CGI America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI America

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI America (Troy, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for a Technical position(vs Functional). 45 minute On campus interview, i basically defended my resume, no technical questions. -> Email to schedule on site(Troy, AL) interview -> On site interview consisted of two more of the same interviews. Disappointingly, still no more technical questions. Received interview results 5 weeks later, no offer, but then had my information forwarded to another HR manager in Columbia, SC. Haven't heard back yet. All communication seems to be very slow.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Java and C. Interviewer didn't know the answer.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI America (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Recruiter called me and we had a brief 15-20 min conversation for pre screening general questions. My resume was passed on to hiring manager who approved me for interview. HR scheduled interview the following week. Met with director who would be my boss and a PM. Interview lasted about an hour. Included some technical questions about scenarios, and also about my current job. To determine if my experiences related to the position. They were every friendly and relaxed. no suits, business casual. Got a call a couple days later about offer approval. /original recruiter worked with me to agree upon a salary. After some back and forth, I got a e-offer which I accepted. Timeline 2 weeks + 2 day background check to be completed after I accepted. Mien took only 2 days. From recruiter call to start date was about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• To prepare, have specific examples of things you did. Do not be vague.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated with the recruiter. They matched what I initially asked for. Only negotiation was when I received a counter offer from another company. They exceeded that so I went with them. Very quick turnaround on offer adjustments. Within 48 hours.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI America in February 2012.

Interview

They called for an in phone interview that ended up being extremely brief. It seemed like they had no patience or actual interest and it took them a month to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe specific skills you could bring to the position   Answer Question