CGG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.9

Seismic Image Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGG (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Talked with a Senior trainer on the phone for around 30 min. Got asked three mathematic questions. He helped me when I got lost in the question and helped correct me when I didn't reach the correct answer

Interview Questions

• 1. Given the first three items of a geometric series, figure out the fourth item.
      2. Possibility question
      3. Binary linear equation group   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CGG (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter about an open position. After screening by the recruiter, I was offered an on-site interview. The interview took about 2 hours. First, I met with two developers, then with an HR person. The developers asked mostly technical questions, both about geophysics and software development. I was asked to read a small program and identify bugs - there was a logic bug and several edge cases were not handled. I was also asked to write out a small program to replace some elements in a string. I wrote my code in C++ using the std::string class. Based on the interviewer comments, I believe that he did not understand the difference between std::string objects and C-strings.

Interview Questions

• What is a multiple? What is the Fourier transform of a time-shifted function?

Write a program to take a string and replace all occurrences of "AB" with "X".

What is a memory leak?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGG (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I received an email and had a phone interview. The phone interview was about 40 minutes. Then they invited me to an on-site interview. That took about 2 hours.
    I believe the questions were not so hard in perspective of computer science people, although I am not and they rejected me with saying that I lack basic CS knowledge. (which is true)

Interview Questions

• (phone) Build a function that takes an array and reverse the sequence and return.
      (on site) Write a code that realizes a queue which is represented as linked list.
      (on site) Dequeuing a queue by linked list has a complexity of O(n). Can you make it to O(1)?
      (on site) Write a code that computes sin(x) by using the Taylor series.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGG.

Interview

First round will be answering a few questions that sent by a word document. Share screen with HR when you answering the questions. Most questions are about OOP, some of OpenGL. Limit time for 50 mins.

Interview Questions

• Q: constructor and destructor, struct and class, polymorphism   Answer Question

Seismic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGG in April 2017.

Interview

It's patient but sad result for the second round. I got to solve the problems as soon as possible but they emailed me saying that I failed the tech test.

Seismic Imaging Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGG in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me the day after I submitted my resume online. She put me through the screening process, and scheduled a phone screen two weeks later.

I was asked a series of math questions during the phone interview. I was told to expect an update within two weeks, and I did hear from the recruiter within that time frame. They moved me forward to the next step, which would be a phone interview with a manager. However, since I had another job offer, I declined.

Both the recruiter and interviewer were very professional, and kept to the timeline they gave me. I came out with a positive impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. A question about geometric series.
      2. Find the area of an octagon.
      3. Make a box out of a piece of paper and maximize the volume.   Answer Question

Seismic Engineer Interview

Interview

It takes around 2 or 3 weeks to wait for the reply even there is a refer. So candidate should be patient. I will have an interview next week. I'm preparing for it now.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGG in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer told me to solve three math problems. One is about geometric series, another is a geometry problem. I forgot the other one. I need to explain my logic and result.

Interview Questions

• Given the first three numbers of a geometric series, what's the fourth one?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGG in February 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview went on very well. Firstly I was asked when I will be able to start work, then I was asked only two math problems (I didn't completely answered the second one even with the clue the interviewer gave me... but they gave me a pass). The person who spoke with me was nice and patient.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a known parabola equation (y=1/2*x^2 or similar), find the point on it which is closest to the point (0, 4).
      2. Randomly pick up 3 points on the circumference of a circle, what is the probability that the distance between all 3 points are all smaller than the radius?   2 Answers

Seismic Imaging Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on line, receive a phone interview after a week. About 30 min, 3 easy questions that need only high school math knowledge to solve. Allow interviewee to ask questions after the interview.

Interview Questions

• N by N by N cube, paint its surface, cut it in to unit cubes, ratio of painted and all surface (of unit cubes) is 4, what is N?
      A dice, randomly remove one dot, roll it, what is the probability of get odd number?
      Coins of value 1, 5, 10, 25 cents, total number unknown, average value is 20, if add a 25 coin, average becomes 21, what is the number of 10 cent coins?   1 Answer