversation lasted about 25 minutes and was solid. In a day or so, I was invited for a face-to-face 30-minute interview with the recruiter. That time again was solid. He asked usual behavioral, experience, and qualification questions. At the very end, when we were both standing to leave, he asked.......below. The thing is, I present myself very professionally, and if anything, am more than qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• "Oh, bye the way, how old are your children?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the internship position and was contacted in the time frame provided by CFA for their internship interviews.
    I first completed a phone interview with standard questions, and then was invited for an in-person interview.
    Campus is very modern and in a good location. The interviewers were very welcoming and personable, and their passion for their organization was clear. Compensation was very competitive for internships also. All in all a positive interview experience.

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, briefly chatted for around 5 min then she said would let me know the actual interview time later but never got it even though I followed up with a couple of other emails.

Interview Questions

• The "interview" with HR was straightforward and chill.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter who was very kind. She was very forthcoming about the culture and what I would expect being employed there. In addition, she had basically told me "You should have no problem working here!" I received no response after the phone interview for 3 weeks and when I called in, they told me to check my email. I waited another two weeks and finally an email came that said they had found someone else. What upset me is that the company sends me emails and newsletters as if I was a customer and sent me "Jobs" flyer which listed the job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What software do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Internal Meetings Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

A local recruiter found the position, told her I was interested and we had an interview set-up within a week. Did a 1:1 interview with the incredibly nice manager. She gave a thorough overview of the company and the position, and then I described my background. We then exchanged questions and that was it. The whole interview took almost an hour. She was very easy going and she was honest about the challenges this position would face. Great experience overall, impressive company.

Interview Questions

I accepted another job offer for a full time position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

After initial phone interview, there was a TWO HOUR interview comprised of 4 half hour interviews with groups of 2-4 people. By the second half hour, I had answered the same questions, repeated my work history and skills twice .... by the time the last half hour kicked in, I was no longer fresh and had to question myself whether or not I had already answered the question. In addition, the interviewers were not prepared, and I sensed did not enjoy this process, but it may be one of their job responsibilities. Most of the employees have accounting and/or academic backgrounds, and were uncomfortable doing a human resources responsibility. (In fact, the HR person was outgoing, friendly while the staff interviewers fidgeted in their chairs, couldn't make eye contact, etc.) There is no reason why this process couldn't have been one interview. The process was exhausting and a complete waste of time. One interviewer thought it would be clever to ask "worse case scenario" questions she got from Goggle that were nothing short of ridiculous. Another question: "What does your neighbor think of you?" I left HOPING I would not get the job.

Interview Questions

• "What does your neighbor think of you?"   1 Answer